• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

aldino

aldino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Please confirm - is it that you wish to install CWM after you have already unlocked the phone...?

Yes phone has been successfully unlocked. During the unlock, the last step is to restore the backup to the phone using QPST, and while this got to 100% it didnt quite finish - the phone restarted and there was an error message saying cannot communicate with device. I put in my 3 sim though and it worked, and booted the phone as normal etc, so I just ignored it as it all worked fine, not sure if it has anything to do with it? Either way the phone boots and works fine with a non-Orange sim, now I want to install CWM so I can put a custom ROM on it.

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7
Ok, thanks for the screenshot and the information.

This shows the devices listed in my Device Manager with the phone attached...

Posted Image

...I would ignore the ZTE prefix as I imagine that is due to the Elitemovil ROM I am using.

The drivers that I used are simply the ones that came from the unlocking tutorial...

Handset_USB_Driver

http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L

I never needed to install anything different to unlock the phone or back up the required file for QPST to work or then install CWM. As you have noted you did the same and had full communications with your phone during the unlocking process but that seemed to go messy during completion of the restoration of the backup file by the QPST software.

Why don't you...
Unplug the phone.
Uninstall the QPST 2.7 software.
Reboot the phone.
Install the Handset_USB_Driver with the device manager tree open.

Note that the device is correctly identified as illustrated in the above screenshots.

Ensure that you have not got a firewall preventing communication to the phone when plugged in, I had to disable mine.

Run the CWM installation file "install-recovery-windows.bat" from the Post-Unlock folder

Post back any issues when doing the above

Good luck :)

EDIT: Just to add that I too would not have been happy with the message you noted at the end of the restoration of the QCN file. I have unlocked two of these phones using the noted method and both went fine with no such problems. Whether it has any relevance at this stage I'm not sure. But let's see how you go on with the above.

Edited by dibbles, 03 December 2011 - 04:50 PM.

aldino

aldino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Thanks for the advice, but running the .bat file, actually any .bat file, results in the same thing, screenshot attached. Updating driver etc just brings the error message mentioned previously...

Attached Files

• Attached File  pic4.jpg   108.25KB   51 downloads

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
Go to add and remove programs and remove the drivers...

Posted Image

then reboot the PC.

No phone attached.

Then install the drivers again "Handset_USB_Driver" and note tha tthey appear in the add / remove list as noted above.

Then plug the phone it, try a different cable / USB port if you can.

Post back please.

aldino

aldino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Did that...and this time used a different USB cable, as well as a different USB port...and.....IT WORKED!!

Brb installing custom ROM :lol:

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
Good. I had suspected either the port or the cable. I have had to throw out brand new, but cheap, USB cables that simply no longer worked.

xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Did that...and this time used a different USB cable, as well as a different USB port...and.....IT WORKED!!

Brb installing custom ROM :lol:

So it is the fault of USB cable/port then....

Just now I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for my phone in bootloader mode a couple of times - Google SDK driver installed smoothly. But I do find something interesting, the driver sometimes could be installed automatically via Windows Update, recognised as "Fastboot interface (Google USB ID)"

Handset_USB_Driver

http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L

I never needed to install anything different to unlock the phone or back up the required file for QPST to work or then install CWM.

I don't think the driver for bootloader mode is included in ZTE Handset_USB_Driver. In your case it should be installed automatically via Windows Update.

aldino

aldino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Finally using Elitemovile ROM, just wanna say thanks to xiaoyaoswim and dibbles for your help. :)

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
You are welcome and you have chosen a good ROM.

Obsydian

Obsydian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Guys, some help managed to unlock, but really stuck on the driver issue (i.e. get the same green android screen and pc dialog box says waiting for device), anyway after many driver updates now my phone does nothing when i run the CWM bat file.

randan

randan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade & Skate, Advent Vega
I cannot for the life of me get this driver to work to allow the CWM.

I have tried on XP and Vista and it all seems to install with no problems but I get the

< waiting for device >

but I dont even get the green android - my MC does nothing when I run the bat - just sits at the normal screen showing the Orange icons

Am I being really thick?

Edited by randan, 05 December 2011 - 01:27 PM.

xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

I cannot for the life of me get this driver to work to allow the CWM.

I have tried on XP and Vista and it all seems to install with no problems but I get the

< waiting for device >

but I dont even get the green android - my MC does nothing when I run the bat - just sits at the normal screen showing the Orange icons

Am I being really thick?

If you fail to get green android (green android means your phone is in bootloader mode), the first command of 'adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader' was not successfully done.Can you post detailed output Windows Command Prompt gave?

randan

randan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I always get the device not found error - usb debugging is enabled and the phone is unlocked.Attached File  boot.jpg   37.14KB   41 downloads

xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

I always get the device not found error - usb debugging is enabled and the phone is unlocked.Attached File  boot.jpg   37.14KB   41 downloads

Is there any unknown device in device manager? Have you installed Handset_USB_Driver?

randan

randan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the reply - there is no unknown device and the device manager is show here :-Attached File  boot2.jpg   83.65KB   41 downloads

I have installed the drivers that came from the unlock thread and also I have tried several things suggested here and in other posts around the forum but seem to be getting nowhere.

Edited by randan, 05 December 2011 - 02:22 PM.

xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Thanks for the reply - there is no unknown device and the device manager is show here :-Attached File  boot2.jpg   83.65KB   41 downloads

I have installed the drivers that came from the unlock thread and also I have tried several things suggested here and in other posts around the forum but seem to be getting nowhere.

The handset ADB interface driver is correctly installed. I think the reason your phone couldn't reboot into bootloader is not caused by the driver but some other stuff e.g. fault USB cable / port etc. You'd better use the USB ports at the back of you PC, as the USB ports at front panel could suffer from weak signal/power.

randan

randan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have tried two cables and three different usb sockets on two different computers and they all give the same result - error device not found then waiting for device.

Maybe I have a duff MC?

Obsydian

Obsydian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
STUCK ON GREEN ANDROID SCREEN DURING CWM

Two days wasted, installing drivers, manual config, different cables, different ports, guess what solved it without any of this ....

I used the supplied cable (prior to thatI used two quality known working cables).

Go figure who gives a crap, it works.

Nozz

Nozz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Trying to install ClockworkMod and after running 'install-recovery-windows.bat' from the unlock tutorial's post-unlock folder, I get stuck at the same green android screen and "waiting for device message" that has troubled others. But no error message. Only then I get a message in the system tray to say "Found New Hardware" and the Found New Hardware Wizard opens with options to search for something or allow Windows Updates. I don't know what to do at this stage if anything, so just cancel.

I'm using Windows XP and USB debugging is switched on. In device manager I can see the following and there are no unknown devices:

ADB Interface: Handset ADB Interface
Disk drives: Handset ADB Interface
Modem: Handset USB Modem

But have nothing for Portable Devices as highlighted by another poster as perhaps necessary?

Powering on with the volume down button depressed results in the FTM screen, whatever that is. And battery has to come out to reboot the phone.

Can anyone please help? Going round in circles reading all the relevant threads and getting nowhere fast.

Edited by Nozz, 06 December 2011 - 09:11 PM.

xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Trying to install ClockworkMod and after running 'install-recovery-windows.bat' from the unlock tutorial's post-unlock folder, I get stuck at the same green android screen and "waiting for device message" that has troubled others. But no error message. Only then I get a message in the system tray to say "Found New Hardware" and the Found New Hardware Wizard opens with options to search for something or allow Windows Updates. I don't know what to do at this stage if anything, so just cancel.

I'm using Windows XP and USB debugging is switched on. In device manager I can see the following and there are no unknown devices:

ADB Interface: Handset ADB Interface
Disk drives: Handset ADB Interface
Modem: Handset USB Modem

But have nothing for Portable Devices as highlighted by another poster as perhaps necessary?

Powering on with the volume down button depressed results in the FTM screen, whatever that is. And battery has to come out to reboot the phone.

Can anyone please help? Going round in circles reading all the relevant threads and getting nowhere fast.

When the Found New Hardware Wizard appeared, you should install the driver manually, or perhaps through Windows Updates.

Now you need to run install-recovery-windows.bat again. As soon as you get stuck in ""waiting for device" find a unknown device in device manager(if you cannot find it, try to Scan for New Hardware), and then follow the instruction in the frist post to install the Google SDK driver. Remember to download the android_winusb.inf in attachment and overwrite the original one since you are using Windows XP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users