* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

guilhermedsx

guilhermedsx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I just went into http://www.getlocali...com/paulobrien/ and finished Portuguese (Brazilian) [translated everything that wasn't yet translated + corrected everything that was wrong or machine translated]. It should be ready to go. Awaiting for approval, I guess.
Also finished the Portuguese (Portugal), but didn't make any checks on whatever was already translated.

This is an amazing project, guys! I'm glad to help in anything I can!

I noticed that it still says "tweeted from TweetDeck" on my tweets. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say "tweeted from TweakDeck on Android"?

Edited by guilhermedsx, 21 March 2012 - 04:25 AM.

allyn274

allyn274

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just a weird question that I've never gotten to ask. Often, I have Facebook friends who show up in my timeline with no update... Like this:

Posted Image

And if I click on it, it looks like this:

Posted Image

What's that about??

LOVE this app. Thanks so much for all the hard work!

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
TweakDeck / TweetDeck for Android users may have noticed that, since around Thursday last week, the applications have been reporting 'incorrect password' when attempting to add Twitter accounts. I have carried out some troubleshooting around this and determined that the problem seems to be caused by an issue with the credentials that TweetDeck uses to connect to Twitter being refused for some operations.

Basically TweetDeck performs your initial password check using a system called 'xauth' and for the TweetDeck developer account, this no longer appears to be working properly. There are 2 potential solutions to this problem. The first is to contact TweetDeck and let them know this is happening (which I have now done) in the hope they'll fix it, the second is to replace TweetDeck's credentials with our own which have working xauth. Unfortunately, Twitter are only allowing xauth access permissions in very limited numbers and under very strict conditions, so this isn't something that can be implemented quickly, if even at all (although I have applied for these permissions).

In the interim, the best way to get the app working is to sign up with a TweetDeck account via the web or desktop products, add your Twitter accounts in there (which doesn't use xauth), then sign in with the same account on your phone.

I'll be updating this topic as and when I have new information, also follow @tweakdeck and @paulobrien for the latest.

P

Update: I've had a reply back from TweetDeck already who have confirmed they are looking into the issue.

Update 2: There we go... reply from TweetDeck thanking me for bringing this to their attention and confirming it's now resolved. :)

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

RyanLupin

RyanLupin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S i9000
  • Twitter:@RyanLupin
What would we do without you? :)

---
Follow me on Twitter: @RyanLupin

Jaimejdavila

Jaimejdavila

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Great to see this development. I just have two quick feature requests that I was hoping tweetdeck to develop: autocompletion of @ addresses, and being able to manage lists from within the app.

Great work!

Kismet010

Kismet010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Feature request:
- Filters (remove tweets that includes some words)
- Integration with Tweet Marker or any way to sync readed tweets
- Some way to switch from the first column to the last one
- Darker/black background to drain less battery
- @autocompletion
Thanks!

Edited by Kismet010, 02 April 2012 - 07:49 PM.

moonrock

moonrock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vibrant with ICS rom
  • Twitter:@moonrock
I seem to suddenly have a bunch of friends using mypict.me as a photo service, can we get this one added? Also, it seems that a lot of URLs that are within a quoted tweet (aka if it says "@Username http://whatever.com" ) the end quote is breaking the picture preview. :)

bsinclair

bsinclair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus Black
Hi guys. Been using this on my phone (LG Optimus Black, running 2.2.2) with no problems at all. Jut got a tabet (Kyros running 2.3.3) and no matter what I do, this can't be installed. Tried the original tweetdeck and it also does not install. Any ideas?

Gooler

Gooler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I just registered here to say a big Thank You! to PaulOBrien for keeping alive TweakDeck.

I would also like to say that filters would be most welcome.

dkodr

dkodr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
  • Twitter:@dkodr
In TweetDeck the tweet composer would nicely resize, while in TweakDeck it doesn't. Can this be fixed?

Attached Thumbnails

• AqXk2J7CAAAs6bW.png

nathans77

nathans77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Bionic
I get random posts from spammers. I use the menu to block those users and they will go away, but today I saw the two I blocked reappear. Why is that?

I've been using TweakDeck and enjoy it very much. Thanks for enhancing the client to what it is now.

RyanLupin

RyanLupin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S i9000
  • Twitter:@RyanLupin
I'm wondering if you have any future plans for TweakDeck.

---
Follow me on Twitter: @RyanLupin

den_breacker

den_breacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
Hi,
Is it possible to add support for pocket?
It would be nice if you could share links automatically from tweakdeck to pocket.

Now you have to open the link in your browser and then share the link to pocket...

dbau

dbau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S
  • Twitter:@dbau
Feature request:

Would it be possible to have a "share button" on the main message window?

Thanks!
dbau

Rafareino

Rafareino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
hi guy,
this is an awesome job, especially the negotiation with twitter team.

I'd suggest that You add another slider in column settings to load images directly in column and adjust the pre-cache resolution.

In this case, I guess that should be better to delay the notification until the images had been cached in the desired resolution.

|================||========|
/\
| /\
| | /\
| | |-> Full screen resolution
| |-> 30% of screen resolution
|-> disabled

This could be greate to see all foto snapshots without need to load them.

Thanks

Edited by Rafareino, 09 June 2012 - 06:02 AM.

zippyioa

zippyioa

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix, cars, technology and my shiny new phones!
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3 & LG O2X

Just a weird question that I've never gotten to ask. Often, I have Facebook friends who show up in my timeline with no update... Like this:

Posted Image

And if I click on it, it looks like this:

Posted Image

What's that about??

LOVE this app. Thanks so much for all the hard work!

I'm getting exactly the same, and its very annoying as everything else works superbly!
I have noticed that the users who show up with no text in their post are iPhone users.... is that the same for you?

Edited by zippyioa, 16 June 2012 - 09:50 AM.

allyn274

allyn274

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'm getting exactly the same, and its very annoying as everything else works superbly!
I have noticed that the users who show up with no text in their post are iPhone users.... is that the same for you?

Yes! Now that you mention it, I do notice this more with iPhone users... Odd. It's the only thing in my opinion that's squirrely about the app.

oceansaber

oceansaber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Would love a search button since the Galaxy Nexus doesn't default with one on the on-screen buttons (unlike your modded one :( ). That would be great, thanks!

spiff81

spiff81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
I'd like to be able to swype from last to first column in one go. With a lot of lists it's a bit cumbersome to swype through all the columns.

Is Tweakdeck opensourced? Is the sourcecode available somewhere?

ElectronicWar

ElectronicWar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
"Bug" Report:
- TweakDeck isn't working very well with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) on my Galaxy Nexus in terms of animations/scrolling.
The scrolling through the timeline is very choppy. Wasn't a problem on 4.0.4 (ICS).

To be precise: The scrolling is fast, but the rendering sort of flickers which makes my brain hurt (maybe an issue with the new 60 FPS interface rendering of Jelly Bean).

Feature Request:
pic.twitter.com support would be great.

Edited by ElectronicWar, 16 July 2012 - 04:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users