LG Optimus 2X V20L (Gingerbread) kernel source code released

Guest PaulOBrien

LG have just released the kernel source code for the V20L (Gingerbread) release for the Optimus 2X!

The kernel source (which has arrived unexpectedly quickly after the recent ROM release!) is the final piece in the puzzle that allows developers to create fully featured custom Gingerbread ROMs for the device.

Stay tuned to our Optimus 2X forum area to see what enhancements this release brings and head on over to the LG OpenSource site to grab the file.

6c7e6cdc5583b54452bf518709d95e4d.png

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

This is an unexpected twist of events.

Maybe LG finally learned something and changed some things about it's software support?

The Original Samsung Galaxy S was stuck at Eclair for a long time and faced horrible lags... then eventually Froyo came and GB was released timely.

I guess they hired some decent people to their Android development team. Now they have really neat Android distributions with hardware acceleration running on their phones.

Maybe LG hired some developers too. Maybe they will try to catch up.

One can still hope.

Guest cosmicvibes

You beat me to the punch posting this- I politely (though I'm sure I'm not the only one who did) requested the source the other week via the contact form on that site - and today they emailed this morning syaing they had uploaded the source I'd requested.

!

How shocked am I.

I'm guessing it was a co-incidence, but for once - well done LG!

Hope Paul sees this post? EDIT : Apparently I lost the ability to to read/think. It's been a long night ok? ;-)

Charlie

Edited by cosmicvibes

Wait... did I really just say that, when Paul was the one who posted this? Oh man, my brain is fried after last night! Please ignore me!

It is not uncommon to not read what you wrote yourself, so there is a big chance Paul hasn't actually read it. So you can still hope he has :)

Guest Simon Pratte

That has been made in 20L that has solved a problem with reboot \BSOD. My phone reboot \BSOD on all any Rom, except 20L. I want to use СМ7 (((

Have you tried reinstalling the stock rom using .kdz file?

By stock rom, i mean the one ur phone came with when you bought it.

Guest THief777

Have you tried reinstalling the stock rom using .kdz file?

By stock rom, i mean the one ur phone came with when you bought it.

I flash 10b-10c-CM7-baseband 622/725 and got reset when charging. 20L has solved this problem, but I do not want to use only the stock firmware. I would like to understand what the problem was.

20L flash KDZ pack.

Edited by THief777