164 replies to this topic

Racerboy

Racerboy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Devices:hTC Explorer / Donated Racer

i dont have my romdump thats why i was asking @Molesto to upload againg, i've zte racerII from spanish mobile company tu...
cwm isnt available for this model i've original system recovery

fair enough, until he uploads again to different file share server.......i think you should be ok to fastboot the system.img, boot.img etc from the rom dump when you get it providing you have fastboot mode on Racer II.....if that fails then you`ll most likely have to wait for ZTE to upload their (TPT) online phone flash tool which maybe some time....... just send it back and your provider or whoever you bought it from new should reflash the phone for you free of charge

Find ALL my 2.3.7 cm7 ROMS HERE and ICSv5-MOD-ROM HERE @ raceroms

Latest LeWa ported ROM HERE

PM`s for help WONT be answered

krystal5190

krystal5190

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:ZTE RACERII acer p300

fair enough, until he uploads again to different file share server.......i think you should be ok to fastboot the system.img, boot.img etc from the rom dump when you get it providing you have fastboot mode on Racer II.....if that fails then you`ll most likely have to wait for ZTE to upload their (TPT) online phone flash tool which maybe some time....... just send it back and your provider or whoever you bought it from new should reflash the phone for you free of charge

i have already fixed an issue with fastboot and it does really work in this mobile, i can fastboot system.img boot.img also but i dont have a romdump for my mobile.. y tried greece omdump but it doesnt work...
im tryin to fix by myself because i lost my warranty when i rooted it... but anyway i'll try to give then the mobile..

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer
  • Twitter:@equiliym

if you`ve got the rom dump of racer II from your carrier i can take a look at it and maybe be-able to help you..post link for it.........do you have a recovery like cwm installed or not????

for some odd reason, dumped system is in .tar extension so it can be unpacked very easy even on windows, i didnt download spanish one so i cant really help with that but being a tar file, you dont have to unyaffs it, just extract and a flashable zip can be easy made :P you know the drill :D

also krystal, im not sure if you can flash a tar file, have you checked what fastboot is saying? im pretty sure it must be yaffs iso format when flashing system, maybe thats why it doesnt work

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."
if i helped please press the vote up button :3

krystal5190

krystal5190

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

for some odd reason, dumped system is in .tar extension so it can be unpacked very easy even on windows, i didnt download spanish one so i cant really help with that but being a tar file, you dont have to unyaffs it, just extract and a flashable zip can be easy made :P you know the drill :D

also krystal, im not sure if you can flash a tar file, have you checked what fastboot is saying? im pretty sure it must be yaffs iso format when flashing system, maybe thats why it doesnt work

yes i can unpack easy tar extension. but i've tried to flash it in tar extension.. but doesn boot. also i tried to convert the system unpacked folder with mkyaffs2image (i thonk it is its name i dont remember) and neater works... I dont know what else i can do.. i also tried to do an update.zip to flash from my original recovery.. but it doesnt work (installation aborted status 2).. i dont know what does it means.. but anyway im trying to find an original system.img from froyo.. if i flash an original froyo system.img could work?

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

yes i can unpack easy tar extension. but i've tried to flash it in tar extension.. but doesn boot. also i tried to convert the system unpacked folder with mkyaffs2image (i thonk it is its name i dont remember) and neater works... I dont know what else i can do.. i also tried to do an update.zip to flash from my original recovery.. but it doesnt work (installation aborted status 2).. i dont know what does it means.. but anyway im trying to find an original system.img from froyo.. if i flash an original froyo system.img could work?

yes, if you flash your stock rom it shuold work.. i find it odd that others doesnt since its the same phone.. if i had that phone i could mess around with customizing but dont have so i cant really help much :(

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."

krystal5190

krystal5190

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

yes, if you flash your stock rom it shuold work.. i find it odd that others doesnt since its the same phone.. if i had that phone i could mess around with customizing but dont have so i cant really help much :(

I used other mobile stock rom (froyo 2.2.2 as mine) but it does not work.. reboot again and again... I dont know how to flash system.tar without clockwork.. im only able to use fastboot and original recovery

Molesto

Molesto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE RACERII

i dont have my romdump thats why i was asking @Molesto to upload againg, i've zte racerII from spanish mobile company tu...
cwm isnt available for this model i've original system recovery

Hi guy! Here you have the romdump! ;-)

http://www.mediafire...qz2a859k91n23a6

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
guys, can someone of you with working racer2 do this? plug phone in usb, open adb shell and type 'df -h' command? and copy-paste the results? that way we can see its partition layout and also can be helpful knowing that for making a good cwm install script for flashable update.zip thing :)

krystal5190

krystal5190

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi guy! Here you have the romdump! ;-)

http://www.mediafire...qz2a859k91n23a6

thanks men ^^ haha now i'll try to flash it.. but does anyone know how to flash a system.tar?' i cannot use adb.. only fastboot

SicariusLP

SicariusLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Xperia X10i, ZTE Racer II

guys, can someone of you with working racer2 do this? plug phone in usb, open adb shell and type 'df -h' command? and copy-paste the results? that way we can see its partition layout and also can be helpful knowing that for making a good cwm install script for flashable update.zip thing :)

export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH:.
$ $ su
# cat /proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 01000000 00020000 "modem"
mtd1: 00100000 00020000 "bootloader"
mtd2: 00080000 00020000 "systemdata"
mtd3: 01400000 00020000 "kpanic"
mtd4: 00500000 00020000 "boot"
mtd5: 00040000 00020000 "deviceinfo"
mtd6: 00040000 00020000 "ckdatablock"
mtd7: 004c0000 00020000 "recovery"
mtd8: 00020000 00020000 "misc"
mtd9: 0a000000 00020000 "system"
mtd10: 01e00000 00020000 "cache"
mtd11: 11220000 00020000 "userdata"
# df
/dev: 106780K total, 12K used, 106768K available (block size 4096)
/mnt/asec: 106780K total, 0K used, 106780K available (block size 4096)
/system: 163840K total, 148064K used, 15776K available (block size 4096)
/data: 280704K total, 191288K used, 89416K available (block size 4096)
/cache: 30720K total, 1160K used, 29560K available (block size 4096)
/mnt/sdcard: 1928992K total, 1054112K used, 874880K available (block size 32768)
/mnt/secure/asec: 1928992K total, 1054112K used, 874880K available (block size )
# busybox df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs
104.3M 12.0k 104.3M 0% /dev
tmpfs
104.3M 0 104.3M 0% /mnt/asec
/dev/block/mtdblock9 160.0M 144.6M 15.4M 90% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock11
274.1M 186.8M 87.3M 68% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock10
30.0M 1.1M 28.9M 4% /cache
/dev/block/vold/179:1
1.8G 1.0G 854.4M 55% /mnt/sdcard
/dev/block/vold/179:1
1.8G 1.0G 854.4M 55% /mnt/secure/asec
#

Edited by SicariusLP, 09 February 2012 - 03:23 PM.

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 104.3M 	12.0k    104.3M   0% /dev
tmpfs                        104.3M         0    104.3M   0% /mnt/asec
/dev/block/mtdblock9     160.0M    144.6M     15.4M  90% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock11 274.1M    186.8M     87.3M  68% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock10 30.0M      1.1M     28.9M   4% /cache
/dev/block/vold/179:1 1.8G      1.0G    854.4M  55% /mnt/sdcard
/dev/block/vold/179:1 1.8G      1.0G    854.4M  55% /mnt/secure/asec
well, this is a surprise :P at least we now know you have 160mb layout, clearing stock roms of garbage and enough space to add your stuff :D i downloaded your stock rom and i found lots of garbage.. there is a video clip of the fifth element movie with bruce willis, dunno whats that all about.. just sayin` :D

moleygunn

moleygunn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
They sell the ZTE Racer II in Ireland from Meteor, 3 and eMobile. I've made a romdump in case it helps the cause:

http://www.suchdestr...te-racer-II.zip

I've also included a copy of SuperOneClick and the Google USB drivers which I've edited so they recognise the ZTE Racer II, rather than have it show as 'Android Phone' in the Device Manager. Make sure your phone has USB Debugging enabled to make this work. (This is probably basic stuff, but it took me most of the day to figure out, so I'm sharing.)

Does anyone know of a way to remove the SIM lock? It's currently locked to Meteor. Will flashing the Greek or Albanian ROM dumps remove the lock? Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by moleygunn, 21 February 2012 - 09:54 PM.

Molesto

Molesto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE RACERII
To unlock you can try this:

http://a-zgsm.com/calculator/

good luck!

g947

g947

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:POV Mobii Tab Tegra 10-1
Hi,
Unfortunately, I bought this type of phone a few days ago. Once I had to took it back for change for a good one, because many times was frozen. (Battery take out and put in.)
I sadly recognized surfing on the internet, that there is nobody this time, who is working on this model to make it better.
What is your opinion, the reason is that is a fresh equipment, or there is no hope to do something better with it?
Best Regards
mobil

Edited by g947, 22 February 2012 - 11:14 AM.

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
none of the devs here have racer2 device so we cant really make custom roms work on it..

moleygunn

moleygunn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

To unlock you can try this:

http://a-zgsm.com/calculator/

good luck!

That site has given me an NCK code, but the phone isn't prompting me to unlock. Have you been able to unlock yours?

redhawkuk

redhawkuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer debranded Three UK
If it's not prompting you to enter NCK then what exactly does it do when you insert a different SIM card??

Richard S.

g947

g947

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:POV Mobii Tab Tegra 10-1

none of the devs here have racer2 device so we cant really make custom roms work on it..

Thank you for your answer. I think in this case, this is hopeless.

mobil

Edited by g947, 23 February 2012 - 11:01 AM.

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Thank you for your answer. I think in this case, this is hopeless.

mobil

its not hopeless, if there are any of racer2 users that have some basic linux and/or programming knowledge, you can do lots of stuff.. you can even do on windows but still need some base programming knowledge at least to look at debugger and fix issues.. unless issues are really stupid, those can be solved by anyone :D

moleygunn

moleygunn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If it's not prompting you to enter NCK then what exactly does it do when you insert a different SIM card??

Richard S.

It blanks the screen and leaves an option to make emergency calls, but nothing else. None of the buttons work either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users