Now available: a fixed / tweaked Tweetdeck release from @paulobrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I withdraw the statement below. It looks like there is an issue with the Twitter API this morning. A number of Twitter apps are having the same issue.

It appears that TweakDeck is not capturing every tweet in my timeline. This morning I noticed that approximately 1 out 3 tweets are missing. They appear correctly on the desktop version of TweetDeck but are missing in TweakDeck.

Edited by TAGG73

I have a handful of feature requests:

1. When clicking "follow" I would like to be prompted to select which account I want to follow with.

2. I would like the ability to sort columns without having to delete and re-add them in the preferred order.

3. A thumbnail preview of an image (similar to other twitter clients) would be appreciated

4. Most importantly I would like to see an auto-complete/lookup feature (activated by typing "@") to save time tweeting to a person.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest justdave72

I'd like to echo the request to be able to remove the "Home" and "Me" columns. I have multiple twitter accounts (personal one, and a couple business-related ones) on my tweetdeck account, and multiple android devices, and each device seems to pick one at random to treat as the primary account for the Home page, so I can't get a consistant experience across devices. It also doesn't say which account it actually belongs to at the top, so I have to guess based on which items are showing in it. In order to get a column that has the account names at the top, I have to manually add the same Home column a second time, and just ignore the real one.

Guest moonrock

Your home and me column will always be your default account,and you can set the default account under your "accounts" screen by long pressing on the one you want to be default.

Guest justdave72
you can set the default account under your "accounts" screen by long pressing on the one you want to be default.
Thanks! that's helpful. Now I can at least get them consistent between devices. :)

Guest Vertigo1981

Great app! I always loved the old TweetDeck - by far the best twitter app ever built - and hate that Twitter abandonded it. Good to see it is being developed further now! Just downloaded it on my new Galaxy SIII. Looks and feels great. I'll test drive it a bit further and will then probably download the donate app.

I do have one request, already. I would be great if there would be a function to resize avatar pictures in the streams. Due to the high resolution of the screen on the Galaxy SIII, the avatar pictures turn out rather small. Which is annoying, because I usually recognize persons faster by their avatar than by reading their name. Would be great if I could make the avatar pictures a bit bigger.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest justdave72

Feature request: Currently if you click on the context menu dropdown for a tweet and pick "Share" it shares a text blob containing the entire tweet in addition to the URL to the tweet. This works great if you're planning to email it for example, because you can pick your email client and you wind up with that as the body of the email. Every so often I find myself for some reason or another wanting to view it in my desktop web browser. Emailing it to myself just to be able to click the link is a pain, especially when Chrome and Firefox both have tab sync between the mobile and desktop clients. I'd much rather be able to share just the URL of the tweet, so that I can use the browser as a share target.

My main reason for doing this, however, is because I want to see a tweet in context (what "view conversation" gets you in the twitter web client). Implementing "View conversation" in Tweakdeck would remove my need for this. Implementing "Share URL" would probably be much easier though I'd imagine. :)

Guest justdave72

So I've discovered sometimes there is actually a conversation link right under the tweet when you view it. Sometimes there isn't, when it's something I know someone replied to (and I see the replies in a web browser). Does it only show up if the tweet in question is itself a reply, and not if there are only replies to it?

Guest justdave72

And now I remember why I didn't like the default Home tab, even if I know which account it's set for. Because it's not a clean copy of that account's home timeline. If you tweet anything from any of your accounts, it shows up on that home tab, even if the account you tweeted from wasn't the default one, and your default account doesn't follow the one you tweeted from. To get a clean version of my home timeline for the default account, I still have to add it as a new column and just ignore the default one.

Also on the multiple-account issues, if you share a tweet via email, the subject line of the email always has your default account name in it, even if that's not the account you viewed the tweet from that you're sharing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest justdave72

If you try to follow someone after viewing a tweet by them, it always follows using the default account instead of the account you went through to get at their tweet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest a_dobryn

Hello Paul,

I really like TweakDeck app :) But i have some lags for 2-3 weeks. The reason is, that i don't use main column, i only read my lists, replys, dms and favs. And i have set "update only manually" at main feed, but somehow it updates, and i have, for example, 2 month of unread tweets at main column. I tried to scroll it up and then clean cache, but it did'nt work :( So now i need wait 3-5 minutes till tweakdeck shows me my feed, before i see only dark screen, or it can be crashed with error message. Can i fix my app instance without reinstalling it?

Thank you,

Alexandra.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest IsoNick

For a week or two ago I uninstalled Tweakdeck and begun using the official Twitter client instead. Yesterday I had to install Tweakdeck again. Just for the last week. Tweakdeck from 2011 is SO superior to the current Twitter client.

Which alternatives on Android is there to Tweakdeck? Janetter or maybe Plume?

Guest justdave72

I've been using TweetCaster recently, which has an annoying splash screen, but otherwise is pretty functional (and very pretty). The one feature TweakDeck has that I haven't yet found in another twitter app is the ability to get notifications for new results of a search. It's hard to keep track of people mentioning your brand without that. So I still have TweakDeck installed just for the search notifications until it quits working, and maybe I'll find a client that does that by the time it does.

I haven't tried Janetter or Plume yet, I'll have to look at those.

Guest IsoNick
I haven't tried Janetter or Plume yet, I'll have to look at those.

Janetter is not bad at all. It's very close to Tweakdeck, but still not as simple as that.

I will give Tweetcaster a shot later today I think.

Guest justdave72

I tried out both Plume and Janetter, and both actually look really nice, and either would be a good replacement for TweakDeck, except for the lack of notifications. Janetter doesn't seem to have any at all as far as I can tell. And Plume either has notifications on or not, you can't choose specific things to get them for (like if you have multiple accounts, only alerting on new stuff in a specific account's timeline, or only when certain people tweet, search results, etc).

Plume really seems like the best match for TweakDeck at this point. It still needs a little work to catch up though. On the plus side, I see frequent releases on Google Play, and they have a nice suggestions board that they seem to be paying attention to, so it may get there eventually.