• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

a_dobryn

a_dobryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Paul,

I really like TweakDeck app :) But i have some lags for 2-3 weeks. The reason is, that i don't use main column, i only read my lists, replys, dms and favs. And i have set "update only manually" at main feed, but somehow it updates, and i have, for example, 2 month of unread tweets at main column. I tried to scroll it up and then clean cache, but it did'nt work :( So now i need wait 3-5 minutes till tweakdeck shows me my feed, before i see only dark screen, or it can be crashed with error message. Can i fix my app instance without reinstalling it?

Thank you,
Alexandra.

justdave72

justdave72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I'm guessing this app is going away now, since it uses the same Twitter API as TweetDeck, which is going away in May...

https://tweetdeck.po...te-on-tweetdeck

IsoNick

IsoNick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@IsoNick
For a week or two ago I uninstalled Tweakdeck and begun using the official Twitter client instead. Yesterday I had to install Tweakdeck again. Just for the last week. Tweakdeck from 2011 is SO superior to the current Twitter client.

Which alternatives on Android is there to Tweakdeck? Janetter or maybe Plume?

justdave72

justdave72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I've been using TweetCaster recently, which has an annoying splash screen, but otherwise is pretty functional (and very pretty). The one feature TweakDeck has that I haven't yet found in another twitter app is the ability to get notifications for new results of a search. It's hard to keep track of people mentioning your brand without that. So I still have TweakDeck installed just for the search notifications until it quits working, and maybe I'll find a client that does that by the time it does.

I haven't tried Janetter or Plume yet, I'll have to look at those.

IsoNick

IsoNick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I haven't tried Janetter or Plume yet, I'll have to look at those.

Janetter is not bad at all. It's very close to Tweakdeck, but still not as simple as that.

I will give Tweetcaster a shot later today I think.

justdave72

justdave72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I tried out both Plume and Janetter, and both actually look really nice, and either would be a good replacement for TweakDeck, except for the lack of notifications. Janetter doesn't seem to have any at all as far as I can tell. And Plume either has notifications on or not, you can't choose specific things to get them for (like if you have multiple accounts, only alerting on new stuff in a specific account's timeline, or only when certain people tweet, search results, etc).

Plume really seems like the best match for TweakDeck at this point. It still needs a little work to catch up though. On the plus side, I see frequent releases on Google Play, and they have a nice suggestions board that they seem to be paying attention to, so it may get there eventually.

justdave72

justdave72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
And maybe someone will shock us and update TweakDeck for the new API. :)

IsoNick

IsoNick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

And maybe someone will shock us and update TweakDeck for the new API.

Would be nice:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users