ICS source released

Guest Diskbox

Just think about the possibilities:

- LG released the GB V20L source code

- Google released the ICS source code

We'll all be hard at work... race you Paul ;) !!!

Great news for all the rom builders. Looks like Paul and the guys over at xda will have something else to play with. ICS is here :)

http://releasespy.ne...h-release-date/

Happy Days !

Diskbox

ps lets try not to ask Paul for a Modaco version until this thread gets to maybe three pages ;)

Just think about the possibilities:

- LG released the GB V20L source code

- Google released the ICS source code

We'll all be hard at work... race you Paul ;) !!!

So, when can ICS for O2X be done then?

Yesterday? Day before yesterday?

Or do you think it won't be any sooner than 3 months ago?

;-)

I am curious to see whether or not LG will really release ICS for us.

And I hope, with all the new phones and tablets that are already running Honeycomb and using the same processor as our O2X, that maybe ICS will already support the full O2X hardware. Because that's mainly the problem with (for example) CM: they don't have all the required drivers/sources to access all O2X hardware properly so it's taking a lot of time to reverse engineer that or find other solutions. So I really hope everything 'we' need is included in the ICS sources.

Yes, in couple of months (see the twitter of cyanogen group). Along with ~60 devices.

Yes, well, my only hope is that everything (FM-radio, Bluetooth, Camera etc) will 'just work'. Because that's what's keeping me from CM, there are too many things that don't work because GB just doesn't have all the required drivers. I hope ICS does by default, meaning you're not dependent on LG to release these drivers/sources, which they won't or can't do (because of legal issues for example).

Well, this topic is:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1173229

It's being updated regularly, last update with the 11-11 nightly.

I've been using cyanogenmod for the last month, I use BT every day for music and movies. I've taken at least 50 pictures with the camera and never had a crash, I tried the FM radio the same day the nightly with the fix was released, and it worked. I didn't use the FM radio all to much since it's not my cup of tea, but it works..

I've been using cyanogenmod for the last month, I use BT every day for music and movies. I've taken at least 50 pictures with the camera and never had a crash, I tried the FM radio the same day the nightly with the fix was released, and it worked. I didn't use the FM radio all to much since it's not my cup of tea, but it works..

okay, thanks for the info. I will certainly give it a try then.

Guest dbbloke

Are you kidding me?

Bluetooth with A2DP and FM radio works fine with CM7. Nothing wrong with camera too. So wassup?

I think both of you are correct. 'just work' but then went on to say - there are too many things that don't work because of no drivers...(which could mean now in time or referring back to earlier on when still there was a lack of drivers and how many releases to find them).

I interpret this was as I had the exact same experience with CM. Basically, I started about nightly 50 or so and it took like until 120 + before things even started to play nicely. With Modaco, it just works . Yeah, CM might work 'mostly' NOW but if they get ICS then it's going to again be another 120-150 nightly builds before you even get to use bluetooth! So I really think the 'just work' is a pretty valid point. This is the reason I gave up with CM. It never bloody worked, it was always crashing and half the features were missing or so buggy as to prove totally frustrating. I hope that with ICS, it will be a rom and more or less work from day one as the drivers are available, not have to wait 4-5 months to get bluetooth / camera / radio. At least I am now primed in advance about what's important rather than wasting days of my life flashing buggy or roms with missing features, hopefully it wont be the case as I say. So get off out backs and get the point about the major problems with CM taking ages to actually have working features. Hey it is free, so cheers anyhow CM.

Sorry in advance for making everyone excited with another post on the ICS topic :)

Guest Basil 123

I used CM extensively, but the voice quality was always poor even after switching through multiple BB/RILs. The MCR has great voice quality, and at the end of the day, the O2x is primarily a phone. This probably has changed recently.

Anyone compare the voice quality recently between CM7 and MCR Gr5??

Guest Basil 123

There was a call quality related fix a little while ago, the mic volumes were tweaked to match the stock config.

Thanks Russ, appreciate the info.

Cheers

Baz

• 1 month later...

lol, 12 issues and it's done?

it's downloadable for test?

The progress was updated yesterday, its looking very nice :)

No beta yet, but I think it will be available when they get sound working (at least thats what I read on XDA)