167 replies to this topic

russell1997

russell1997

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Twitter:@KV4S
I just got the S3 2 days ago, I noticed when I installed TweetDeck I no longer had the "Add Picture", "Location", and "add contact" buttons on the compose screen. It also didn't seem to support the new retweet function. It's like whatever it was installing from play was a really old version or something?

Anyway i started looking for a new client and saw TweakDeck and noticed the screens looked identical to TweetDeck so I installed it.
I was shocked it was just like (if it's not the actual program) Tweetdeck with minor differences.

How was this accomplished? Was it open source at one point before twitter bought it? How much control do you have over the program?

If this is still being actively developed I'll be happy to get the donate version. :) :)
Is this the best place for TweakDeck news? Anywhere else?

Great to see this development. I just have two quick feature requests that I was hoping tweetdeck to develop: autocompletion of @ addresses, and being able to manage lists from within the app.

Great work!

+1

Feature request:
- Filters (remove tweets that includes some words)
- Integration with Tweet Marker or any way to sync readed tweets
- Some way to switch from the first column to the last one
- Darker/black background to drain less battery
- @autocompletion
Thanks!

I like all of these +1
i play Star Trek Online and they use the @STO hashtag however tweakdeck searches must put a wildcard after becuase searches aren't limited to that hashtag they include anything after the "O" so like #stoked or #stop shows up.
this works normally on twitter.com searches.

In TweetDeck the tweet composer would nicely resize, while in TweakDeck it doesn't. Can this be fixed?

+1

I'm getting exactly the same, and its very annoying as everything else works superbly!
I have noticed that the users who show up with no text in their post are iPhone users.... is that the same for you?

yes, I don't like this either if i look at facebook.com sometimes these are likes or url shares. i'm guessing tweakdeck just needs to diplay or re-interpret these updates.

oh and +1 for pic.twitter.com support :)

Twitter: @KV4S
Google+: Russell Thomas

mrwadders

mrwadders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks Paul for a great update.

Just some constructive feedback from myself however, as to usability functionality that is missed which makes using this app frustrating for me:

1) The ability to delete 'Home' and 'Me' columns.
2) Or if the above is not possible, the ability to select which column you want as your home column.
3) The ability to move columns around, other than by adding/deleting them in the appropriate order.

The reason for this is, because I follow a lot of people, I have sorted them all into lists. I no longer use the 'home' page, and instead just use the lists. But on this app, I have to always go to the home page, then scroll across to the tweets I want to read. Incredibly frustrating.

4) Also - Tweetdeck for Windows allows you to buffer your tweets by selecting a time to post them. It would be invaluable for me to be able to have this functionality on the Android app too. Currently it seems I can only update tweets live, which again is really frustrating.

Many thanks for letting me add feedback..
Best wishes,
Simon

Edited by mrwadders, 02 August 2012 - 07:33 AM.

Andy2D

Andy2D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
  • Twitter:@Andy2D

In TweetDeck the tweet composer would nicely resize, while in TweakDeck it doesn't. Can this be fixed?

I'd love this too. I use Swype with my Desire HD and when composing a tweet or DM the "send" button is completely covered by the keyboard. You don't get this with TweetDeck - the text box gets resized, keeping the "send" button level with the top of the keyboard/word option thing.

Otherwise a great app! Love that the translate function is included

LeTheAnRo

LeTheAnRo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I have some trouble with favorating tweets with two twitter accounts.

I have two twitter accounts (personal and business). The personal account is the standard account.

All favorite tweets from the business timeline are send to the pernanl accounts favorite list.

i hope you can fix this :)

Regards

LeTheAnRo

jmagee

jmagee

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4; Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@jay84uk
Hi Paul,

Any reason why replying on replies to one person not everyone involved in the tweet you are replying to. E.g if you rt something it relies to the original person only. Useful if it automatically replied to both/ all as other apps do

ine0429

ine0429

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I want two function.

1.removing column of Home.
2.soring column

thanks to give me great app.

FredF

FredF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Vision

Feature request:
- Filters (remove tweets that includes some words)
- Integration with Tweet Marker or any way to sync readed tweets
- Some way to switch from the first column to the last one
- Darker/black background to drain less battery
- @autocompletion
Thanks!

Hi,
I agree with everything, except the darker background if it's not a option.
The old CRT screens were using less power when displaying dark background, and some newer screen too, but on a LCD screen (lots of screens), it doesn't change at all, and it can even be the opposite since when you use a white background with dark text, you can sometimes reduce the backlight more than if you use dark background and white text. (and the backline use more power than the LCD screen itself)

One thing I would like to see is the possibility to choose a column with one timeline for two accounts (same column with different color of background for each account).
At this moment, I only saw Plume as twitter client able to do this thing... it's strange that lots of other clients are offering multi-account function, but never allow to create one column with two accounts.

Edited by FredF, 21 September 2012 - 11:46 PM.

sabret00the

sabret00the

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I would love to see this open sourced and put on git if development isn't ongoing.

zerzoso

zerzoso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Would be great to have global filter like the desktop version of tweetdeck

siedkins

siedkins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Glaxy Nexus
Feature request - number of tweets to download (including in lists)

One of the reasons I switched to TweetLanes was because it would download all tweets between the last time I synced and now. I use Lists extensively and ideally I'd like to download all messages in my lists since I last synced so that I can read them all.

TweakDeck currently downloads more messages in the main feed compared to lists but at the moment that is still leaving me with a time gap. Would there be any way to increase the number of tweets downloaded in lists or follow the functionality of TweetLanes and download them all?

I wish Twitter hadn't changed their rules for clients ....

Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM (Orange UK)
ROM - MCR JR 4.2.1 JOP40D (thanks to Paul)
Baseband - XXLH1
Kernel - franco.Kernel (nightly)
Rooted using Superboot r4 (thanks to Paul)

Retired:
HTC Desire - CM7.1 + tweaks

TAGG73

TAGG73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I withdraw the statement below. It looks like there is an issue with the Twitter API this morning. A number of Twitter apps are having the same issue.

It appears that TweakDeck is not capturing every tweet in my timeline. This morning I noticed that approximately 1 out 3 tweets are missing. They appear correctly on the desktop version of TweetDeck but are missing in TweakDeck.

Edited by TAGG73, 10 December 2012 - 12:57 PM.

TAGG73

TAGG73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a handful of feature requests:

1. When clicking "follow" I would like to be prompted to select which account I want to follow with.
2. I would like the ability to sort columns without having to delete and re-add them in the preferred order.
3. A thumbnail preview of an image (similar to other twitter clients) would be appreciated
4. Most importantly I would like to see an auto-complete/lookup feature (activated by typing "@") to save time tweeting to a person.

Thanks!

justdave72

justdave72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I'd like to echo the request to be able to remove the "Home" and "Me" columns. I have multiple twitter accounts (personal one, and a couple business-related ones) on my tweetdeck account, and multiple android devices, and each device seems to pick one at random to treat as the primary account for the Home page, so I can't get a consistant experience across devices. It also doesn't say which account it actually belongs to at the top, so I have to guess based on which items are showing in it. In order to get a column that has the account names at the top, I have to manually add the same Home column a second time, and just ignore the real one.

moonrock

moonrock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vibrant with ICS rom
  • Twitter:@moonrock
Your home and me column will always be your default account,and you can set the default account under your "accounts" screen by long pressing on the one you want to be default.

justdave72

justdave72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

you can set the default account under your "accounts" screen by long pressing on the one you want to be default.

Thanks! that's helpful. Now I can at least get them consistent between devices. :)

Vertigo1981

Vertigo1981

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SIII
Great app! I always loved the old TweetDeck - by far the best twitter app ever built - and hate that Twitter abandonded it. Good to see it is being developed further now! Just downloaded it on my new Galaxy SIII. Looks and feels great. I'll test drive it a bit further and will then probably download the donate app.

I do have one request, already. I would be great if there would be a function to resize avatar pictures in the streams. Due to the high resolution of the screen on the Galaxy SIII, the avatar pictures turn out rather small. Which is annoying, because I usually recognize persons faster by their avatar than by reading their name. Would be great if I could make the avatar pictures a bit bigger.

justdave72

justdave72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Feature request: Currently if you click on the context menu dropdown for a tweet and pick "Share" it shares a text blob containing the entire tweet in addition to the URL to the tweet. This works great if you're planning to email it for example, because you can pick your email client and you wind up with that as the body of the email. Every so often I find myself for some reason or another wanting to view it in my desktop web browser. Emailing it to myself just to be able to click the link is a pain, especially when Chrome and Firefox both have tab sync between the mobile and desktop clients. I'd much rather be able to share just the URL of the tweet, so that I can use the browser as a share target.

My main reason for doing this, however, is because I want to see a tweet in context (what "view conversation" gets you in the twitter web client). Implementing "View conversation" in Tweakdeck would remove my need for this. Implementing "Share URL" would probably be much easier though I'd imagine. :)

justdave72

justdave72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
So I've discovered sometimes there is actually a conversation link right under the tweet when you view it. Sometimes there isn't, when it's something I know someone replied to (and I see the replies in a web browser). Does it only show up if the tweet in question is itself a reply, and not if there are only replies to it?

justdave72

justdave72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
And now I remember why I didn't like the default Home tab, even if I know which account it's set for. Because it's not a clean copy of that account's home timeline. If you tweet anything from any of your accounts, it shows up on that home tab, even if the account you tweeted from wasn't the default one, and your default account doesn't follow the one you tweeted from. To get a clean version of my home timeline for the default account, I still have to add it as a new column and just ignore the default one.

Also on the multiple-account issues, if you share a tweet via email, the subject line of the email always has your default account name in it, even if that's not the account you viewed the tweet from that you're sharing.

justdave72

justdave72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
If you try to follow someone after viewing a tweet by them, it always follows using the default account instead of the account you went through to get at their tweet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users