[Q] How to root ZTE Tureis Gingerbread

Guest mir2006

Guest mir2006

Hi, is there any way to get root acces on this device? I've bought it few days ago and it has Gingerbread 2.3.5.

I've tried Z4Root and SuperOneClick but with no good results...

Guest Sebastian404

There is not a released exploit for 2.3.5 as of yet, and the bootloader on the tureis seems not to have USB support

I am looking into tho, someone on twitter has given me an idea to test out.. I'll try and give it ago tonight

Guest mir2006

There is not a released exploit for 2.3.5 as of yet, and the bootloader on the tureis seems not to have USB support

I am looking into tho, someone on twitter has given me an idea to test out.. I'll try and give it ago tonight

Ok, thanks. Also I've tried Gingerbreak, Visionary+ but with the same results. I will wait your answer...

Guest beben2280

Ok, thanks. Also I've tried Gingerbreak, Visionary+ but with the same results. I will wait your answer...

Hello

do you have an answer ?

If yes pleeeeeeeeeease

thanks

Guest Sebastian404

I am/was. There's not a lot more I can do, bootloader and recovery both have thier USB support disabled, and the tpt image for the SFR device don't work on my Device...

All we can do is wait for a 2.3.5 compatible exploit

Guest unrandomsam

If FTM mode is working (Which I would expect to disable usb in recovery)

Then one person needs to dump partition.mbn using QPST

Someone else needs to downgrade the lot to 2.2 via the SFR files (Patched Blade flasher). (Backup nvitems with QPST as well first).

Build a working recovery from the SFR 2.2

Then you can make a tpt with ztepack to replace recovery (Presume partition_zte.mbn is the same).

To make a working TPT you need the right partition.mbn (Only reason why you wouldn't be able to flash the 2.2 TPT is if it was changed).

Or you could use source to build a working recovery.

Guest Sebastian404

Someone else needs to downgrade the lot to 2.2 via the SFR files (Patched Blade flasher). (Backup nvitems with QPST as well first).

Then you can make a tpt with ztepack to replace recovery (Presume partition_zte.mbn is the same).

To make a working TPT you need the right partition.mbn (Only reason why you wouldn't be able to flash the 2.2 TPT is if it was changed).

That an interesting idea..

Unfortunatly my experiments with the recovery partition means I cant get mine into FTM mode any more

Guest Sebastian404

ok, I found out that I still have a copy of the QCN file from my Tureis before I ruined it.. how (in simple terms) do I get the partition.mbn out of it?

• 1 year later...