Galaxy Nexus - what's going on with stock?

Guest Karucifer

Guest Karucifer

We've been hearing rumours for a few days now that something untoward is going on with stock destined to arrive with UK suppliers next week in time for the announced launch of the 17th.

Specifically, that many large suppliers were being given dates up to a fortnight after the date Samsung gave us last Friday.

The one notable supplier not mentioning any delays and potentially in best contact with Samsung is Phones 4U, the 'preferred partner' that Samsung have been pimping via their official Facebook page for pre-orders.

Today, we've heard from more than one source that they've had these delays confirmed, not because stock is limited (this may also be true) but instead because Phones 4U have an initial 2-week period of exclusivity on the device during which time they will not be selling the handset off-contract.

So if you had a phone on pre-order elsewhere, or wanted a handset off-contract you might be out of luck until December (at the soonest).

If this is true it's incredibly disappointing, we've contacted Samsung directly for comment and will report back when the situation has been clarified.

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest Zarch1972

Slate Apple for a whole host of other misdemeanour's, but they certainly know how to properly launch a product.

Google/Samsung certainly have some catching up to do on this front. :unsure:

Guest Spinstorm

(sorry about that - what I was trying to say was)

This doesn't seem likely guys - O2 have already confirmed they will stock it from the 14th at the earliest and 17th at the latest.

Not all online sites are showing delayed shipping either yet - It seems quite likely that some units will be available but we just don't know where yet.

It would however be a safe bet to head into Phones4u next week if you want one.

Let's hope Modaco can get something more concrete out of Samsung than anyone else has to date. I suspect we may just have to wait till the 17th to find out what the score really is!

Guest Karucifer

Spinstorm - where did you hear that? O2 is one of the companies we've been discussing this with, you seem to have more information than their head office staff?

Guest Spinstorm

I have heard from various sources it will be out by the 17th and pocket-lint also has confirmed this with Samsung. I can't say who those people are and they may as yet prove to be wrong but I am confident that O2 will have it next week.

http://gazedice.com/2011/11/12/samsung-galaxy-nexus-not-delayed-and-will-be-available-on-november-17th-as-planned/

Guest Karucifer

Simfree stock is confirmed delayed until the following week:

Samsung Distribution is still stating week commencing 21st November this has been the case for the past two weeks or so. We understand that dates such as the 17th November MAY be release dates for non sim free stock but we cannot confirm this.

Three UK have now announced delays due to stock too.

We're in direct contact with O2, they've told us that despite the post on Google+ confirming from one of their hardware guys that they can't get a straight answer on whether they'll have devices tomorrow. Sounds like another delay!

So, that's 7 confirmed delays (most of which haven't changed since they told us of the delays in the first place).

Fingers crossed for O2, but it looks unlikely.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.