30 Nov: UI patches (LHS / RHS / Both / Search Button / When Hidden)

Guest PaulOBrien

No matter which file I flash I seem to just get the left hand side menu button, even when I flash the right hand side option. This works with and without the search option. Always active doesn't seem to be working either.

Any suggestions appreciated.

This is definitely a feature that google should have included!

Once again brilliant work

Thanks

Guest Celeborn81

No matter which file I flash I seem to just get the left hand side menu button, even when I flash the right hand side option. This works with and without the search option. Always active doesn't seem to be working either.

Any suggestions appreciated.

This is definitely a feature that google should have included!

Once again brilliant work

Thanks

Having the same problem after flashing menu button for both sides + search.

Search button is always there, but only get menu button on the left side and only in some apps, like tweetdeck, but not facebook.

I realize it's not actually visible in the facebook app, but when I flashed the full rom before, I could at least press the edges and get the menu :)

Edited by Celeborn81

Guest kjaved373

I've tried looking around and couldn't find it. If you don't mind, can you tell me what edits you have made for this mod, or at least the location of the files that need to be edited? I would like to try on other devices.

Thanks in advance! :)

Sorry, packing for moving house atm and haven't had a chance to sort it, the MCR options in the kitchen are correct in the meantime however if you are willing to go custom ROM.

P

Sorry, packing for moving house atm and haven't had a chance to sort it, the MCR options in the kitchen are correct in the meantime however if you are willing to go custom ROM.

P

No need for apologies what so ever. Not sure whether to go over to the custom ROM yet. I'm very tempted and really just waiting for the volume fix to be an option. I also kinda want to give google a chance. I think I'll manage to hold out until the weekend, maybe...

Good luck with the move anyway.

Edit- Just read the article properly and now baking my custom ROM. THANKS!!!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by jmagee

Guest grindboy

Do I need to uninstall the incorrect patch before I install the working one? Because I've just flashed the "both sides even when not active with search" version and I'm still getting "left with search only".

Edited by grindboy

Guest grindboy

OK I'm definitely doing something wrong. I checked the md5sum before flashing and it checks out but I'm still only getting "left with search". Also my search button shows on the lockscreen is this normal?

Thanks for your help

OK I'm definitely doing something wrong. I checked the md5sum before flashing and it checks out but I'm still only getting "left with search". Also my search button shows on the lockscreen is this normal?

Thanks for your help

I have flashed the new one and can confirm it works, at least with the custom ROM after I baked in the wrong option. Be useful to know if others are still having this problem on the stock ROM

OK, so I found out what's causing this to not work for some - you need to manually 'adb shell stop && adb remount && adb shell rm /system/app/SystemUI.odex && adb reboot'.

I'll update the install scripts when I get a chance.

P

Hello, first post here. Thank you for all your work for the Nexus, Paul.

This might be a long shot but is it possible to have the search button and right side only instead of both sides? I have wavelauncher setup on the left side, I am using the RHS but I'd really like the search button at the bottom.

Thanks!

Guest grindboy

Do I need to run these commands from anywhere special? With the normal ADB commandline in Windows (I haven't got the drivers working under Linux yet) I get:

remount failed operation not permitted
Followed by:
rm failed for /system/app/SystemUI.odex, read only filesystem

Cheers

OK, so I found out what's causing this to not work for some - you need to manually 'adb shell stop && adb remount && adb shell rm /system/app/SystemUI.odex && adb reboot'.

I'll update the install scripts when I get a chance.

P

Did you update it in the patch dated 30 November. Or not yet.

Did you update it in the patch dated 30 November. Or not yet.

I'm gonna go with a wild guess here and say no. At least check the date of the post from Paul. I'm sure it's on the todo list. To be honest I can fully recommend the custom ROM. Has all this and more!