ZTE Skate TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Guest Amphoras

These TPTs will repartition the internal memory of your ZTE Skate/Monte Carlo. They will also flash Clockwork recovery. Your data will be wiped, so backup anything you want to keep before you start. Your sdcard should be unaffected, but backup just in case. Be aware that depending on the layout you change to, your backup and some roms may not fit. 2MB cache versions will only work properly with a rom that redirects cache (eg. CM7).

In all TPTs the boot and recovery partition sizes have been changed to 5MB (from 4MB and 6MB respectively). This should fix the errors present in some of the earlier TPTs. The TPTs contain partition.mbn, appsboothd.mbn, appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn as well as Clockwork recovery as boot.img and recovery.img and a blank system.img.

Whenever you flash a TPT, there's also a chance of bricking your phone, make sure you're charged up (remove the charger before you start) and use them at your own risk. Make sure you check the md5sums before you use these. There's one for before and after you unzip it (check the nandroid.md5 file in the zip).

Option 1: 150MB system, 35MB cache, 255MB data mirror

MD5sum: 9ded013763541d3ccacea94d99d6f645

Option 2: 200MB system, 35MB cache, 205MB data mirror

MD5sum: 790f6b04654a2abfde9ed2ae75b91fec

Option 3: 150MB system, 2MB cache, 288MB data mirror

MD5sum: a9a4fe7c802b035b8dd0298ea39fbd5a

Option 4: 200MB system, 2MB cache, 238MB data mirror

MD5sum: 48bd788c6c3753d1f599b71f0560241e

Returning to stock:

You can return to the stock layout by flashing the stock TPT for your country. Here is the Orange UK TPT.

Instructions:

After downloading, check the md5sum.

Unzip the file to the root of your sdcard. You should end up with a folder called "image" on the root of your sdcard with a image.bin file and a nandroid.md5 file inside it.

Check the md5sum of the image.bin file matches the one written in the nandroid.md5 file.

Turn your phone off and take the battery out.

Put the battery back in and power on holding the vol+ and menu buttons.

You should see green text appear on the screen, then once its finished you should boot into Clockwork recovery.

Flash your chosen rom and reboot.

If the TPT won't start, try using a different sdcard. Some just don't like TPTs.

Warnings:

Delete the image folder once you're done to prevent accidental flashing.

Check the md5sums. If they don't match, delete it and try downloading again.

No guarantees. I don't have a Skate to try it on, and even if I did, it might not work on your's.

Edited by Amphoras

How you earn this? For me 200MB system, 2MB cache, 218MB data. You have plus 20MB memory, did you resized more partitions?

first one has 288 data,now take 50 from that,and you have 238 ;)

There is no extra space.

Or are you just saying that when you set partitions that you are 20mb short ?

Edited by Guest

Guest Indiant

first one has 288 data,now take 50 from that,and you have 238 ;)

There is no extra space.

Or are you just saying that when you set partitions that you are 20mb short ?

My ZTE Skate's partitions together 420MB agains the Monte Carlo's 454,5MB. I wonder why is that difference?

Guest Amphoras

Nice one :D

The 2mb cache versions,will they only be good for cm7,as that redirects cache to sd ?

Yeah, the 2mb cache ones will only work properly with a rom that redirects cache.

How you earn this? For me 200MB system, 2MB cache, 218MB data. You have plus 20MB memory, did you resized more partitions?

The stock Monte Carlo TPT had 57.5MB cache, 220MB system and 162.5MB data. I took 55.5MB from cache and 20MB from system so adding an extra 75.5MB to data which gives 238MB in total. Maybe the one you started from has a different base layout?

Guest Indiant

The stock Monte Carlo TPT had 57.5MB cache, 220MB system and 162.5MB data. I took 55.5MB from cache and 20MB from system so adding an extra 75.5MB to data which gives 238MB in total. Maybe the one you started from has a different base layout?

Yes. It isn't important, that a Skate came up with 2.3.5, the Monte Carlo with 2.3.4. the stock TPT's layout was for me 57.5MB cache, 200MB system and 162.5MB data.

It is possibe that there is 20MB unused space?????

Guest Amphoras

Yes. It isn't important, that a Skate came up with 2.3.5, the Monte Carlo with 2.3.4. the stock TPT's layout was for me 57.5MB cache, 200MB system and 162.5MB data.

It is possibe that there is 20MB unused space?????

Could you upload your partition_zte.mbn file? Stock or the one you edited.

Edit: Doesn't matter, I think I took 20MB from the OEM partition as well and added it to data.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest Indiant

Could you upload your partition_zte.mbn file? Stock or the one you edited.

Edit: Doesn't matter, I think I took 20MB from the OEM partition as well and added it to data.

Stock:

FW.ZIP

Edited by Indiant

Guest Indiant

Yeah, the OEM partition is 21MB in that, and 1MB in my ones. Not sure whether the Monte Carlo one started as 1MB or if I changed it to that, will check it when I get home.

Ok, I have shorted OEM to 1MB and gave it to DATA. It works.

Guest atillaahun

Nice one :D

The 2mb cache versions,will they only be good for cm7,as that redirects cache to sd ?

I red that Elitemóvil also redirects cache, but not to Data, like CM does (which makes no sense at all for meblink.gif), but to the RAM, so that's even better. Bluemonte doesn't have redirection at all as far as I know, and I'm not aware of other Roms. I'd also be curious about them.

Yeah, the OEM partition is 21MB in that, and 1MB in my ones. Not sure whether the Monte Carlo one started as 1MB or if I changed it to that, will check it when I get home.

And what does OEM stand for? And the rest above the 440 MB?

Edited by atillaahun

I red that Elitemóvil also redirects cache, but not to Data, like CM does (which makes no sense at all for meblink.gif), but to the RAM, so that's even better. Bluemonte doesn't have redirection at all as far as I know, and I'm not aware of other Roms. I'd also be curious about them.

And what does OEM stand for? And the rest above the 440 MB?

I think Elitemovil redirects cache to SD :mellow:

OEM: Original Equipment mManufacturers

The rest above 440 is distributed through the remaining partitions.

Where did you read that? Wouldn't be a bad solution anyway, just a bit slower then RAM I guess.

I read in the flashing script from that ROM:

run_program("/system/xbin/move_cache_sd");
And this script reads this:
#!/system/bin/sh

/system/xbin/busybox mkdir /system/sd/dalvik-cache

/system/xbin/busybox chmod 777 /system/sd/dalvik-cache

/system/xbin/busybox cp /data/dalvik-cache/* /system/sd/dalvik-cache

/system/xbin/busybox rm -rf /data/dalvik-cache

/system/xbin/busybox ln -s /system/sd/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

echo x > /data/.dalvikcache

Now that I look closer this refers to dalvik-cache... <_<

Guest glossywhite

I don't get why people spend more time fiddling around and modding their mobile phones, than actually using them.

Seriously, just use one ROM, stick with it and live a life.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Amphoras

Posted this in the other thread, but since its being discussed here as well will post it here too.

Yeah, I saw, I edited too. But you're saying after all, that ~60 MB we missing from the 512 Mb doesn't even exist?

So we're just the victims of ZTE's marketing? ohmy.gif

The full 512MB is used. If you go with the first TPT from the other thread you have 150MB system, 35MB cache, 255MB data. So that's 440MB straight off. You have 5MB for each of recovery and boot, 1.5MB for splash, 0.5MB for misc, 1MB for OEM and 1.5MB for persist. This gives you a total of 454.5MB. If you look at the offset of the first partition (recovery) you'll notice its 0x1CC and not 0. 0x1CC is 57.5MB and 454.5 + 57.5 = 512. This 57.5MB at the start is used for the radio partitions (amss.mbn etc.) so you can't use this.

It is possible to get a little bit of extra space from the other partitions. You could reduce misc, OEM and persist to 0.125MB and reduce splash to 1.125MB. This would give you another 2.5MB for data. However the tiny bit of extra space isn't really worth the trouble. I don't know what, if anything, misc and persist are used for so changing then might cause problems. OEM should be safe enough to change, but you're getting less than 1MB extra space. If you start taking stuff off the splash partition, then it can cause problems if some of the blocks are corrupted. For the tiny (0.375MB) bit of extra space you could get off it its just not worth it.

Guest atillaahun
Now that I look closer this refers to dalvik-cache... <_<

InteRESTing. But cache and dalvik-cache aren't the same, are they? Just cause I thought that dalvik-cache is in the RAM, which would make no sense to redirect to the SD.

Or do I completely lost?

I don't get why people spend more time fiddling around and modding their mobile phones, than actually using them.

Thanks for the advice, but the thing is, I have a sad and empty life sad.gif, that's why I try to fill in with some exciting mobile modding. rolleyes.gif But if that's not gonna work in long term, than I'll have a cat.

Or 2.laugh.gif

Edited by atillaahun

Do you mean Lalit, tillaz, and all other devs should stop making ROMs? Pffff....

Guest glossywhite

Thanks for the advice, but the thing is, I have a sad and empty life sad.gif, that's why I try to fill in with some exciting mobile modding. rolleyes.gif But if that's not gonna work in long term, than I'll have a cat.

Or 2.laugh.gif

I said "live a life", I was not implying you do not have one. Life is a gift, never to be wasted or squandered on fruitless pursuits of self-entertainment. This is my opinion, and mobile phones are not an essential component in living a fulfilled life. That was my only point, I see SO SO many people on here, and they seem to spend 24 hours a day here... that saddens me.

Guest atillaahun

I said "live a life", I was not implying you do not have one. Life is a gift, never to be wasted or squandered on fruitless pursuits of self-entertainment. This is my opinion, and mobile phones are not an essential component in living a fulfilled life. That was my only point, I see SO SO many people on here, and they seem to spend 24 hours a day here... that saddens me.

Well, I'd rather not take this into philosophical heights, cause I won't be able to stop, so I just simple disagree with you on life, which is a gift, since I always considered it as a burden, which apparently suck for even more and more people.

I really wouldn't mind if suddenly someone just step to me, and shoot me in the head. But until it happens I'll do my best to survive, and not hurt others in the meantime.

If you feel sorry for me, just don't, neither do I nor you gonna feel better from it.

Edited by atillaahun

Guest glossywhite

Well, I'd rather not take this into philosophical heights, cause I won't be able to stop, so I just simple disagree with you on life, which is a gift, since I always considered it as a burden, which apparently suck for even more and more people.

I really wouldn't mind if suddenly someone just step to me, and shoot me in the head. But until it happens I'll do my best to survive, and not hurt others in the meantime.

If you feel sorry for me, just don't, neither do I nor you gonna feel better from it.

I love you man, you're a good guy. :)

Guest TouchyAndalou

LOL

Guest dadashi

glossywhite, you're here 24/7 as well....:lol:

I spent £149 on my OMC which is also a hobby.....but you're right, its sad seeing grown men spending evenings staring at a black plastic slab...nerds

seriously though when the roms really get sorted out, no more problems, no incompatibility, decent video recording, good battery life etc....then there won't be any reason to look in the forum...

I used the same cm7 on my blade without changing for several months because it's perfect....

Edited by dadashi