Did you hex-edit your WiFi MAC back to your OMC, using my method?

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Did you hex-edit your WiFi MAC back to your OMC, using my hex-editor method?

Is everything working okay?

This is how I did it (AFTER having unlocked the OMC, by the way):

1/ Flashed the stock OUK TPT back.

2/ Started in FTM mode, read the NVITEMS out and saved them.

3/ Hex-edited the file saved in step 2, and replaced "11 22 33 44 55 66" with my MAC, and saved the file.

4/ Wrote the modified NVITEMS backup, back to my OMC.

5/ Flashed ClockworkMod 4.0.1.5 to recovery partition

6/ Restored my OMC from ClockworkMod backup

Edited by glossywhite

Guest zomgbugs

Did you hex-edit your WiFi MAC back to your OMC, using my hex-editor method?

Is everything working okay?

This is how I did it (AFTER having unlocked the OMC, by the way):

1/ Flashed the stock OUK TPT back.

2/ Started in FTM mode, read the NVITEMS out and saved them.

3/ Hex-edited the file saved in step 2, and replaced "11 22 33 44 55 66" with my MAC, and saved the file.

4/ Wrote the modified NVITEMS backup, back to my OMC.

5/ Flashed ClockworkMod 4.0.1.5 to recovery partition

6/ Restored my OMC from ClockworkMod backup

I did this, but only restored the FTM recovery partition on my bluemonte setup when I saved the nvitems.(Didn't flash to stock rom)

Edited by zomgbugs

i sure did... thanks wink.gif

one thing i noticed woz that it never worked until i put the battery back in after going in FTM

don't know if this is in any of the guides as i kind of already new wot i woz doing after you explained in your first post smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest Chris_67

I edited the /system/etc/nv_43xx.txt (got the original MAC back from the log-file of my DHCP-server :)) with ES-FileExplorer and everything is working fine (I get no popup when I activate WLAN) with CM7 V2.5 on my SFR Staraddict.

Edited by Chris_67

Guest Pepecosimo

I edited the /system/etc/nv_43xx.txt (got the original MAC back from the log-file of my DHCP-server :)) with ES-FileExplorer and everything is working fine (I get no popup when I activate WLAN) with CM7 V2.5 on my SFR Staraddict.

I confirm with Cyanogen 7 no need to change any mac addrees, Cyano give a new mac address, i have try the 3.0 version.:rolleyes:

Editing those files is not the solution because each time you flash a new rom you'll need write that again.

I unlocked without backup and went through this method, all set & clear! :)

EDIT

Just as a side note, there is no need to flash back a TPT of Stock, flash recovery.img contained on the "files" folder of the unlock procedure is enough to get FTM.

Edited by D3abL3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest superpomme

Hi - i have been banging my head against a wall for 2 days trying to get this working. qpst completely refuses to see my phone at all. I have tried loading the ftm screen with no battery in, with the battery in, with the out, then in when the ftm screen loads. Ive tried with with and without the drivers from the "Step 1 - Driver" folder from the hack.

Im on win 7 (and have tried a separate install of win 7 to no luck). The unlock worked fine, but I'm stuck without working wifi. The phone is the orange monte carlo. I don't have clockwork installed yet - but reading peoples messages it doesn't look like it needs to be. When I put the phone in ftm mode windows makes the device recognised sound, not the fail sound, but qpst just sits there. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to sort this? im at the stream of abuse stage just short of seeing if i can put the phone through a wall from the other end of the room

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Frankish

This is probably ridiculous suggestion but I'm sure I had this issue and I enabled usb debugging in menu, applications, development. Although I could be getting that confused with something else???

Guest superpomme

This is probably ridiculous suggestion but I'm sure I had this issue and I enabled usb debugging in menu, applications, development. Although I could be getting that confused with something else???

Would that just affect it while its in android though, or would it do it in the ftm thing too?

Thx

Guest superpomme

can you remove all drivers then restart the process of the guide .or you can try another usb port with the battery in.

oki - well i have an xp installation on here too - ill:

-reboot in xp

-reinstall drivers

-reinstall qpst

-enable debugging

-do it with the battery in

can I check that I have the right driver tho - its one from the unlock package from the folder entitles "step 1" -> "Handset_USB_Driver.exe"

If thats the one everyone else is using then ill reboot now

cheers

Guest superpomme

i have win7 32 bit so i cant say ,someone with xp might be better explaining the process for xp.

oh - well i can do it in 7 - im in 7 64 bit atm, and I tried a new install of 7 but it did the same

Guest superpomme

Ok - i put it in xp and it recognised a zte device being connected, installed the drivers...and then continued to fail to recognise it. I swapped the usb port and I swapped the cable but still no luck. I just cant see why it wouldnt work. Ive swapped out absolutely everything but the pc so far.

My laptops are borked atm, but im going to install xp and 7 on both of them and give it a try. Thanks for all your help so far. Can I check which drivers you used to get it to see it?

Thanks

Guest kevwales

Ok - i put it in xp and it recognised a zte device being connected, installed the drivers...and then continued to fail to recognise it. I swapped the usb port and I swapped the cable but still no luck. I just cant see why it wouldnt work. Ive swapped out absolutely everything but the pc so far.

My laptops are borked atm, but im going to install xp and 7 on both of them and give it a try. Thanks for all your help so far. Can I check which drivers you used to get it to see it?

Thanks

Hi

Just a thought, Did you add your driver to QPST Configuration?

Guest superpomme

I tried it on the laptop (win 7 32bit), but frustratingly it still refused to see the phone. Is anyone able to provide the links to the drivers they used (or did you let windows update do it?) and a hint as to where you got qpst from (im wondering if I have a duff copy).

apologies for spamming this board about this, its just driving me spare.

Thanks