• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

atillaahun

atillaahun

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

I said "live a life", I was not implying you do not have one. Life is a gift, never to be wasted or squandered on fruitless pursuits of self-entertainment. This is my opinion, and mobile phones are not an essential component in living a fulfilled life. That was my only point, I see SO SO many people on here, and they seem to spend 24 hours a day here... that saddens me.

Well, I'd rather not take this into philosophical heights, cause I won't be able to stop, so I just simple disagree with you on life, which is a gift, since I always considered it as a burden, which apparently suck for even more and more people.
I really wouldn't mind if suddenly someone just step to me, and shoot me in the head. But until it happens I'll do my best to survive, and not hurt others in the meantime.
If you feel sorry for me, just don't, neither do I nor you gonna feel better from it.

Edited by atillaahun, 21 November 2011 - 06:55 PM.

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Well, I'd rather not take this into philosophical heights, cause I won't be able to stop, so I just simple disagree with you on life, which is a gift, since I always considered it as a burden, which apparently suck for even more and more people.
I really wouldn't mind if suddenly someone just step to me, and shoot me in the head. But until it happens I'll do my best to survive, and not hurt others in the meantime.
If you feel sorry for me, just don't, neither do I nor you gonna feel better from it.

I love you man, you're a good guy. :)

TouchyAndalou

TouchyAndalou

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

I said "live a life", I was not implying you do not have one. Life is a gift, never to be wasted or squandered on fruitless pursuits of self-entertainment. This is my opinion, and mobile phones are not an essential component in living a fulfilled life. That was my only point, I see SO SO many people on here, and they seem to spend 24 hours a day here... that saddens me.

LOL

dadashi

dadashi

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Devices:MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D

glossywhite, you're here 24/7 as well....:lol:
I spent £149 on my OMC which is also a hobby.....but you're right, its sad seeing grown men spending evenings staring at a black plastic slab...nerds

seriously though when the roms really get sorted out, no more problems, no incompatibility, decent video recording, good battery life etc....then there won't be any reason to look in the forum...

I used the same cm7 on my blade without changing for several months because it's perfect....

Edited by dadashi, 21 November 2011 - 10:51 PM.

MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D

Chris_67

Chris_67

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Guess what!
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, ZTE Skate
OK guys - Stop here! Too much OT again!
Let's concentrate on TPT and Partitions.

Indiant

Indiant

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia, ZTE Blade&Skate
Amphoras,

there is a possibility to TPT appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn with the original boot.img without rom?

xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Amphoras,

there is a possibility to TPT appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn with the original boot.img without rom?

Find Amphoras's explanation here

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Can't get one to flash for some reason. MD5 is ok. image folder on sd root. Remove battery and power on whilst holding volume up and menu.

Indiant

Indiant

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Find Amphoras's explanation here

Thanks, I didn't noticed that post. Now clear for me too.

Anyway, our forum partner (ZTE tester) created a brick when he applied the original ZTE TPT. He said the process was done 100% success and after that the phone never woke up again. It was a carrier free version directly from ZTE, max. a month old.

Edited by Indiant, 22 November 2011 - 05:04 PM.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Thanks, I didn't noticed that post. Now clear for me too.

Anyway, our forum partner (ZTE tester) created a brick when he applied the original ZTE TPT. He said the process was done 100% success and after that the phone never woke up again. It was a carrier free version directly from ZTE, max. a month old.

Is there nothing coming from it at all? Does he get any response when taking the battery out and plugging it into a computer holding both volume buttons?

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

Indiant

Indiant

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Is there nothing coming from it at all? Does he get any response when taking the battery out and plugging it into a computer holding both volume buttons?

Nothing, ZTE will send the phone to China to replace it is unrepairable.

Edited by Indiant, 23 November 2011 - 10:12 AM.

Coffer52

Coffer52

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300, Jiayu g3

655 posts a bit of pot calling the kettle here mate! LOL!!

stiefanu

stiefanu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate
Sorry my ignorance, but how to check md5 sum? in the nandroid.md5 there's a different md5sum from the one written in the first post. However i check the md5sum with a tool and it gave me no error!
Can i flash it?

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Devices:See sig

I don't get why people spend more time fiddling around and modding their mobile phones, than actually using them.

Seriously, just use one ROM, stick with it and live a life.

Ever considered people might enjoy tinkering with technology as a hobby? Topics like these are great as they only serve to help people get the most out of their device.

Anyway to everyone else, which tpt would work best for atomic 2.0? I'm running a little low on internal storage even after using the native a2sd and don't want to use any a2ext methods. In fact is there any way to make a custom tpt if I cut a few things from the rom? Cheers.

Nasty budget phones, begone! Hello sexy brand new Galaxy S2!

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Sorry my ignorance, but how to check md5 sum? in the nandroid.md5 there's a different md5sum from the one written in the first post. However i check the md5sum with a tool and it gave me no error!
Can i flash it?

There are quite a few apps in the market that can check the md5sum's for you. The md5sum in the first post is for the zip file (to make sure it downloaded properly), the md5sum in the nandroid.md5 file is for the image.bin inside the zip (to make sure it unzipped properly).

Ever considered people might enjoy tinkering with technology as a hobby? Topics like these are great as they only serve to help people get the most out of their device.

Anyway to everyone else, which tpt would work best for atomic 2.0? I'm running a little low on internal storage even after using the native a2sd and don't want to use any a2ext methods. In fact is there any way to make a custom tpt if I cut a few things from the rom? Cheers.

Check how much space the rom uses in the system partition just now (type df -h in the terminal emulator app) and then you can choose whichever one gives you enough space. If the rom redirects cache somewhere, then you can use the 2MB cache one. If not, then use the 35MB cache one.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4
160mb system would be nice

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

160mb system would be nice

Working on adding support for the Skate to the TPT Helper app. Once its done you will be able to choose what partition sizes you want (90-220MB for system, 2-60MB for cache, rest for data, in 1MB steps). If you want to try testing it, send me a PM.

Edited by Amphoras, 19 December 2011 - 11:24 PM.

TPTs and other apps

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Devices:See sig
Just added a +1 thanks to your first post as I am know running a nice, slim partitioned CM7 as my main driver. Awesome work man B).

Nasty budget phones, begone! Hello sexy brand new Galaxy S2!

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Devices:Xiaomi MI-2s 32GB
Can these TPT's be used on all 3 models? (ZTE skate, orange montecarlo and MEDION P4310)

Can this package: "Great Britain Monte Carlo T card upgrading instruction & software package"
be used for de-bricking on all 3 models, because im wrighting a part on de-bricking for my beginners tutorial. Im adding it as alast resort solution, if you cant get into clockworkmod and fastboot anymore.

So if i understand it right when you cant boot into android anymore, you could use THIS TPT and you wil be able to boot again.Then afterwards you can flash back to your stock ROM?

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 27 December 2011 - 11:46 AM.

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Devices:Xiaomi MI-2s 32GB
Ive writen a part on debricking, can anyone please read this to make sure what im saying is right before i add it to the tutorial.

LINK

There is no MD5 file for the TPT from the official ZTE site. I will add a part on checking MD5 sums etc and repartitioning later...

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 27 December 2011 - 11:44 AM.

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users