Photo

Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

* * * * * 9 votes

• Please log in to reply
718 replies to this topic

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini

Hi voxpop2011

Tonight the first try to unlock my OMC, The only problem was Win 7 did not see the phone But once I went to the add port, Port 22 for me, The unlock worked perfect.

Thanks again for your support

Well you are a jammy devil :lol:. Rooted and unlocked in no time at all. I guess if you can get Windows to 'play nice' with the drivers, half the battle is won. At this rate, you will be flashing roms like a pro.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

mealy1

mealy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate+Ascend G300

Well you are a jammy devil :lol:. Rooted and unlocked in no time at all. I guess if you can get Windows to 'play nice' with the drivers, half the battle is won. At this rate, you will be flashing roms like a pro.

mealy1

mealy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

After the unlock I have had to root it again, Still feeling my way Though, I will try another rom, Pleased to get rid of the O+++ge sim Dont know how or were the money from the payg topup has gone as I have not made any phone calls I used my wifi all the time, no indication that I was using it on the net.

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

After the unlock I have had to root it again, Still feeling my way Though, I will try another rom, Pleased to get rid of the O+++ge sim Dont know how or were the money from the payg topup has gone as I have not made any phone calls I used my wifi all the time, no indication that I was using it on the net.

Tell me about it. Orange is the most expensive network for pay and go. The real problem though is that in the initial set up for Orange, there is an option to use Orange internet or wi-fi only. You probably missed that. I bought a five pound vodafone sim to 'test' the unlock and will probably stick with them.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

mealy1

mealy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Tell me about it. Orange is the most expensive network for pay and go. The real problem though is that in the initial set up for Orange, there is an option to use Orange internet or wi-fi only. You probably missed that. I bought a five pound vodafone sim to 'test' the unlock and will probably stick with them.

For me the best sim is from lycamobile Just have a look at there site and there payg charges, We have family in Sweden, Providing the person you are phoning has the lycamobile sim Its only 15 pence for a 30 min call thats been the charge for a lest 18 months, As well as some more phone companies they use the Vodafone network. Try phoning Sweden with a Vodafone sim and see how much it costs

DaiJas

DaiJas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:monte carlo
Still falling at the first hurdle when trying to unlock my monte carlo - when running install-recovery-windows.bat I get the waiting for device and the green android man on the phone and does not recognise the drivers when i point it towards the directory. Tried various cables and usb port combinations and also tried it on another machine over the weekend but the same result.

Has anyone any suggestions on as to what is going wrong ?

roadstrbikr

roadstrbikr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Hello all,

I have a strange problem that doesn't seem to have surfaced here (that I've seen, although I may have missed it). I have had no problem getting up to step 6 in the pinned post here. The problem is that when I connect the phone to my computer and press the volume down button, I get dumped into the MoDaCo Recovery!!!. I don’t ever see the “FTM” come up on my phone. I know that I could flash a new ROM, but I only want to network unlock the phone... Any ideas?

Cheers.

Rosz

Rosz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1
Hello All,

I am unable to load the link - http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L . I am not sure if it is a problem only for me, but unfortunately I am unable to download the drivers :(

Does the link work for you?
Is there other place I can download them?

Thanks

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Hello all,

I have a strange problem that doesn't seem to have surfaced here (that I've seen, although I may have missed it). I have had no problem getting up to step 6 in the pinned post here. The problem is that when I connect the phone to my computer and press the volume down button, I get dumped into the MoDaCo Recovery!!!. I don’t ever see the “FTM” come up on my phone. I know that I could flash a new ROM, but I only want to network unlock the phone... Any ideas?

Cheers.

At some point you must have installed this. In any event, you will not be able to boot into FTM mode until you remove recovery. Do you have any back up programs such as Titanium?

Badinternet.jpg

arnookie

arnookie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
I have phone on custom rom atomic rom. I want to unlock but was unsure if this is possible with custom rom installed. Will it mess up if I try doing it with my custom rom? Do I need to flash back to stock rom first before the unlock?
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
Also the mac address problem will this still be a problem or do I need to repair that after unlock?
Thanks for any help :o)

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

I have phone on custom rom atomic rom. I want to unlock but was unsure if this is possible with custom rom installed. Will it mess up if I try doing it with my custom rom? Do I need to flash back to stock rom first before the unlock?
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
Also the mac address problem will this still be a problem or do I need to repair that after unlock?
Thanks for any help :o)

Okay. The unlock tutorial is purely to allow use of the OMC on other networks, but if you do not follow the recommended back-up procedures in the tutorial you will loose stuff. Clockwork is a way to enable custom roms to be installed, but in this case it will get in the way of the unlocking process so needs to be removed. In any event the post-unlock procedure will, in your case, reinstall clockwork recovery.

So far as the tutorial is concerned, it has been modified so that the broken MAC address is no longer an issue. However, it is a good idea to make a note of this in case something does go wrong, and you can find the fix in another thread on this forum. I myself used this tutorial to unlock and even though it took me two weekends, it worked.

Badinternet.jpg

arnookie

arnookie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Okay. The unlock tutorial is purely to allow use of the OMC on other networks, but if you do not follow the recommended back-up procedures in the tutorial you will loose stuff. Clockwork is a way to enable custom roms to be installed, but in this case it will get in the way of the unlocking process so needs to be removed. In any event the post-unlock procedure will, in your case, reinstall clockwork recovery.

So far as the tutorial is concerned, it has been modified so that the broken MAC address is no longer an issue. However, it is a good idea to make a note of this in case something does go wrong, and you can find the fix in another thread on this forum. I myself used this tutorial to unlock and even though it took me two weekends, it worked.

Thanks for your reply. But I am still unsure if I should remove clockwork or let the unlock method do it. I still don't know if I need to go back to stock rom or if I can use this with custom rom already installed. Thanks.

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Thanks for your reply. But I am still unsure if I should remove clockwork or let the unlock method do it. I still don't know if I need to go back to stock rom or if I can use this with custom rom already installed. Thanks.

You will have to remove Clockwork as it is preventing the phone from booting into the FTM mode. When you have done that, follow the tutorial to the letter, do not be tempted to skip anything in particular, the post-unlocking step as this will re-install Clockwork recovery and you can then, if necessry, re-flash your custom rom.

I must confess I found the whole unlocking really challenging and as I said before, it took several weekends.

Badinternet.jpg

arnookie

arnookie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

You will have to remove Clockwork as it is preventing the phone from booting into the FTM mode. When you have done that, follow the tutorial to the letter, do not be tempted to skip anything in particular, the post-unlocking step as this will re-install Clockwork recovery and you can then, if necessry, re-flash your custom rom.

I must confess I found the whole unlocking really challenging and as I said before, it took several weekends.

Thanks I just wanted to check about clockwork getting in the way. I'll give it a try and see how I go. :o)

arnookie

arnookie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Thanks I just wanted to check about clockwork getting in the way. I'll give it a try and see how I go. :o)

I am just about to attempt this but If I remove clockwork do I really need to restore stock rom or can I do this with my custom rom as long as I remove clockwork? Do I really need the phone back at stock rom or do I just need stock recovery?

Looks like im stuck because multiuplad is not working. Anyone have a link for the correct drivers?

Edited by arnookie, 16 February 2012 - 05:48 PM.

Darren W

Darren W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Link to drivers are not working? Please help.

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
If you need driver etc..all the unlock files are here and the new clockworkmod, but DELETE THE QCN FILE

http://bit.ly/wCK7p1

Edited by razzmataz1478, 18 February 2012 - 04:29 PM.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

klacirtg

klacirtg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Telephones, computers, women, sometimes camels...:)
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Skate
Friends, Romans...coutrymen! I did it!!! It worked 100%!
Big thanks to the author!!!

akay

akay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy s2 , ZTE Skate
thanks very much for this thread ,unlocking went smoothly first try :)

alfa999

alfa999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:OMC
Thanks very much to tilal6991 and xiaoyaoswim for the unlocking information.

I had the usual week looking for drivers that worked and then all went well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users