Photo

Tutorial - Get your MAC Address if you already unlocked - NOW UP!

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

Major_Day

Major_Day

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco2
Thanks tilal, it took a few attempts with random address', but i finally got it working, thanks for the tut.

For anybody that's interested the new Mac Address for my Blade is AE FF BE FF CE FF ,if it helps.
Fish n chips7 custom rom.

Edited by Major_Day, 07 July 2012 - 12:23 AM.

ErCordobes

ErCordobes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Help I'm going crazy! When I enter "11 22 33 44 55 66", the program says "tring not found"

As I can fix it? Thank you!

Muloo

Muloo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 / ZTE SKATE
  • Twitter:@muloo_r

Help I'm going crazy! When I enter "11 22 33 44 55 66", the program says "tring not found"

As I can fix it? Thank you!

Thats normal, the '11 22 33 44 55 66' is not a mac adress

try 00:90:4C:14:43:19

ErCordobes

ErCordobes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
When I open the mac adress look xvix32 11 22 33 44 55 66. When I released the mobile will change me, but that really is not.

I have installed the rom CyanogenMod you change the mac is 00:90:4 c Ahore: 14:43:19

But when change rom, I will and I have to change "11 22 33 44 55 66" by 00 90 4c 14 43 19 in system/etc/nv4319.txt. whith Es explorer

I keep my mac adress quero forever, but I will replace cuadno on my mac adress xvix32 for 11 22 33 44 55 66, says that is not block, then I can not change it.

If I look for that you say (the mine), for which the change?

Thanks, and please help if you can have!

Muloo

Muloo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 / ZTE SKATE
  • Twitter:@muloo_r
Sorry but you english is not so good...i do not understand. Meaby edit your post and write it aldo in your own language so someone can translate it better. Sorry

zerlgi

zerlgi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:CyanogenMod, MIUI, ROMS, Android, OpenSource, Ubuntu, Linux
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@mciverza
A small tip on finding your original MAC address.

I got mine by logging into my DSL router, and viewing the status and dhcp logs, which showed the MAC addresses of all the clients that had connected that day. Fortunately I had been using the wifi on my ZTE Skate before I rooted it and lost it.

(I only got my wifi back by using the S2 kernel, see http://www.modaco.co...g-system-files/ )

ZTE Skate Stock + Root / CM7 / CM10-ColdFusion @ ~840 Mhz
Samsung Galaxy S i9000 CM10 with Semaphore / Devil Kernel @ 1.2Ghz
SonyEricsson Experia Mini E10i Stock + Root
Ubuntu/RedHat/SUSE

osaeris

osaeris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Wildfire SF2 Skate
I created an account just to say - "You sir, are hardcore".

Crescent mac address fixed in 5 minutes flat.

MLKL

MLKL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:computer tech. nature books adrenalin. parachute, drinking witha friends..
  • Devices:zte atlas w
which programs u using to write that root directory. i can root my device if needed. after unlocking my sim. on it.
thanks for all help. should i download ES explorer apk from 3rd sources ? and copy to my sd card and install via device ?

Janfri

Janfri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei G510-200

Thats normal, the '11 22 33 44 55 66' is not a mac adress

try 00:90:4C:14:43:19

I was happy with this mac adress 00:90:4C:14:43:19 for a long time. After flashing a new rom I always had to install ES File Explorer and change the mac adress manually in nv_4319.txt and this always worked. Since yesterday my wifi does not work anymore, I ignore the reasons. And I discovered that in the properties there is another, a new mac adress starting 84:74 which is different from 00:90:4C:14:43:19. But if I change the nv_4319.txt putting in the other number 84:74 etc. it does not work either. I have reinstalled different roms, even with tpt helper changing partitions, but the error remains always the same. I have also tried to install stock rom, put could not download the offline update tool which seems to be necessary. Does naybody have any suggestions how to solve this problem?

I have temporarily solved it installing Mac Adress Ghost from the market, which makes wifi working again, but does not really solve the very strange problem. Best regards and thx for your comments.

Edited by Janfri, 26 November 2012 - 02:42 PM.

sparkles1966

sparkles1966

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:omc
hi everyone ,, ok firstly i used have already unlocked my omc ,,,

now my problem is i didn't see any were it written down to take a note of my mac number :(

my phone is working fine with the exception of the wifi .. my question is what do i do now as i didn't take a note of the number prior to unlock ,,

,i do have a number in the mac address box ! so were did this one come from and why is it wrong ,,,

sorry if I'm being bit thick

Edited by sparkles1966, 17 December 2012 - 01:00 AM.

VS5

VS5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vivacity ZTE Crescent
Stock Recovery & FTM Mode?

1. Can someone point me to a file for downloadind enabling me to get "Stock Recovery" please (Does this wipe cwm, have this on at te moment)
2. Do I need to revert to a "Stock Rom" and can you give me a download link please.

My Vivacity is unlocked and rooted. I had mac adress for a while but now I am back to the long winded 1 22 33 44 55. I have es explorer, granted it superuser, but my nv files once altered, cannot be saved. Es refuses each time. I tried to alter via pc but again they revert to 11 22 etc. Tried mac patcher to manually put therandom mac add in to es explorer nv file, but again it doesnt want to save. Checked su several times its definately granted permissions.

I dont have the original mac add, but I am wondering what is the one that I see in the nv file? Is this random?

Completely out of ideas. Am able to flash CMY FnC etc they all work fine, but to be honest this phone is becoming useless to me without wifi. I just cannot understand how wifi has gone, but I suspect its the usual non saving nv files when switching roms via cwm?. Tried a few roms since including early fibblesan but no joy.
Help really appreciated.

VS5

VS5

VS5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Should have added that currently I have Android 2.3.7 Baseband Version P736VB01 Kernel is2.6.35.37-perf+

VS5

VS5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Think of a number.....lets say 11 22 33 44 55 66.....its een the easiest number in to memorise for me. I tried everything, changing the nv_ file numbers, endlessly saving in ES Explorer. Every time I went back to settings there it was again....11 22 33 44 55 66! Finally managed to fix this using the steps above. I used CWM (early version) as I could not boot into FTM, but this time it worked. It saves to the original mac, but a random number can also be used (with mac changer).

Thanks again tilal, glossywhite and john W for figuring this out!

VS5

TeeMaa

TeeMaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys! Help needed!
After unlock my SKATE, my WiFi not forking... I try everything(like flash stock rom/recovery and than replace with XVI32/MACChanger "112233445566" to "mine"... And try sort this problem by editing "nv" file)... But, can't sort this problem... Now my phone shows that, my macAddress is my original one(that a write down, when i unlock the phone)... Shows that WiFi is on power menu, but no any icon on top.. I have couple of screnshots... Can anybosy say? What is the problem? Can anybody help me?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TeeMaa, 14 March 2013 - 06:43 PM.

TeeMaa

TeeMaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Try to randomize maccaddres, failure again...(
Any ideas?! Any...)

Thanks in advance!

boreas987

boreas987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:san francisco II
love it. done this in CWM, worked the same like it's written for FTM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users