Tutorial - Get your MAC Address if you already unlocked - NOW UP!

Guest tilal6991

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I unlocked my phone before the mac address fix, and I subsequently went through the tutorial on how to fix this. I had previously changed the MAC address back through ES File Explorer, but as I was experimenting with ROMs, I kept having to use 3G to download ES File Explorer in order to fix the wi-fi, so I decided to follow the tutorial. The trouble is, that although my wi-fi now works (mostly) without problems (except for a very weak signal), whenever I connect to it, it comes up with this message 'your phone doesn't write MAC address, please confirm'. I have no idea what this means, or what I have to do to fix it, but when I go into ES File Explorer, the MAC address seems fine.

If you have edited the QCN file and restored it to your phone, you don't need to edit nv_4319.txt any more. I think the message you got is caused by the modified nv_4319.txt.

Guest mikhd002

I found out what the problem was. I accidentally changed B3 to 83 when I was writing down my address. Speaking of this, I think all ZTE Skate MAC addresses start with B4:B3:62 by default. This was true in my case, and in the picture of the comparison of MAC address and Bluetooth Address either in this thread or in the other unlocking thread. If you could check, that could be quite useful in making this process easier.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I found out what the problem was. I accidentally changed B3 to 83 when I was writing down my address. Speaking of this, I think all ZTE Skate MAC addresses start with B4:B3:62 by default. This was true in my case, and in the picture of the comparison of MAC address and Bluetooth Address either in this thread or in the other unlocking thread. If you could check, that could be quite useful in making this process easier.

That is true. B4:B3:62 is the Vendor OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier) of ZTE. You can look it up in http://www.macvendorlookup.com/

Guest mikhd002

i ended up modding the 4139 file with es files exp to the mac address of my blade and all is well now.

thanks for combined wizdoms

much appreesh

MM

I had to resort to doing that as well, the trouble is, that as soon as you install a new ROM, you have to do it again. Very annoying if you're using a nightly.

Guest putbinoot

i ended up modding the 4139 file with es files exp to the mac address of my blade and all is well now.

thanks for combined wizdoms

much appreesh

MM

If you want yo edit your Mac change hex editor to xv123.

Guest rhisop1518

I'm not sure about other folks here, but my WiFi MAC address is *very* similar to my bluetooth MAC address. Only a couple of hex pairs differentiate the two. Maybe we can work out how to calculate the original WiFi MAC address value, based on the bluetooth MAC address...

It would seem the last two hex pairs of the WiFi MAC are incremented by +1 each. See attached photo of my OMC. Can anyone else confirm?

Hi I have a Orange Monte Carlo and went through the unlocking process, however being the total noob I am, somehow did not back up the qcn file and now I have not record of what it was for WiFi and Bluetooth. In the status page of my phone the entries for both Wifi and Bluetooth are "unavailable" so I cannot use either on the phone. I have tried following the various links in the forum but got lost.

Can anyone please help to restore the addresses, if possible in idiot proof language as I am somewhat of a novice at all this.

Any assistance gratefully accepted

Cheers

Rhisop

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Hi I have a Orange Monte Carlo and went through the unlocking process, however being the total noob I am, somehow did not back up the qcn file and now I have not record of what it was for WiFi and Bluetooth. In the status page of my phone the entries for both Wifi and Bluetooth are "unavailable" so I cannot use either on the phone. I have tried following the various links in the forum but got lost.

Can anyone please help to restore the addresses, if possible in idiot proof language as I am somewhat of a novice at all this.

Any assistance gratefully accepted

Cheers

Rhisop

You can just follow the steps in this tutorial to get your mac address back. To make it simpler, you don't need to edit the qcn file mannually by hex editor, just use the automatic tool in http://android.modac...3-updated-1711/. That is to say, you can ignore step 2, 6,7,8 and 9, but to use the automatic patcher instead. Don't worry about that you didn't record your mac address - using a random one is just fine. If you got other problems in the process, read the tips through this thread. If you still cannot find the answer just give a shout.

Guest rhisop1518

You can just follow the steps in this tutorial to get your mac address back. To make it simpler, you don't need to edit the qcn file mannually by hex editor, just use the automatic tool in http://android.modac...3-updated-1711/. That is to say, you can ignore step 2, 6,7,8 and 9, but to use the automatic patcher instead. Don't worry about that you didn't record your mac address - using a random one is just fine. If you got other problems in the process, read the tips through this thread. If you still cannot find the answer just give a shout.

Hi

thanks for the response, I did the manual edit in ES File Explorer, although I could see the new MAC address in the NV file, rebooted the device, the Wifi and Bluetooth MAC address in the status page was still indicating unavailable. I then followed the tutorial and changed the backup qcn file using the hex editor using an address from the macchanger and restored that back to the phone. Again rebooted and although there was a mac address for WiFi and bluetooth in the status page, I am still having no luck with either of them, I still cannot link to my router or use bluetooth to pair to another phone.

I am not at a loss what to do next, (I am running Bluemonte rom which I loaded after the unlocking procedure. Everything to seems to run on the phone apart from WiFi and Bluetooth.

Once again any assistance will be gratefully received. It is very refreshing to find a forum like this where there is so much help

Cheers

Rhisop

Guest woah man

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

I put my phone on FTM mode while its connected to the computer, battery out of course. then i got to QPST SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD, I go to the backup tab its says no ports active even though its connected via USB, plus my computer says sucessfully installed COM5 still nothing.

please help immediately

Guest tilal6991
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!   

I put my phone on FTM mode while its connected to the computer, battery out of course. then i got to QPST SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD, I go to the backup tab its says no ports active even though its connected via USB, plus my computer says sucessfully installed COM5 still nothing.

please help immediately

Go to qpst configuration in start menu and add a new port for your phone before refollowing the tut.

Guest woah man

NOW i have a new problem i done all the stages. turned it on still same problem. don another backup, checked with hex editior there was no 11 22 33 44 55 6 string. but it has the mac address i put in with the app. so i edited again restored, after completion the green man comes coming over and over again.

in the connecting section the wifi says connecting then scanning over and over

Edited by woah man

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Hi

thanks for the response, I did the manual edit in ES File Explorer, although I could see the new MAC address in the NV file, rebooted the device, the Wifi and Bluetooth MAC address in the status page was still indicating unavailable. I then followed the tutorial and changed the backup qcn file using the hex editor using an address from the macchanger and restored that back to the phone. Again rebooted and although there was a mac address for WiFi and bluetooth in the status page, I am still having no luck with either of them, I still cannot link to my router or use bluetooth to pair to another phone.

I am not at a loss what to do next, (I am running Bluemonte rom which I loaded after the unlocking procedure. Everything to seems to run on the phone apart from WiFi and Bluetooth.

Once again any assistance will be gratefully received. It is very refreshing to find a forum like this where there is so much help

Cheers

Rhisop

Theoretically if you have a valid mac address for wifi, then your wifi should be working. I don't know why your wifi sitll doesn't work.Itted has a similiar problem to yours, but he said it suddenly started to workblink.gif Maybe you can try to connect to other networks. As far as I know, you are first one to report bluetooth issues. It shoudn't be affected by the unlock process. Have you turned on bluetooth and discoverable under bluetooth settings before you try to pair to another phone?

Guest rhisop1518

Theoretically if you have a valid mac address for wifi, then your wifi should be working. I don't know why your wifi sitll doesn't work.Itted has a similiar problem to yours, but he said it suddenly started to workblink.gif Maybe you can try to connect to other networks. As far as I know, you are first one to report bluetooth issues. It shoudn't be affected by the unlock process. Have you turned on bluetooth and discoverable under bluetooth settings before you try to pair to another phone?

Thanks for your feedback, I will try to connect away from my home router tomorrow just to check. With regard to bluetooth, I got it to pair to another phone but it would not pair or transfer anything. The transfer would time out and then a message would pop up in the omc indicating that te other phone wanted to share files, this would keep on going until I cancelled it.

WIth the WiFi and bluetooth issues I am a bit cheesed off, very happy with the phone but for me these two are essential!

Is it likely to be the way I went about the unlocking and loading the ROM?

Cheers

Rhisop

Guest rhisop1518

Thanks for your feedback, I will try to connect away from my home router tomorrow just to check. With regard to bluetooth, I got it to pair to another phone but it would not pair or transfer anything. The transfer would time out and then a message would pop up in the omc indicating that te other phone wanted to share files, this would keep on going until I cancelled it.

WIth the WiFi and bluetooth issues I am a bit cheesed off, very happy with the phone but for me these two are essential!

Is it likely to be the way I went about the unlocking and loading the ROM?

Cheers

Rhisop

Update to my ongoing saga, I replicated what someone else has done on here and used another mobile to connect to my router and used that MAC Address and hey presto I have WiFi access again. Don't have a clue as to why it didn't work prior to this but just glad it does now!!

So my only remaining problem is my bluetooth which will not work at all? Can someone point out to me where the MAC address for this is held on the OMC? Is there any way to try to edit or change this in anyway?

Once again many thanks for any assistance

Cheers

Rhisop

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Update to my ongoing saga, I replicated what someone else has done on here and used another mobile to connect to my router and used that MAC Address and hey presto I have WiFi access again. Don't have a clue as to why it didn't work prior to this but just glad it does now!!

So my only remaining problem is my bluetooth which will not work at all? Can someone point out to me where the MAC address for this is held on the OMC? Is there any way to try to edit or change this in anyway?

Once again many thanks for any assistance

Cheers

Rhisop

Congratulations on WIFI! Since you can connect to your router by using other mobile's MAC, one possible reason is that there is some kind of MAC filtering setting turned on in your router so only devices with certain MAC addresses can be connected.

You can hex-edit the qcn file to change the BT MAC address, however if you haven't lost your BT MAC, I don't think it is worth editing.

Guest rhisop1518

Congratulations on WIFI! Since you can connect to your router by using other mobile's MAC, one possible reason is that there is some kind of MAC filtering setting turned on in your router so only devices with certain MAC addresses can be connected.

You can hex-edit the qcn file to change the BT MAC address, however if you haven't lost your BT MAC, I don't think it is worth editing.

Thanks, actually originally I did lose the BT Mac address, do you know the file location on the skate?

Cheers

Rhisop

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Thanks, actually originally I did lose the BT Mac address, do you know the file location on the skate?

Cheers

Rhisop

Hi Rhisop,

The BT MAC address stores in the QCN file just like the WLAN MAC address. The offset for BT MAC is from 0x3238 to 0x323d. Note it is in reversed order, so if your BT MAC is b4 b3 62 11 22 33, it diplays in hex editor as 33 22 11 62 b3 b4. BE CAREFUL if you do want to edit .qcn file.

Guest rhisop1518

Hi Rhisop,

The BT MAC address stores in the QCN file just like the WLAN MAC address. The offset for BT MAC is from 0x3238 to 0x323d. Note it is in reversed order, so if your BT MAC is b4 b3 62 11 22 33, it diplays in hex editor as 33 22 11 62 b3 b4. BE CAREFUL if you do want to edit .qcn file.

That's great, many thanks

Cheers

Rhisop

Guest arnoldziq

[...]The BT MAC address stores in the QCN file just like the WLAN MAC address. The offset for BT MAC is from 0x3238 to 0x323d. [...]

Are you sure about this location ?

This is my BT mac address :

post-939973-0-79553800-1321981242_thumb.

But content of qcn file looks like that :

post-939973-0-53017800-1321981421_thumb.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Are you sure about this location ?

This is my BT mac address :

post-939973-0-79553800-1321981242_thumb.

But content of qcn file looks like that :

post-939973-0-53017800-1321981421_thumb.

The offsets in different hex editors may be different.

From 0x3238 to 0x323d is the location of BT address in my case.

You can search 58 db 0a 08 46 38 to find yours.