Now available: a fixed / tweaked Tweetdeck release from @paulobrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kerrhome

Also it would be great if my bluetooth mouse wheel scrolled the lists. My mouse wheel works with other apps, but I did not look into the api to see how hard it is to enable.

Guest pgastwirth

I have a Galaxy Nexus CDMA and ever since yesterday's update I am unable to like any posts in Facebook. I keep getting "Failed liking the post tap to retry" message.

This is version r18

Also is there anyway to add the way to preview images from the website whosay

Loving the pinterest image update :)

Guest bitoclass

Paul, this is brilliant - thanks for doing this! I've been frustrated by the lack of even simple updates (e.g. the Lockerz thing) for TweetDeck so was delighted to hear of TweakDeck this evening.

A few other things I'd love the app to do, if possible:

1. Let you remove (as well as add) Twitter accounts. No '-' button next to those, only next to Facebook etc. Never understood this in TweetDeck!

2. Let you choose the order the added accounts are displayed in along the top of the compose window, so you can have your most-used accounts showing and your least-used on the 'more' list (yes, I have a lot of Twitter accounts!)

3. t.co link creation - so you can just put full-length links in the compose box and have TweakDeck calculate the length after t.co conversion, but without you having to obfuscate your link by converting it to a bit.ly address. (In other words, the same functionality as official Twitter apps/sites offer on the URL front, since this is a very rare thing that they get right!)

4. Choose custom colours for the interface (as you could in desktop TweetDeck - before Twitter spoilt that as well!)

5. Jump straight to the Search box using the Search button (or in my Galaxy S2's case, long-pressing the Menu button, which is its equivalent of a Search button).

6. Better resilience with sending tweets, especially when uploading pictures. At the moment, when you send a tweet or upload a picture, you get an item logged in the notifications screen showing it uploading/tweeting. I'd like to be able to click that and get options like 'restart' and 'cancel' for those times when, for whatever reason, the tweet just gets stuck at sending for ages, or worse still the upload completely freezes at x% for half an hour and you know if you kill it you'll lose the caption you painstakingly typed! Er, not that I've been frustrated by this often or anything... (The 'cancel' option would also be useful for those moments when you tweet something and then immediately realise you didn't mean to!)

Those are the first six I could think of, anyway - apologies if I come back with more requests later, and thanks again for your work on this app!

Guest Kismet010

* Features *

FILTER BY WORDS!!!

Also a way to go to first-final column, like touching on title to go up to the last tweet. I hace 12 columns and it's painful to do 12 swipes if I want to see the opposite!

I know it's imposible but... it would be awesome to make tweakdeck able to sync with anothe desktop client (hootsuite, seesmic...) and let it know about already readed tweets.

* Bug *

Botton of the screen doesn't look correctly on HTC Wildfire (Buzz). It cut, for example, while twitting. So adding users (I think it's down location button) is imposible.

Thanks for the app!

Guest JThumar

How to create a username on this ? I downloaded this on my skate added FB account manually but the 'Done' button does not get enabled !!

Guest moonrock

I love you beyond words for making TweakDeck. I have been so sad that the development of TD Android died once Twitter bought them!

I have a few requests (as I'm sure everyone else does):

* Ability to refresh a column sooner than 3 min - other clients allow for as low as 5 sec (which yes, is ridiculous) but could we get at least 1min refresh?

* Inclusion of a Twitlonger of some sort, now that Deck.ly is gone, I desperately miss it for those times I really would like to say more!

* Muting by keyword (it's in the desktop app, so.. maybe?)

* As mentioned lots previously: Landscape modes across all screens, I don't understand why it is only in the timeline and tweet screens.

* G+ would be awesome (maybe then I'd actually use it? ;))

Random though: As others have asked, what *IS* the purpose of the map icon? I really have never understood and I've been using TD since the beta versions.

Guest Hackworth

Awesome app. A suggestion:

On list columns, currently it will only refresh a single page's worth of tweets, and it just adds it on top of the existing tweets, not accounting for any time gap between them, making it impossible to get load any tweets from that gap. Having a marker for where the gap starts, with a "load more tweets" button or something, would be much appreciated.

Guest ToNGoOFy

hi, i installed the app from the market but can't seem to add any widgets. It's just not on the widget list. I'm using htc desire hd. Thanks!

Guest Nelson W.

The only missing feature its pulldown to refresh!! This is the best android client for android! The ONLY 1 that remembers your last readed tweet!! Thanks Paul!

Guest Shawtii28

I love Tweakdeck.. I just have one problem.. When I copy a FB url ofa pic & paste it into my browser it don't go to the picture I want to see..it just goes to FB, my news feed.. & when I hit share and try to send the pic in a txt or post it on Tweakdeck to share it shows the message as null.. the pic won't show up..is there any way u can fix that.. thanks..

Guest guilhermedsx

I just went into http://www.getlocali...com/paulobrien/ and finished Portuguese (Brazilian) [translated everything that wasn't yet translated + corrected everything that was wrong or machine translated]. It should be ready to go. Awaiting for approval, I guess.

Also finished the Portuguese (Portugal), but didn't make any checks on whatever was already translated.

This is an amazing project, guys! I'm glad to help in anything I can!

I noticed that it still says "tweeted from TweetDeck" on my tweets. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say "tweeted from TweakDeck on Android"?

Edited by guilhermedsx

Guest allyn274

Just a weird question that I've never gotten to ask. Often, I have Facebook friends who show up in my timeline with no update... Like this:

img00051201203210902.jpg

And if I click on it, it looks like this:

img00052201203210902.jpg

What's that about??

LOVE this app. Thanks so much for all the hard work!

Guest PaulOBrien

TweakDeck / TweetDeck for Android users may have noticed that, since around Thursday last week, the applications have been reporting 'incorrect password' when attempting to add Twitter accounts. I have carried out some troubleshooting around this and determined that the problem seems to be caused by an issue with the credentials that TweetDeck uses to connect to Twitter being refused for some operations.

Basically TweetDeck performs your initial password check using a system called 'xauth' and for the TweetDeck developer account, this no longer appears to be working properly. There are 2 potential solutions to this problem. The first is to contact TweetDeck and let them know this is happening (which I have now done) in the hope they'll fix it, the second is to replace TweetDeck's credentials with our own which have working xauth. Unfortunately, Twitter are only allowing xauth access permissions in very limited numbers and under very strict conditions, so this isn't something that can be implemented quickly, if even at all (although I have applied for these permissions).

In the interim, the best way to get the app working is to sign up with a TweetDeck account via the web or desktop products, add your Twitter accounts in there (which doesn't use xauth), then sign in with the same account on your phone.

I'll be updating this topic as and when I have new information, also follow @tweakdeck and @paulobrien for the latest.

P

Update: I've had a reply back from TweetDeck already who have confirmed they are looking into the issue.

Update 2: There we go... reply from TweetDeck thanking me for bringing this to their attention and confirming it's now resolved. :)

Guest Jaimejdavila

Great to see this development. I just have two quick feature requests that I was hoping tweetdeck to develop: autocompletion of @ addresses, and being able to manage lists from within the app.

Great work!