Tutorial - Get your MAC Address if you already unlocked - NOW UP!

Guest tilal6991

Guest PhilAtkinson

No problem; I kept the battery in before, under the advice of other users as they thought that might be the cause of my problem so I don't think it will be that. Why will reverting back to the stock ROM help?

you need to install stock rom and do it again.and keep battery in as usb 2 sometimes not have enough voltage to run .

Guest PhilAtkinson

I did all the work on a new stock phone & then installed BlueGinger so I'm not sure what good redoing the process will do? I'm happy to do any rework but need to understand why it is being done, that's all. Anyway, how do I copy the file to PC as I don't know how to do that.

Thanks for your help :-)

to get it into ftm mode the stock rom does this. did you manage to copy the file to pc ?

Guest metal.mickey

ive reflashed the stock rom and am back in FTM mode.

ive connected to the pc and started QPST, but it doesnt pick up the fone. no ports listed.

ive tried opening up the Blumonte rom and editing the 4139.txt file to add a mac address.

The new address is listed in my phone when i reflash the rom, but the status of the wifi says its connecting then drops and i get the popup about the macaddress.

please help

Guest wrtease

you just go your mobile and hold your finger on it it will say something like edit and copy then paste it to temp on your mobile.then connect your usb to phone and copy to pc then copy it back after you edit it .pm me if you have problems doing this

Guest wrtease

if your back at the begining then follow tilal guide and keep the battery in as it need power to write.do the guide again.someone else on here help out as im helping another member with kinda same prob. please.

Guest putbinoot

I did all the work on a new stock phone & then installed BlueGinger so I'm not sure what good redoing the process will do? I'm happy to do any rework but need to understand why it is being done, that's all. Anyway, how do I copy the file to PC as I don't know how to do that.

Thanks for your help :-)

As far as i am aware it,s the stock recovery you need to enter FTM mode, once in FTM put battery back in backup your qcn and just leave the program running, did you use xv132 as the editor make sure you click replace all and remember to save, shutdown xv132 and then restore file.

Guest PhilAtkinson

I've just tried again from scratch to follow the intructions exactly again but unfortunately I have still not been able to get my WiFi address changed. Here are my details;

Android Version: 2.3.4

Paseband version: P743TB01

Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-perf+zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build Number: OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05

It is not possible to get the QCN file reloaded nor is it possible to save a new NV_4319.txt file due to restrictions. Everything works as I think it should with the phone in FTM mode but when I restart it I still have the incorrect WiFi Mac address: 11:22:33:44:55:66. I have been told that when the phone reboots after uploading the QCN file that I need to press the Vol down key so that the phone enters the FTM mode again? I'm not sure if this is right or wrong as this is not clearly marked in the instructions and was advice given by a fellow member. Can someone explain how I can get my phone to accept the correct update? Do I ahve to do something else so that I can upload the QCN file or even write a new version of the NV_4319.txt file.

Thanks in advance;

I've just tried again from scratch to follow the intructions exactly again but unfortunately I have still not been able to get my WiFi address changed. Here are my details;

It is not possible to get the QCN file reloaded nor is it possible to save a new NV_4319.txt file due to restrictions. Everything works as I think it should with the phone in FTM mode but when I restart it I still have the incorrect WiFi Mac address: 11:22:33:44:55:66. I have been told that when the phone reboots after uploading the QCN file that I need to press the Vol down key so that the phone enters the FTM mode again? I'm not sure if this is right or wrong as this is not clearly marked in the instructions and was advice given by a fellow member. Can someone explain how I can get my phone to accept the correct update? Do I ahve to do something else so that I can upload the QCN file or even write a new version of the NV_4319.txt file.

Thanks in advance;

Afaik you already backed up, edited and restored the *.qcn file, but it did not work.

Did it give any error when restoring the *.qcn or something?

When the restore reached near the end did your phone keep rebooting or did it go straight in FTM?

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Thanks in advance;

I have read all your posts in this thread. According to your description, to be honest I cannot find anything wrong you have done wtih the QCN backup, edit and restoration. I don't know why it didn't work for you. But you can still modify the NV_4319.txt file to get your wifi working. The reason you were not able to edit the NV_4319.txt is because you didn't have root access of your phone. You can get root access by either flashing a custom rom like CM7, or installing superboot to a stock ROM.

Guest PhilAtkinson

There's no error when restoring the *.qcn. Initially, the phone was being rebooted by the restore but someone on the thread suggested that it should not be doing this. Therefore, when it starts to reboot from FTM mode I use Vol - & put it back into FTM mode, after the final restore of *.qcn; then I have to remove the battery, reinstall it & reboot. I am not sure if this process is right or whether it gives you an indication of whether something is wrong with the process; everything seems to work except this very last step.

Afaik you already backed up, edited and restored the *.qcn file, but it did not work.

Did it give any error when restoring the *.qcn or something?

When the restore reached near the end did your phone keep rebooting or did it go straight in FTM?

Guest PhilAtkinson

I have not been able to get the Superboot working on this phone although have managed it on other phones. Right now I have reloaded the Standard ROM so it would be good to get it working. However, I can run the 'install-superboot-windows, from both a Command line or in Windows Explorer' & the standard process is followed but when it is going through it's steps sometimes it states that the 'adb is not current (from what I recall):.....killing' which is something I have not seen before. It then runs through loading the files (3,656 kb) from memory so everything else appears to be ok. When the process is subsequently followed, it does reboot as expected but I am not able to enter the phone as rooted! This does not seem to be working as it should be, as far as I can tell from my limited knowledge base. Can someone please explain what I actually need to do after the process has run to makes sure that all is ok with my phone as I think this is where I have a problem. I think that this was done on the stock ROM, with no additions, but this could be because I have run the clockword mod recovery? Right now, without redoing it all I couldn't be sure so can do this tonight but maybe someone knows the answer.

I've run the Clockworkmod 'install-recovery-windows' & am able to see a superuser.apk in my list of applications. Whenever I select the Vol- after the first Android green man at startup it defaults to the clockwork 4.0.1.4 modification / recovery; from what you say it is rooted so should allow me to edit the NV-4319.txt. I thought I had installed the clockwork recovery 4.0.1.4. but I'd have to redo this with my new found knowledge just to be sure. I have not been able to do this with the clockworkmod image but maybe there is something else that I need to do. Also, is there a reason why my Superuser does not seem to be showing anything when installed; it shows 'no apps in list' despite the fact that there are apps present & running.

If I have clockwork recovery installed, does this mean that I cannot then subsequently run the superboot?

Thanks for your help.

I have read all your posts in this thread. According to your description, to be honest I cannot find anything wrong you have done wtih the QCN backup, edit and restoration. I don't know why it didn't work for you. But you can still modify the NV_4319.txt file to get your wifi working. The reason you were not able to edit the NV_4319.txt is because you didn't have root access of your phone. You can get root access by either flashing a custom rom like CM7, or installing superboot to a stock ROM.

Guest putbinoot

I have not been able to get the Superboot working on this phone although have managed it on other phones. Right now I have reloaded the Standard ROM so it would be good to get it working. However, I can run the 'install-superboot-windows, from both a Command line or in Windows Explorer' & the standard process is followed but when it is going through it's steps sometimes it states that the 'adb is not current (from what I recall):.....killing' which is something I have not seen before. It then runs through loading the files (3,656 kb) from memory so everything else appears to be ok. When the process is subsequently followed, it does reboot as expected but I am not able to enter the phone as rooted! This does not seem to be working as it should be, as far as I can tell from my limited knowledge base. Can someone please explain what I actually need to do after the process has run to makes sure that all is ok with my phone as I think this is where I have a problem. I think that this was done on the stock ROM, with no additions, but this could be because I have run the clockword mod recovery? Right now, without redoing it all I couldn't be sure so can do this tonight but maybe someone knows the answer.

I've run the Clockworkmod 'install-recovery-windows' & am able to see a superuser.apk in my list of applications. Whenever I select the Vol- after the first Android green man at startup it defaults to the clockwork 4.0.1.4 modification / recovery; from what you say it is rooted so should allow me to edit the NV-4319.txt. I thought I had installed the clockwork recovery 4.0.1.4. but I'd have to redo this with my new found knowledge just to be sure. I have not been able to do this with the clockworkmod image but maybe there is something else that I need to do. Also, is there a reason why my Superuser does not seem to be showing anything when installed; it shows 'no apps in list' despite the fact that there are apps present & running.

If I have clockwork recovery installed, does this mean that I cannot then subsequently run the superboot?

Thanks for your help.

Now you have clockwork installed download a rom like bluemonte and stick it on using clockworkmod, download from here if you dont have the apk and install es file explorer, go into es file explorer settings and tick "Root Explorer" then tick "Mount File System" and for me I had to go into "Home Directory" and change from /sdcard/ to just / . Then navigate to system/etc and open file "open as" - "text" - "es note editor" - edit it and save it. make sure you edit macaddr= and leave #macaddr= alone.

also sent you pm.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest wrtease

is it possible to copy the backup qcn file and paste it from qspt?

and keep it for a rainy day. i was just thinking people would then just have to use qspt to restore the qcn file and leave the hex editer out. as i think they are scared to use it.it might be safer.

Edited by wrtease

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Thanks for your help.

You can verify if you have successfully restore the modified QCN file by backing up another copy of QCN file after the restoration process and then to check it by hex editor. If the data of mac address in the new QCN is still 00 11 22 33 44 55 then you haven't successfully restored the qcn. If you do find your edited mac address in that data part, I couldn't explain why the mac address of your phone remains unchanged.

As to NV-4319.txt, I think you have already gained root access to your phone and you just need to do what putbinoot suggested to edit the NV-4319.txt file. I think you have some misunderstanding about superboot and clockworkmod. The purpose of superboot is to install su and superuser.apk to your phone and that will root your phone. The fact that you found superuser in the app list after installing superboot indicated that your phone have been rooted. Clockworkmod, however, will not root you phone itself. It just provide you with a convenient way to install any custom ROMs (which are normally rooted ROM).