rooting,debranding and adding rom to omc

Guest murf95

Hi all, especially developers. Are any of you planning to set out a step by step tutorial on rooting, debranding and setting up a good rom for the Orange Monte Carlo.

I know i had one which did this for the ZTE Blade with cyanogenmod 7 and this worked brilliantly. I wonder if this same tutorial would work for the OMC?

Could i unlock same OMC later when i get the code from Orange after 3months ?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Guest tilal6991
Hi all, especially developers. Are any of you planning to set out a step by step tutorial on rooting, debranding and setting up a good rom for the Orange Monte Carlo.

I know i had one which did this for the ZTE Blade with cyanogenmod 7 and this worked brilliantly. I wonder if this same tutorial would work for the OMC?

Could i unlock same OMC later when i get the code from Orange after 3months ?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks

See sticky threads. Also you can unlock right now.

See sticky threads. Also you can unlock right now.

Thanks for that suggestion. However, being a complete nerd I would probably need the step by step instructions which were published for the Blade. These did not involve a PC but simply everything was done on the phone itself using Clockwork Recovery and Cyangenmod 7 Rom.

Perhaps I'll have to wait - but not too long I hope.

Guest PedroVader

I was exactly the same as you, you just need to read and re-read and then read again.

tilal, tillaz and the rest of the guys have done brilliant work with the OMC, and now we have TPT flashes available, its easier to flash than the Blade if you make a mistake.

Take your time and it'll be easy, I didn't need to unlock as I'm already with Orange, but I did it anyway, as I'm pushing friends with the blade, to go for the Monte/Skate, as I'll be the go to Guy when they need it doing.

What is the best order to do all this stuff in? I'm still on the sidelines reading all this and very keen to buy a Monte Carlo (for unlocking) but as a phone novice I still can't understand half of what I'm reading. Is the first post in tilal6991's tutorial thread the definitive way to unlock the phone and I can ignore all the subsequent posts? At a very basic level, I find it confusing as to what I'm downloading to my computer and whether I need to copy stuff to the phone or whether I'm running files from the computer only or also from the phone. Very wary that I can do some serious damage to the phone, so want to be crystal clear before I start.

I'm also confused with other threads about losing MAC addresses (whatever they are), NVitems Loss (whatever that is) and where the ClockworkMod Recovery thread comes into it?

Also, what is the difference between CyanogenMod Nightlies, Atomic 2.3.5 and Bluemonte 2.3.4? Do they all remove the Orange branding or is that a separate exercise?

Any pointers for this newbie please?

Guest Amphoras

What is the best order to do all this stuff in? I'm still on the sidelines reading all this and very keen to buy a Monte Carlo (for unlocking) but as a phone novice I still can't understand half of what I'm reading. Is the first post in tilal6991's tutorial thread the definitive way to unlock the phone and I can ignore all the subsequent posts? At a very basic level, I find it confusing as to what I'm downloading to my computer and whether I need to copy stuff to the phone or whether I'm running files from the computer only or also from the phone. Very wary that I can do some serious damage to the phone, so want to be crystal clear before I start.

I'm also confused with other threads about losing MAC addresses (whatever they are), NVitems Loss (whatever that is) and where the ClockworkMod Recovery thread comes into it?

Also, what is the difference between CyanogenMod Nightlies, Atomic 2.3.5 and Bluemonte 2.3.4? Do they all remove the Orange branding or is that a separate exercise?

Any pointers for this newbie please?

The MAC address and NVitems things were before the unlock was perfected. Now you just have to follow the first post in tilal6991's thread and you're sorted. I did it yesterday for my sister's Monte Carlo.