- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

whashnez

whashnez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Will Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich be available for ZTE Skate?

jojozep

jojozep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:OMC
  • Devices:OMC
Hi Atomix86

Sorry for being such a pain but desperately trying to fathom out what to do with a Orange Monte Carlo. Had a San Francisco 1 and managed to unlock and load Swidish Spring. Things seem to be different with OMC in that there seems to be 2 phases - (a) Unlock and (B) Load Stock ROM.

What I would want to end up with is an unlocked OMC with a stable stock 2.3.5. Is there a method/tutorial that goes through both steps ?

I understand that you can revert back to the original Orange Monte Carlo flavour as I've seen files such as OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18 around.

Going back to unlocking - I've seen a tutorial such as http://www.todoleo.c...-carlo-zte.html

Is there a instructions/tutorial to load say GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip

Again, I just trying to find my way around.

Thanks

hudubaiev

hudubaiev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
hi, i just got a zte skate no branding android 2.3.5 and would like to dump the stock rom for backup and also provide it to you guys, could you please tell me what tool to use ?

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Devices:See sig

Hi Atomix86

Sorry for being such a pain but desperately trying to fathom out what to do with a Orange Monte Carlo. Had a San Francisco 1 and managed to unlock and load Swidish Spring. Things seem to be different with OMC in that there seems to be 2 phases - (a) Unlock and ( Load Stock ROM.

What I would want to end up with is an unlocked OMC with a stable stock 2.3.5. Is there a method/tutorial that goes through both steps ?

I understand that you can revert back to the original Orange Monte Carlo flavour as I've seen files such as OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18 around.

Going back to unlocking - I've seen a tutorial such as http://www.todoleo.c...-carlo-zte.html

Is there a instructions/tutorial to load say GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip

Again, I just trying to find my way around.

Thanks

What you need to do is first read the unlocking tutorial posted by tilal6991 in this very forum. After you read through and understand the process, install what is necessary and follow it step by step; you'll have the phone unlocked in no time.

After doing this you will need to boot the phone into ftm mode (which is described in this topic), and using the uploaddd offline zte flasher, install the 2.3.5 stock rom. That rom however will not be rooted until you run johnny hungs superboot for 2.3.5 found in the superboot thread. Alternatively (and what I personally recommend), you could flashable custom rom such as atomic, which is not only perfectly stable (based on the official 2.3.5 zte rom), it is also pre rooted and has several performance enhancements.

I know it's a lot to take in and is very daunting, but the key is to read up as much as you can and not rush into it, let me know if at any point you need help with a particular section.

Nasty budget phones, begone! Hello sexy brand new Galaxy S2!

xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Although I have mentioned in this thread I think it is worth to repeat again - To run the FTM flash tool will cause loss of your NVitems. So if you want flash stock ROMs by the FTM flasher, you will have to back up a qcn file by QPST beforehand and then restore it after using FTM flasher.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:None :(
ro.build.version.release=2.3.5
ro.build.date=Thu Sep 29 02:45:12 HKT 2011
ro.product.model=MEDION LIFEP4310
ro.build.software_version=GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02
ro.build.sw_internal_version=GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02
ro.product.locale.language=nl
ro.product.locale.region=BE

LINK: http://minus.com/mbkfnernpJ#1

What are NVitems?

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 26 December 2011 - 10:19 PM.

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

KapTmaH

KapTmaH

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Obsydian

Obsydian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

UK update - http://wwwen.zte.com...data/mobile/UK/

Which one is the correct download, mention ZTE Skate and Orange Twice ???
All are only 14MB downloads

Obsydian

Obsydian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Which one is the correct download, mention ZTE Skate and Orange Twice ???
All are only 14MB downloads

Ok figured its the ZTE online update tool, but whats the difference between the ZTE Skate BRIGHT and Orange ZTE Skate (assuming thats branded and the other is not) ?

KapTmaH

KapTmaH

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
30-12-2011 new rom update ZTE SKATE (Spain)
http://wwwen.zte.com...a/mobile/Spain/

plz update (c:\Program Files\Terminal software online upgrade system\Terminal software online upgrade system\Firmware (*.zip))

Edited by KapTmaH, 30 December 2011 - 04:50 PM.

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Devices:See sig

30-12-2011 new rom update ZTE SKATE (Spain)
http://wwwen.zte.com...a/mobile/Spain/

plz update (c:\Program Files\Terminal software online upgrade system\Terminal software online upgrade system\Firmware (*.zip))

What iteration of Gingerbread is that?

Nasty budget phones, begone! Hello sexy brand new Galaxy S2!

ihateorange

ihateorange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
Hi,
Hopefully someone can help :). I'm trying to find the stock ROM for my OMC Android 2.3.4 (I bought from Argos a few days ago). The build number (taken from settings > about Phone) is OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05. Does this build ID refer to the ro.build.software_version or the ro.build.sw_internal_version, in other words is the file quoted below the correct ROM for my OMC or is it not available?

Thanks

OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18
http://www.multiupload.com/1ULAPBZDCS

ro.build.version.release=2.3.4
ro.build.date=Wed Aug 31 17:09:24 CST 2011
ro.product.model=Orange Monte Carlo
ro.build.software_version=OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05
ro.build.sw_internal_version=OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=GB

Edited by ihateorange, 01 January 2012 - 04:05 AM.

hotshot147

hotshot147

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi,
Hopefully someone can help :). I'm trying to find the stock ROM for my OMC Android 2.3.4 (I bought from Argos a few days ago). The build number (taken from settings > about Phone) is OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05. Does this build ID refer to the ro.build.software_version or the ro.build.sw_internal_version, in other words is the file quoted below the correct ROM for my OMC or is it not available?

Thanks

I have the same build as you, also just bought from argos and would like to know if a copy of the rom is available yet.

ihateorange

ihateorange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I have the same build as you, also just bought from argos and would like to know if a copy of the rom is available yet.

Lets hope one of the nice people on the forum can help us Posted Image

hofmeister

hofmeister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:imate sp3

Lets hope one of the nice people on the forum can help us Posted Image

Here you go - i downloaded and loaded this earlier, via CWM and it works fine.

http://android.modac...lo/page__st__20

jojozep

jojozep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

What you need to do is first read the unlocking tutorial posted by tilal6991 in this very forum. After you read through and understand the process, install what is necessary and follow it step by step; you'll have the phone unlocked in no time.

After doing this you will need to boot the phone into ftm mode (which is described in this topic), and using the uploaddd offline zte flasher, install the 2.3.5 stock rom. That rom however will not be rooted until you run johnny hungs superboot for 2.3.5 found in the superboot thread. Alternatively (and what I personally recommend), you could flashable custom rom such as atomic, which is not only perfectly stable (based on the official 2.3.5 zte rom), it is also pre rooted and has several performance enhancements.

I know it's a lot to take in and is very daunting, but the key is to read up as much as you can and not rush into it, let me know if at any point you need help with a particular section.

Going back to my Post #44:

I've managed to Unlock the Orange MC. What I want to do now is install the ZTE SKATE STOCK ROM (at least for now). I've seen the ZTE SKATE STOCK ROM available as a ZIP file.

1. Can I install the ZTE SKATE STOCK ROM over the Orange MC ROM using the FTM and the ZTE Offline Flasher ? or will the ZTE Flasher only accept updating/replacing the same 'type' of ROM eg. will only update OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 or higher version of same (ie. OUK) ?

2. If the ZTE STOCK ROM can replace the Orange MC ROM do I need to root or can I use as ?

Thanks in advance.

jojozep

jojozep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Re my previous post - the ZTE SKATE STOCK ROM I was referring to is GENERIC_P743V1.0.0B19 post #33 by KapTmaH (17nov11) which is in ZIP file format.

SimonDeBacker

SimonDeBacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:MEDION Life P4310
hello everyone,
I have a P4310 MEDION LIFE
ro.build.version.release=2.3.5
ro.build.date=???
ro.product.model=MEDION LIFE P4310

ro.build.software_version=>>
ro.build.sw_internal_version=>>
(Smalbandverrsie)= GB_BEL_MEDION_P743B01
(Build-nummer)=  GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B04 

ro.product.locale.language=???
ro.product.locale.region=???
can I get stock ROM of "P4310 MEDION LIFE" or download it from the GSM

note:
"download it from the GSM"
it is possible to use "ADB" on a stock ROM
or
do i need  to  have the phone unlocked and install clockworkmodmod?
it is to have a backup.

Thanks in advance.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:None :(
We allready have a full dump of a MEDION P4310 so it is safe to just install clockworkmod and change your ROM.

If you flash clockworkmod recovery and make a backup, you can allways restore to that backup and flash the recovery partition from the stock package trough ADB.

The MEDION P4310 dump is in the MEDION P4310 topic :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 14 January 2012 - 05:15 PM.

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

jojozep

jojozep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

It there a dest-10.ini in OPT_P743TV1.0.0B09.zip? If so dId you put it inside the files folder of the FTM Flash Tools?

As we expected to reflash by FTM flasher will cause the loss of MAC again, so you need to restore the modified QCN gain, mate.

I would like to load the Stock ROM GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip onto my Orange MC. Can this be done using ClockWork OR FTM ?

You mention 'you need to restore the modified QCN again' - Are there any instructions on eg. loading a stock GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip onto Orange MC ? - I am totally confused.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users