• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Can these TPT's be used on all 3 models? (ZTE skate, orange montecarlo and MEDION P4310)

Can this package: "Great Britain Monte Carlo T card upgrading instruction & software package"
be used for de-bricking on all 3 models, because im wrighting a part on de-bricking for my beginners tutorial. Im adding it as alast resort solution, if you cant get into clockworkmod and fastboot anymore.

So if i understand it right when you cant boot into android anymore, you could use THIS TPT and you wil be able to boot again.Then afterwards you can flash back to your stock ROM?

It should probably be ok to use on all 3. If you use that TPT, then you will boot into the stock Orange rom after its finished. If you just want to recover your phone, you can also use one of the other TPTs which will flash Clockwork so you can flash whatever rom you want. The Orange TPT has stock everything, so if you don't want to stay on that rom you'll have to flash Clockwork again.

Ive writen a part on debricking, can anyone please read this to make sure what im saying is right before i add it to the tutorial.

LINK

There is no MD5 file for the TPT from the official ZTE site. I will add a part on checking MD5 sums etc and repartitioning later...

For the Clockwork part I would add that you can also just wipe all data (factory reset, cache and dalvik cache) and flash a new rom if you don't have a backup/don't want to flash one.

For the fastboot part, it may be worth nothing that there is a size limit on the images you can flash through fastboot. I can't remember what it is, but if your backup is bigger than that then you can always just flash Clockwork to recovery, then follow the previous section.

For the TPT section, as I said above, you only need to use the TPT for your country if you want to use that rom/return to stock. If you're going to flash a custom rom, then you can use any working TPT that has the layout you want.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

RadioCharlie

RadioCharlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X P990
  • Twitter:@CharlieDavy
Daft post, I'm afraid - I just can't get the TPT file to work upon boot-up with any key-combination. I've tried Vol+ and Menu, Vol+ and Pwr etc but it boots straight into CM7. I've got the image folder on the SD card with the 2 files in. I've read conflicting posts about how to actually get this TPT to boot and re-partition, hence the various key-combinations.

Charlie
"I discovered salt and created FM radio..."

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Daft post, I'm afraid - I just can't get the TPT file to work upon boot-up with any key-combination. I've tried Vol+ and Menu, Vol+ and Pwr etc but it boots straight into CM7. I've got the image folder on the SD card with the 2 files in. I've read conflicting posts about how to actually get this TPT to boot and re-partition, hence the various key-combinations.

Make sure the image folder is on the root of the sdcard (guessing it probably is from what you've said). If it is, then try with another sdcard if you can. For some reason some sdcards just don't work with TPTs.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

RadioCharlie

RadioCharlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I did also try 2 different microSD cards, the 2GB Sandisk that came with my 9300 Curve and the current 8GB Kingston card. What is the EXACT key-combination required? I've seen several different posts with different methods!

Charlie

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

I did also try 2 different microSD cards, the 2GB Sandisk that came with my 9300 Curve and the current 8GB Kingston card. What is the EXACT key-combination required? I've seen several different posts with different methods!

I think I just used vol+ and power, but some people have said they needed vol+, menu and power. It may depend on your device, it varied on the ZTE Blade as well.

TPTs and other apps

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,860 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Moto X

I think I just used vol+ and power, but some people have said they needed vol+, menu and power. It may depend on your device, it varied on the ZTE Blade as well.

any chance of 160mb system 35mb cache Posted Image

bob214

bob214

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:OSF and OMC

Post your email and I'll send the files.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD

160mb would be perfect for atomic :D
The one thing I miss about cm7 the most,is to have 300mb internal so no need for apps2sd.But this depends upon the roms ability to redirect cache to sd.
@tillaz,would you be able to have cache redirect on next atomic release ?

Edited by jikobutsu, 28 December 2011 - 12:27 PM.

RadioCharlie

RadioCharlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Thanks, I tried all possible combinations including a 3rd microSD card, it just keeps booting direct into CM7. I'm still a bit new to 'droid but what I've done so far is take the stock OMC phone, put Clockwork on it, flash it with CM7 and now I'm trying to re-do the partition to get some more data storage (I know about Link2SD, that's for later). I see some people are flashing files from the ZTE site - Do I need to revert to "stock" or have I got the duff SD card issue that has been forewarned?!

I've got about 45MB free at present, I'd like a bit more so if I can re-jig the partition I'll be rather happy.

Charlie

RadioCharlie

RadioCharlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Sorted it - I flashed a stock ZTE ROM into the phone and then used the "Update from SD Card" menu option in "About Phone" - this rebooted it and did the TPT partition. Just put CM7 back on and re-doing my apps via Titanium :) Fun fun fun...

Charlie

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

http://bit.ly/twmNpY
MD5sum: 09f0a15a03236b242a384104303321c2

Sorted it - I flashed a stock ZTE ROM into the phone and then used the "Update from SD Card" menu option in "About Phone" - this rebooted it and did the TPT partition. Just put CM7 back on and re-doing my apps via Titanium :) Fun fun fun...

Glad that worked, was going to be my next suggestion :).

TPTs and other apps

RadioCharlie

RadioCharlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Glad that worked, was going to be my next suggestion :).

It's amazing what a bottle of Grolsch can do for your lateral-thinking :) Got 71MB free now and that's with everything restored to the phone's memory so I'm rather pleased with that. Going to move a few of the non-essential ones to the SD card but I've got plenty of wiggle-room for now :)

Charlie

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Devices:None :(

It should probably be ok to use on all 3. If you use that TPT, then you will boot into the stock Orange rom after its finished. If you just want to recover your phone, you can also use one of the other TPTs which will flash Clockwork so you can flash whatever rom you want. The Orange TPT has stock everything, so if you don't want to stay on that rom you'll have to flash Clockwork again.

For the Clockwork part I would add that you can also just wipe all data (factory reset, cache and dalvik cache) and flash a new rom if you don't have a backup/don't want to flash one.

For the fastboot part, it may be worth nothing that there is a size limit on the images you can flash through fastboot. I can't remember what it is, but if your backup is bigger than that then you can always just flash Clockwork to recovery, then follow the previous section.

For the TPT section, as I said above, you only need to use the TPT for your country if you want to use that rom/return to stock. If you're going to flash a custom rom, then you can use any working TPT that has the layout you want.

Thanks for the help, i edited it yesterday. i changed the clockworkmod part like you said. I added a part on flashing CWM in the fastboot section, and for the TPT i dont understand what you mean by: you only need to use the TPT for your country... Im from belgium, there is no TPT for my country as far as i know there is only one stock TPT or am i wrong? Anyway i edited that part as wel.

And the fastboot file limit is 200mb, but what is the best methode to go to stock then? flashing a clockworkmod backup and then your stock recovery afterwards trough fastboot?

Because the backup in the medion topic has al the stock partitions, but you cant flash it trough clockworkmod since it has no MD5 file and it also has a splash partition.

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Thanks for the help, i edited it yesterday. i changed the clockworkmod part like you said. I added a part on flashing CWM in the fastboot section, and for the TPT i dont understand what you mean by: you only need to use the TPT for your country... Im from belgium, there is no TPT for my country as far as i know there is only one stock TPT or am i wrong? Anyway i edited that part as wel.

And the fastboot file limit is 200mb, but what is the best methode to go to stock then? flashing a clockworkmod backup and then your stock recovery afterwards trough fastboot?

Because the backup in the medion topic has al the stock partitions, but you cant flash it trough clockworkmod since it has no MD5 file and it also has a splash partition.

There are other stock roms in this thread, don't know what countries they are for though. If those are the ones with all the separate files then you can probably flash the same way as is done for unlocking the phone. It should also be possible to build them into an image.bin TPT if they aren't already, and flash it that way. If there isn't a TPT for your country, but you have some of the files, then you can probably flash them with Clockwork or fastboot for the system.img etc, the ones that can't be flashed from there you can always do via fastboot. I think there is a way to flash a splash.img through Clockwork in one of the Blade theme threads, but I can't remember it. You can also just do it through fastboot, it should always be small enough.

TPTs and other apps

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,860 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Moto X

http://bit.ly/twmNpY
MD5sum: 09f0a15a03236b242a384104303321c2

thanks, this will be perfect for atomic Posted Image

spuddled

spuddled

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
Im having a little trouble trying to flash the TPT. Im running CM7 but when I try to flash the TPT in recovery mode it just keeps telling me "No files found". I have put the image folder on the root of the SD and I have used two different SD cards but it still cant find files. :(

What usually happens when the TPT dosn't like the SD card?

Please help, I really need more internal space desperately.

cheers

teemo

teemo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Medion P4310 - CM7 Powered

Im having a little trouble trying to flash the TPT. Im running CM7 but when I try to flash the TPT in recovery mode it just keeps telling me "No files found". I have put the image folder on the root of the SD and I have used two different SD cards but it still cant find files.

cheers

/sdcard/image/image.bin

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Devices:None :(

Im having a little trouble trying to flash the TPT. Im running CM7 but when I try to flash the TPT in recovery mode it just keeps telling me "No files found". I have put the image folder on the root of the SD and I have used two different SD cards but it still cant find files. :(

cheers

The solution is on this page ;) post 50

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 29 December 2011 - 09:32 PM.

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

cheers

If it doesn't like the sdcard, it just won't do anything and will just boot as normal. Your problem is that you are trying to flash it in recovery. Go back to the first post and read the instructions again.

TPTs and other apps

Smash41

Smash41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Advent Vega
Noob Alert!!

Could someone post a step by step on how to check the MD5sum please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users