Orange San Francisco II leaked

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Orange has had a lot of success in the Android marketplace with it's own branded devices. Since the launch of the Orange San Francisco it has made a big name for itself and helped the manufacturer ZTE become well known to consumers in the UK. Whilst the Orange Monte Carlo wasn't as well received as the San Francisco, Orange are hoping that users will take to it's upcoming device the San Francisco II. Based upon the ZTE Crescent, the San Francisco II is aimed at the budget market providing decent hardware specifications for a low price.

Whilst the price isn't known, what we do know is that the phone will be shipped running Android 2.3 and running on an 800MHz CPU - possibly a Qualcomm powered MSM7227 chip.

Specifications:

• Camera: 5 Megapixel

• Display: 3.5inch 800x480 WVGA TFT, 262k colours

• Memory: 512MB

• CPU: 800MHz (possibly MSM7227)

Will this device be as popular as the San Francisco was and will Orange & ZTE have another hit on their hands?

Orange leaked information about the device onto it's help & support section, possibly in time for a Christmas release (screenshot after the break!)

Posted Image

Source: Orange

sf2frontback.png

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

I don't get it. it's alomost the same as the blade/1st san francisco. only difference is that the processor is a bit stronger. i would expect a 4 inch screen and a 1ghz processor. in the meantime i'm happy with my beloved blade.

Guest domenico lamberti

i hope it seems to be a FFC, for me that is the only thing missing from my blade that i really want, i mean sure if i had the money i would buy an SGS 2, but for a budget conscious student, this would be great, like the first blade was

Guest Sebastian404

This is not an upgrade, it's just replacing the existing san fransisco with a simular model in the range, if you want a 'better' phone there's the Monte Carlo.

We are not Oranges target market. They are looking for people who want to call thier mates and play angry birds, as cheaply as possible..

If ford announce a new model mondeo, you'd not be expecting it to faster and bigger than the last.. And that's what this is really...

lol, these ZTE Orange phones are officially dead to me. A year ago or more the Original San Fran was a good deal for the price.

However, this new San Fran and the Monte Carlo are just full to the brim with compile FAIL. ARMv6 at this price or the price of the Monte Carlo are both a rip if you ask me. How long have ARMv7 chips been out now? Given ZTE's astronomical quantities of scale they still can't manage to get one in either this or the Monte Carlo?

Complete Nonsense.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Also worth noting that on a hardware level, when you looked through the Online manuals, underneath the rear casing, it is very similar to the Blade. I'd assume its primarily made harder to unlock by Orange so they get more income there, the improvements are probably an attempt to move current Blade users away from their unlocked handsets (the naming would also apply here)

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest Voxpop2011

"... Whilst the Orange Monte Carlo wasn't as well received as the San Francisco, Orange are hoping that users will take to it's upcoming device the San Francisco II."

I find this surprising as the reviews were mostly positive and the price drop from £149 (plus £10 top up) to £119 should have made it a big seller. I have a Monte Carlo, which I use as a weekend alternative to my iPhone 4. I like the big handset and the screen is quite responsive, albeit that tapping does not always register first time. I have managed to set up my POP email account and it makes and receives call as well as getting online. The only thing I don't like is the HIDEOUS Orange interface and the pointless apps that have been pre-installed and require root to remove.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

lol, these ZTE Orange phones are officially dead to me. A year ago or more the Original San Fran was a good deal for the price.

However, this new San Fran and the Monte Carlo are just full to the brim with compile FAIL. ARMv6 at this price or the price of the Monte Carlo are both a rip if you ask me. How long have ARMv7 chips been out now? Given ZTE's astronomical quantities of scale they still can't manage to get one in either this or the Monte Carlo?

Complete Nonsense.

Average Joe looking for his first smartphone for a bit of fun probably doesn't know or care about the difference between the types of architecture, and funnily enough it is pretty much aimed at him, not your Android-power user, who will buy the latest and greatest every few months.

Personally, I don't care much about Arm7 either. Flash just about works with ports to Arm6, and the original Blade with 600mhz Cpu and Adreno 200 wasn't exactly going to be playing Arm7-level games anyway.

As long as the price is low and it has generally good specs, newbies and others inexperienced in the Android world will buy it.

Guest Simon O

The Monte Carlo may be a big seller on the Orange website at the moment but it just isn't as popular as the San Francisco which was extremely popular. Orange sold a huge number of San Francisco devices, ZTE sold over 3 million worldwide. The Skate in all it's forms is no way near as popular due to the high price and specifications. Most people in the target market would have San Francisco phones already so why would they want to pay for another device that really isn't an upgrade?

That is why I say the Monte Carlo wasn't as well received. Because it's the truth. Sorry.

Guest SUBZEROUK

i think the san fran 2 looks great it looks much better than the orig by a long shot also looks like the camera on the back now has flash.But its just a complete waist of time tbh an 800mhz processer come on the blade only has a 600mhz processer if it cant support flash then whats the point.And unlike the sanfran is the sanfran 2 going to get software updates or is it just a quick fix for people who want android 2.3.2 out the box and then just like the sanfran it never gets updated complete waste of time

Guest SUBZEROUK

also with it being on orange it will smothered in their crap bloatware that will prevent it from being updated unless useless orange support firmware updates.I bet the san fran 2 os system is locked to orange aswell to stop you from unlocking it and going on to other networks im just sticking with my san fran for now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.