ZTE - Android 2.3.5

Guest KapTmaH

Guest dibbles

@Elitemovil - Are you going to bring your ROM that you have created for the Skate over to this forum...?

I am sure that there would be many who would appreciate that :)

You were much appreciated when you introduced your blade ROM here and at XDA, albeit there isn't a Skate section there AFAIK.

I think that you will find that this forum is a little more peaceful now :)

Edited by dibbles

I am new to rom customization. Just downloaded this. Contains only an image.bin file. How to use?

Make folder "image" in sd card, place there image.bin, boot phone with volume plus+menu+power.

Guest Dukelord

Make folder "image" in sd card, place there image.bin, boot phone with volume plus+menu+power.

Thanks. Will try this later when I get home from work. Left the skate at home. Give you a feedback later. But was wondering if I need to backup my current version first and any other thing before I do this update. If yes? How do I backup? Thanks.

Thanks. Will try this later when I get home from work. Left the skate at home. Give you a feedback later. But was wondering if I need to backup my current version first and any other thing before I do this update. If yes? How do I backup? Thanks.

First of all you will need the File Recovery Clockwork

1 - Download and install the SDK or install ADB Made Easy;

2 - Open the command prompt (cmd) in windows and navigate to SDK/tools folder or from the ADB Made Easy (whatever you've installed in previous step) the option "Open CMD to ADB commands";

3 - On your phone navigate to Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Tick on "Enable debug mode" / "Debug" (description varies from different ROMs);

4 - Connect the phone to your PC / Laptop via USB, without activating the mass storage, just connect the USB and nothing else (if you're asked to install drivers, install them);

5 - At the command prompt run the command adb devices, it must present your device on the next line (go to next step), otherwise you are missing drivers to install (so install them and then return here smile.png );

6 - At the command prompt run the command adb reboot bootloader, your phone should now boot into fastboot, the phone will just to show the image of an Android (general), without any menu or something similar;

7 - At the command prompt run the command fastboot devices, it must present your device on the next line, or a question mark (?) (go to next step), otherwise you are missing drivers (install them and then return here smile.png );

8 - At the command prompt run the command fastboot boot "C:\Users\R&J\Downloads\recovery.img" (example path) and unplug the USB cable after this command is sent (almost immediately), the phone should now start in Clockwork Recovery;

9 - Now in the Recovery menu* select Backup and Restore -> Backup, it should start to Backup** when it's finished you'll have the backup stored on your memory card (/sdcard/ClockworkMod/backup) and duly cautioned to any event! smile.png

* How to navigate in Recovery:

- Up: Volume up

- Low: Volume down

- Select / Confirm: Home

- Back: Back

** It can make skip one or more times, the sd-ext almost certainly will do, but ignore because not all ROMs have these partitions.

Edited by D3abL3

Guest Dukelord

First of all you will need the File Recovery Clockwork

1 - Download and install the SDK or install ADB Made Easy;

2 - Open the command prompt (cmd) in windows and navigate to SDK/tools folder or from the ADB Made Easy (whatever you've installed in previous step) the option "Open CMD to ADB commands";

3 - On your phone navigate to Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Tick on "Enable debug mode" / "Debug" (description varies from different ROMs);

4 - Connect the phone to your PC / Laptop via USB, without activating the mass storage, just connect the USB and nothing else (if you're asked to install drivers, install them);

5 - At the command prompt run the command adb devices, it must present your device on the next line (go to next step), otherwise you are missing drivers to install (so install them and then return here smile.png );

6 - At the command prompt run the command adb reboot bootloader, your phone should now boot into fastboot, the phone will just to show the image of an Android (general), without any menu or something similar;

7 - At the command prompt run the command fastboot devices, it must present your device on the next line, or a question mark (?) (go to next step), otherwise you are missing drivers (install them and then return here smile.png );

8 - At the command prompt run the command fastboot boot "C:\Users\R&J\Downloads\recovery.img" (example path) and unplug the USB cable after this command is sent (almost immediately), the phone should now start in Clockwork Recovery;

9 - Now in the Recovery menu* select Backup and Restore -> Backup, it should start to Backup** when it's finished you'll have the backup stored on your memory card (/sdcard/ClockworkMod/backup) and duly cautioned to any event! smile.png

* How to navigate in Recovery:

- Up: Volume up

- Low: Volume down

- Select / Confirm: Home

- Back: Back

** It can make skip one or more times, the sd-ext almost certainly will do, but ignore because not all ROMs have these partitions.

I dont use clockword mod. My skate is new. Just got is over the weekend. But been busy so I haven't really used it yet. Do I need to do all this then?

Guest dadashi

Have you tried this rom? Its supposed to be an original ZTE 2.3.5 rom without the network software from orange or whatever....

Shouldnt we do a clockwork wipe before flashing..?

Edited by dadashi

Guest Dukelord

I'm kinda confused. My skate is new. Nothing on it, no contacts nothing. with android 2.3.4. What do I need to do in order to upgrade properly and safetly to zte skate official 2.3.5

Have you tried this rom? Its supposed to be an original ZTE 2.3.5 rom without the network software from orange or whatever....

Shouldnt we do a clockwork wipe before flashing..?

I don't think it's needed, but just in case it should be done.

@Dukelord: You can do what I told you or do as jikobutsu said.

After you make the backup of your phone's current state make a full wipe(wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, mounts and storage -> format /system).

And then you can install this ROM.

Guest Dukelord

After you make the backup of your phone's current state make a full wipe(wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, mounts and storage -> format /system).

I am getting error: device not found, then < waiting for device>

and just keeps waiting

Guest dadashi

D3abL3, haven't you tried this yet...?

Will it wipe clockwork?

D3abL3, haven't you tried this yet...?

Will it wipe clockwork?

No, I didn't try nor I will.

But I can tell you that it wil make you full Stock(remove clockwork recovery yes).