Galaxy Nexus and Google Wallet

Guest Beingageek

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Man_Utd

So I initially had GW working. I did a wipe and all, re-installed everything and now I can't get GW to work. I'm getting the following error:

Secure element not responding

The Secure Element has stopped responding. Please contact Google Wallet support.

I've done countless wipes and different ROMs. All end the same way. I figure it has something to do with my storage, maybe?

Can anyone help me?

Guest iconoclastic

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1365360

Troubleshooting

Secure Element not responding!

If you have a Nandroid backup of a version of Wallet that worked, try restoring to that. Otherwise, you're screwed unless you get a new device. The Secure Element in your phone has now locked you out.

Since we now know that nfc on this device is intrinsically tied to the "special" battery, does anyone know if the "Secure Element" is replaceable with just the battery pack?

Guest Miad Hoque

There is a thread in XDA under Samsung Galaxy Nexus-->GNex themes and apps--->Post about Google Wallet

First post has a link to a .zip file, flash that on top of your ROM via recovery and it works perfect.

Guest crisdo98

ok, about to get my nexus replaced due to a faulty screen. Is there a way to install google wallet and ensure that it works and not get the secure element error that I have on my current phone.

Guest AndyCr15

Mind you, I had this working on a different ROM. I tried it last night on MCR Ir8 and it didn't work, it failed to make the payment and then said something about reader detected. :(

• 1 year later...
Guest ParkerT

Mobile payment products are the newest thing with regards to financial technology. Some think the systems, which use smartphones to make payments ordinarily done with a card, will replace cash and plastic totally. One step is already used, as Google Wallet, Google's mobile payment system, is now working with all credit and debit cards, where it formerly worked only with MasterCard. Article source: https://personalmoneynetwork.com/payday-loans/

Edited by ParkerT