I am trying to follow that guide.
You need to have stock recovery at the start of this tutorial. You can do it in the same way as you unlocked
You now have sorted the MAC address problem!
- You should already have QPST installed
- Download a Hex Editor for Windows - anyone is fine - Google "Hex Editor" and install it
- Put your phone into FTM mode - the same way as for unlocking
- Go to your start menu, QPST and then run Software Download
- Go to "Backup" tab and backup your nvitems
- Open your hex editor and open the *.qcn file that you saved with QPST
- Search for "11 22 33 44 55 66" with your hex editor
- Replace this with the MAC address you wrote down when you unlocked.
- Save the file
- Go back to "Software Download" and go to restore and choose to restore the saved *.qcn
I get to 5. and on the Backup tab, I have No Active Ports.
EDIT: I went into "QPST Configuration" and added new port in the Ports tab. Then the Software Download app found it
Edited by King Mustard, 13 December 2011 - 02:23 PM.