IS THIS A FAIR REVIEW?

Guest swukjay

Guest swukjay

http://www.telegraph...one-review.html

The cheap hardware brings a few problems. The sound production is so awful it’s unlistenable, even with very low levels of background noise, good headphones and a forgiving attitude to distortion. The colours on the big screen tend to be muddy and lack brightness. The camera is blurry and suffers from a second or two of shutter lag. Standby time is good (ZTE claim 200 hours if you don't use it at all) and the battery often lasts for a day of moderate use, but keeping a spare charging cable in your desk or car would be a good idea.

Make no mistake, this is not a great phone. It reacts slowly, it feels insubstantial and poorly put together and occasionally becomes uncomfortably hot when running heavy tasks such as full-screen video.

Well for anyone thinking of buying the omc this is cause for concern ! your thoughts please :unsure:

Edited by swukjay

Guest swukjay

i would delete the post its total crap .the omc is head and shoulders better than that crappy review.

well thats cool coz i want one but he is really slagging it off, I thought it might be crap coz the blade has got one of the best speakers ive ever used on a phone, its got great bass dont rattle and is a bloody good phone! im really impressed with zte handsets and for the cash are better value than htc imho !

Guest tilal6991

well thats cool coz i want one but he is really slagging it off, I thought it might be crap coz the blade has got one of the best speakers ive ever used on a phone, its got great bass dont rattle and is a bloody good phone! im really impressed with zte handsets and for the cash are better value than htc imho !

If you think the blade sound is good you should see the skate's sound.

thing wot made me laugh woz >The sound production is so awful it’s unlistenable,

lol think this guy need's a hearing aid... laugh.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest swukjay

thing wot made me laugh woz >The sound production is so awful it’s unlistenable,

lol think this guy need's a hearing aid... :lol:

maybe he is used to using the telgraph to communicate and isnt up to using modern technolgy lol, well i think i might sell my blade and take the plunge and get o omc. Hopefully now the unlock solution is available thanks to xiaoyaoswim a lot more modding and roms will be flying out the door. I suppose orange are secretly happy too lol maybe if they take giffgaff and 3s lead and start offering unlimited data they might actually keep some customers as well :lol:

Guest tilal6991

"see the skate's sound" :D

Take the sound of the Blade, add to it some crystal clear sounds then you get an idea of the sound of the skate.

Yeah lol.

I can see the sounds produced by my Skate. Doesn't your skate do that?

Guest swukjay

This review is far more professional

ha ha you are so right mate..quote "We always find Orange's skin rather uninspiring. The black and orange wallpaper is gloomy. Yes, you can change it, but out of the box it's a bit of a downer." :lol:

A much more honest review .

Guest swukjay

quote "Among the many extras Orange includes is its Gestures app. This enables you to open apps using – you've guessed it – onscreen gestures.There are oodles of gestures to choose from, so you can go to town assigning screen sweeps to apps, bookmarks, contacts, music playlists and more, then trying to remember which action you assigned to which gesture.

It's irritating that you have to be on one of the home screens for a gesture to be recognised, though."

I can think of at least one gesture id love to give to orange lmao :lol:

Guest stiefanu

'Orange offers the Skate on pay-as-you-go, rebadged as the Monte Carlo, for £119. Alternatively, a new ZTE model can be bought for around £200 without a contract from a mobile network. Three offers a sim-only deal for £10 a month that includes plenty of texts and talk minutes and a gigabyte of data each month, the same as even the most generous smartphone contract. That means that this phone will cost £440 to run for two years. An iPhone on a typical contract from Vodafone, including the initial cost of the handset, will cost £1013.Look at the iPhone. It’s shiny and sleek, and probably the best smartphone on the market. Now imagine the expression on your partner’s face when you tell them where you’re going for your anniversary this year because you chose the ZTE. Which will you choose?'

OMG! This man was out of his mind when he wrote the rewiev!

Guest swukjay

i think he is talking COD....

I see your profile says you like beer! Idid some research and found out that tesco cheap beer £ 6.99 for 12 cans is really grolsh http://www.hotukdeal...-grolsch-207153

and its brewed by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SABMiller so i decided to try some and its great! :D :D bloody bargain... hic....hic...burp!

Edited by swukjay

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Atomix86
'Orange offers the Skate on pay-as-you-go, rebadged as the Monte Carlo, for £119. Alternatively, a new ZTE model can be bought for around £200 without a contract from a mobile network. Three offers a sim-only deal for £10 a month that includes plenty of texts and talk minutes and a gigabyte of data each month, the same as even the most generous smartphone contract. That means that this phone will cost £440 to run for two years. An iPhone on a typical contract from Vodafone, including the initial cost of the handset, will cost £1013.Look at the iPhone. It’s shiny and sleek, and probably the best smartphone on the market. Now imagine the expression on your partner’s face when you tell them where you’re going for your anniversary this year because you chose the ZTE. Which will you choose?'

OMG! This man was out of his mind when he wrote the rewiev!

I think he's saying the ZTE is better value for money.

Guest dibbles

Not having read any of his other reviews before, and reading this one in full, it is not that bad as a whole when you realise his overall rating of the phone is four out of five stars.

If you read what is posted in the OP's post then it, imo, is taken out of context of the review as a whole.

In reference to the point "The colours on the big screen tend to be muddy and lack brightness" - well looking at the screen next to one of my wife's other phones (A Samsung with a AMOLED screen) then that would be a fair comment. Looking at it compared with my eldest daughters old iPhone then it would also be a fair point to make.

Noting "The camera is blurry and suffers from a second or two of shutter lag." Again compared to my wife's other phone then that point too would be reasonable.

But the OP's post stops just short of the next sentence in the review...

The advantages do make themselves apparent, though, when you look at your bank balance....

...for me the above makes up for any of the short comings previously noted, as they must be viewed in the context of the phone as a whole and the differences in cost to make a real noticeable difference. I suppose that is why the phone ended up at a four star rating, which must be good.?!

I could list several points that I would have liked to have seen with the Skate but I guess if it had got them then I would not have been able to have been able to buy it due to the cost. The only thing that I could think of of changing without maybe causing it so have cost more would have been to have had a case like the black SF and not one with a "plasticky" feel like the white SF. But a s-curve case sorted that problem for me.

Guest Darkdominus

So wrong this review.

Probably from some HTC fanatic.

I've an OMC and a Sumsung Galaxy 2, the only diference is when playing games. In a day basis, the OMC is equal to Galaxy at half price.

And the sound... use CM7 with DSPManager and you can listen to music for hours.

I think that this review is bull...

http://www.telegraph...one-review.html

The cheap hardware brings a few problems. The sound production is so awful it’s unlistenable, even with very low levels of background noise, good headphones and a forgiving attitude to distortion. The colours on the big screen tend to be muddy and lack brightness. The camera is blurry and suffers from a second or two of shutter lag. Standby time is good (ZTE claim 200 hours if you don't use it at all) and the battery often lasts for a day of moderate use, but keeping a spare charging cable in your desk or car would be a good idea.

Make no mistake, this is not a great phone. It reacts slowly, it feels insubstantial and poorly put together and occasionally becomes uncomfortably hot when running heavy tasks such as full-screen video.

Well for anyone thinking of buying the omc this is cause for concern ! your thoughts please :unsure: