62 replies to this topic

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150

Cheers Tilal well I wasnt putting it into ftm mode but now I have I stil cant get it to recognise my phone...same error, I was tempted to just unlock it without saving my mac and other items but I guess that would be kinda stupid.

Im a bit of a rookie when it comes to things like this lol

You need drivers to be installed. Did you install drivers on the post?

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

You need drivers to be installed. Did you install drivers on the post?

I remember, years and years ago, when a friend gave me an old laser printer. He said "you'll need the drivers"... I was SO confused LOL! "what on EARTH are 'drivers' " :D

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

I remember, years and years ago, when a friend gave me an old laser printer. He said "you'll need the drivers"... I was SO confused LOL! "what on EARTH are 'drivers' " :D

Lol. :)

BustaRhymes+

BustaRhymes+

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
Drivers now installed but stil getting same error message :(

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

I don't understand why it's not working :(. What is the exact message you get?

BustaRhymes+

BustaRhymes+

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Think ive got it now...ive saved a file called DEADD00D_0.qcn which is 153 KB in file size...is that the correct file?

lol im usually ok at tech stuff i used to build pc's for a living...but phone stuff just isnt my forte im afraid :(

xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

I'm not sure what exactly that error mean. But it could be that QPST haven't recognised you phone. You might need to config the port where your phone connected to by running "QPST Configuration" and in port tab -- Add New Port -- select the right port num and click ok.

To tilal6991, would you pls mention this in both of your tutorials? Also I think credit should be given to John W who found the right way to backup & restore Nonvolatile(NV) Memory.

BustaRhymes+

BustaRhymes+

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm not sure what exactly that error mean. But it could be that QPST haven't recognised you phone. You might need to config the port where your phone connected to by running "QPST Configuration" and in port tab -- Add New Port -- select the right port num and click ok.

To tilal6991, would you pls mention this in both of your tutorials? Also I think credit should be given to John W who found the right way to backup & restore Nonvolatile(NV) Memory.

Thats exactly what I had to do..manually configure the port before the software would recognise the phone.

Think I have got it now and managed to backup the nv items.

Thanks to both you guys you have been most helpful :)

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

Will do.

Droid 007

Droid 007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I don't have time to do the whole QPST backup sequence. Hopefully someone else will. But I have made a video which shows the important part; how to edit your MAC address in the *.QCN backup of NVITEMS, and save it, ready for flashing:

I went to FTM, but the QPST Software Download does not recognise the phone, thus could not take backups. The phone itself turns on etc. make calls

Edited by Droid 007, 13 November 2011 - 03:55 PM.

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

I went to FTM, but the QPST Software Download does not recognise the phone, thus could not take backups. The phone itself turns on etc. make calls

Have you installed drivers and manually tried to configure the ports in QPST?

xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Think ive got it now...ive saved a file called DEADD00D_0.qcn which is 153 KB in file size...is that the correct file?

lol im usually ok at tech stuff i used to build pc's for a living...but phone stuff just isnt my forte im afraid :(

haha, I'm just the same as you - an enthusiast of pc but new to android handset. But I think the smart phone is just a mini version of computer, so you will get into it very quickly with your pc experience.

BustaRhymes+

BustaRhymes+

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

haha, I'm just the same as you - an enthusiast of pc but new to android handset. But I think the smart phone is just a mini version of computer, so you will get into it very quickly with your pc experience.

lol felt really embarassed asking questions on here as im usually giving advice to others, not often i find myself being such a noob haha..

Phone is now unlocked and running on GiffGaff, many thanks once again you really are a legend...I will send donation later this evening.

Droid 007

Droid 007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Have you installed drivers and manually tried to configure the ports in QPST?

Thanks a lot Tilal. I went to QPST Configuration -> Ports tab -> Add New Port button -> COM10 -> OK

QPST now recognises my phone. I am backing up now. Then I will need to use hex to change MAC address. As I am following from pre-MAC unlock instructions, I hope these will be final bits. I also what to know which ROM is best to use.

Droid 007

Droid 007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Thanks a lot Tilal. I went to QPST Configuration -> Ports tab -> Add New Port button -> COM10 -> OK

QPST now recognises my phone. I am backing up now. Then I will need to use hex to change MAC address. As I am following from pre-MAC unlock instructions, I hope these will be final bits. I also what to know which ROM is best to use.

Finally my OMC unlocked with WiFi working. Now looking for a ROM to put on. Any suggestions?

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

Finally my OMC unlocked with WiFi working. Now looking for a ROM to put on. Any suggestions?

Bluemonte or CM7 - but I'm biased :)

Droid 007

Droid 007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Bluemonte or CM7 - but I'm biased :)

do you have the links?

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
I'm halfway through uploading a YouTube HD screencast of QPST & XVI32 hex-editing of the MAC, and re-flashing back. It's a roughly put together video, no audio or titles, but there are plenty of instructions underneath it, and also LOTS of guides and helpful OMC geeks on here.

A video has to be better than no video, right?

Watch this space...

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

I'm halfway through uploading a YouTube HD screencast of QPST & XVI32 hex-editing of the MAC, and re-flashing back. It's a roughly put together video, no audio or titles, but there are plenty of instructions underneath it, and also LOTS of guides and helpful OMC geeks on here.

A video has to be better than no video, right?

Watch this space...

Just in advance - can I add this to my tutorial?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users