cm7 3.0 or bluemonte 2.0

Guest spacam

Hello there,

Did anyone try booth rooms? CM7 3.0 and Bluemonte 2.0. I m on the cm7 at the moment but i m not sure about life of my battery sometimes it stayed for 2 days, but sometimes get flat over the night from 80% for example. I m not sure, if i do anything wrong. I did wipe battery stats. So i m thinking about trying Bluemonte 2.0. Can someone tell me if is any huge differernce between this two roms? Thanks

Guest atillaahun

Isn't it just Bluemonte 1.8d?

I haven't tried CM 3.0 yet, just the previous version, but it had a useless WiFi, and FC-s in some of the Apps, and in menu. BM was completely stable compared to that, just without a bunch of extra settings of course.

Edited by atillaahun

Guest dibbles

Depending on how you use your phone I find that the two noted ROM's have been typical of battery usage. Albeit I have only just gone to CM 7, which seems to be running fine. I must make sure that 3G is not constantly searching and so I toggle that off and only put it back on when someone has sent me a MMS. That way the battery lasts the longest.

When I have fully wiped and flashed a ROM I will wait for a while after it has gone to 100% in the battery stats and then calibrate the battery.

If there are any concerns on the battery drain I will have a look at the usage and the partial wakes, to see if there is a rogue app waking the phone up etc.

EDIT: As for which ROM is "better" - well I don't think that is a fair question when both Devs have put a lot of work into developing their ROM's. Each ROM will have its own qualities and the best way to find that out is to try them (you can nandroid and back up your apps so it doesn't take long) and then see which suits you the best.

As I was using the nightlies for quite some time with my San Fran, since around build 20 something, I have naturally navigated back to the CM 7 build here.

Good luck and post back as to which suits your needs the best. :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest TouchyAndalou

I never liked CM7 much on my Blade, due to the consistently bad battery performance. But Tilal seems to have done a good job porting it for the Skate, and having used it for about a week now, I can say that it works very well.

I am going back to Bluemonte today however, as like dadashi said, the video recording performance is better on Bluemonte, and I've also missed not having Dolby sound on CM7, which makes quite a difference in my opinion.

Edited by TouchyAndalou