Android 4.0.x on ZTE Racer

Guest LordCrash

Guest equiliym

the only thing i cant get sorted is the cursor on screen for touch all other fixes are applied and working so far, so if any body can help solve touch screen (kernal related) plz do so...thx

even audio? im THIS close in making it work but still no luck lol >.> sure sucks being without internets, ill pay my bills next week, will have a working network in a few days so i can check back at all stuff and be up to date, using my phone for this isnt really good :(

Guest Vlatko25

even audio? im THIS close in making it work but still no luck lol >.> sure sucks being without internets, ill pay my bills next week, will have a working network in a few days so i can check back at all stuff and be up to date, using my phone for this isnt really good :(

hey guys,what is the progres so far for ics mod racer>:DD:D:D:D:D

Guest Racerboy

hey guys,what is the progres so far for ics mod racer>:DD:D:D:D:D

ok so far whats working from the blade port is:

wifi

bluetooth

screen orientation

sdcard mounting

whats not working/needs modifying/sorting:

audio (libs)

cursor on the touchscreen (kernal modification required)

network for phone calls etc (bin/libs/kernal)

gpu acceleration (libs/egl)

Guest t0mm13b

ok so far whats working from the blade port is:

wifi

bluetooth

screen orientation

sdcard mounting

whats not working/needs modifying/sorting:

audio (libs)

cursor on the touchscreen (kernal modification required)

network for phone calls etc (bin/libs/kernal)

gpu acceleration (libs/egl)

Racerboy: did you get the touchscreen pointer sorted out? ;)

Btw, Screen orientation is an iffy one - not sure if its actually is working personally as I have been flipping the blade at various angles to see what would happen but no... mind you, I have the up-to-date fix in place so.. its weird... xD Or it could be am brain-segfaulting :D

Guest Racerboy

Racerboy: did you get the touchscreen pointer sorted out? ;)

Btw, Screen orientation is an iffy one - not sure if its actually is working personally as I have been flipping the blade at various angles to see what would happen but no... mind you, I have the up-to-date fix in place so.. its weird... xD Or it could be am brain-segfaulting :D

hi t0mm13b, i`m trying to edit the existing kernal with some changes but i may need to do it from source i guess to correct the screen cursor....

the screen orientation worked fine from the last alpha build you guys did in the blade forum (no changes made)........ like the sdcard mounting it already worked :D

if you need any help just ask :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i joke ..........keep up the very nice work :)

Guest Vlatko25

hi t0mm13b, i`m trying to edit the existing kernal with some changes but i may need to do it from source i guess to correct the screen cursor....

the screen orientation worked fine from the last alpha build you guys did in the blade forum (no changes made)........ like the sdcard mounting it already worked :D

if you need any help just ask :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i joke ..........keep up the very nice work :)

i am happy for those news guys :D

i am waiting for working ics mod for our phone

i know at the moment you are working hard for it:D

Guest t0mm13b

Great! xD

Yeah, its been fun in filling in the posts every now and then to keep it uhmmmm entertaining/educational for everyone to learn how to do it but then n00bs spoil the thread by whining and bitching about it a lá "telephony not work - y not?" whine bitch bitch whine.... when its clearly a dev thread.... it can get to me alright but I do my best to ignore them! :)

Thanks for your continued support and please if you notice anything or a lightbulb goes off in your head feel free to share, after all, that's what I set out to do, to help everyone :D

Until then, cheers :D

Guest Vlatko25

Tom I always support your work,Racer Boy work and others developers

Keep up the Good work

I am here always to support. You guys

Hope new rom maybe ics

:D

Edited by Vlatko25

Guest plegdroid

t0mm13b, racerboy, and everyone who has made a positive contribution in helping to make this happen, your work is not going unnoticed, only some of us know better to watch and learn than myther with inappropriate questions breaking the flow of the thread and what your all doing, with sincere thanks :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

i`ve been keeping tabs on the blade thread of late and trying to include as many of the changes as possible with what i`ve got to work with for the Racer port, t0mm13b and the guys have done a great job so far.........hopefully i`ll upload a alpha version tomorrow for you all to try :D i`ll keep you posted

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Vlatko25

Wonderful news Racer Boy:)

Get rest tonight:)

And all of us are very happy to hear these news

Endless support for your hard work:)

I am at work all the night long till 07h in the morning :)

Tomorrow is new day and I am happy to test that alpha version ics

Edited by Vlatko25

Guest plegdroid

i`ve been keeping tabs on the blade thread of late and trying to include as many of the changes as possible with what i`ve got to work with for the Racer port, t0mm13b and the guys have done a great job so far.........hopefully i`ll upload a alpha version tomorrow for you all to try :D i`ll keep you posted

I've been watching it unravel , dont understand most of it ,but can keep up with the frustration and then elation of a problem solved . looking foreword to trying the alpha :D :)

Guest plegdroid

hi guys.... is it availible to download yet??

not yet..audio still to sort. :) dare say racerboy will post when he's happy to do so...

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

not yet..audio still to sort. :) dare say racerboy will post when he's happy to do so...

and the dam cursor on the screen

audio is a problem from the blade build but works on the hero build

hw aceleration is not fixed yet

network is not fixed (for phone calls)

Guest plegdroid

and the dam cursor on the screen

audio is a problem from the blade build but works on the hero build

hw aceleration is not fixed yet

network is not fixed (for phone calls)

and all of the above:lol:

Guest Vlatko25

and all of the above:lol:

RACER BOY,i am not proffesional but i think that we must have 2.6.35 working kernal to be able to make 4.0.x rom

or maybe i am wrong?!

Guest Racerboy

RACER BOY,i am not proffesional but i think that we must have 2.6.35 working kernal to be able to make 4.0.x rom

or maybe i am wrong?!

we need the changes from the blade kernel implemented into our gen1 kernel

orientation works but touch screen sensors dont rotate with it

and also the cursor needs removing

Guest equiliym

well, kernel issues are off limits for me here, i always fail to compile one.. tho i dont even have a proper source since no one is sharing so i guess ill just sit back and watch other people struggle to make it work :)

Guest Racerboy

well, kernel issues are off limits for me here, i always fail to compile one.. tho i dont even have a proper source since no one is sharing so i guess ill just sit back and watch other people struggle to make it work :)

oh well where buggered until someone can then lol, i keep getting errors when compiling, try the blade forum for the builds, that all i`m doing is using them rather than a AOSP build for the Racer as i dont have the usage nor the knowledge to build, although it would be quite easy once setup properly

Guest gagan313

ahh ok.....

just wondering....what do you guys use to compile roms?biggrin.gif