OK! Just do the following....
1. Download android-sdk_r15-windows.zip
(assuming you are running windows)
2. Extract it, copy the 'android-sdk-windows' folder and paste it in your C:\ drive (for convenience).
3. Now, go into the folder and run 'SDK manager.exe'.
4. From SDK manager, install 'android SDK Plateform-tools' under tool and 'google usb driver package' under Extras. No need to install anything else for now, just uncheck if anything else is checked.
5. Now, confirm that the 3 things are installed (the status in front of the name is Installed
) (Screenshot is given below)
Android SDK plateform-tools
Google usb driver package
6. Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable. (Phone should be turn on)
7. Open the command prompt in windows and type adb devices
(see the screenshot)
8. If this shows your device in the list means your device is accessible with adb.
Tell me what is the status whether your device is accessible with adb or not.
After that you have to flash a recovery.img to your device using command line, that you can do with fastboot. But I have not done that because my device is working properly and don't want to disturb me as Exam time is running for me.
Tell me upto where you have followed.