OMC car holder and charger

Guest alexfedo

Guest dadashi

I use a universal car holder I've been using for years with x number of devices. And a cheap usb car charger I bought for 4 quid many years ago for my kids psp.

Guest john.smith

Note the width of Skate will cause fitting issue with most car mount holder in the market.

I will post a picture soon as I have found one good for Skate.

I am looking for OMC car holder and charger. Ebay's search result is

post-919775-0-76238200-1321933445_thumb.

post-919775-0-19325300-1321933476_thumb.

post-919775-0-65097900-1321933514_thumb.

post-919775-0-65928200-1321934417_thumb.

and some similar devices. And what kind of holder you have?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Didnt you guys get it for free with the original OMC? The medion version gave a carkit and everything for free. (Picture below)

And im sure its allso made by ZTE. So normally you could find it specially made for the OMC.

187_2_medion-life.png

Guest dadashi

the aldi medion unlocked skate with 3 years warrenty was sold in germany and belgium with the car kit for 200 euros, about £180

Edited by dadashi

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Indiant

Didnt you guys get it for free with the original OMC? The medion version gave a carkit and everything for free. (Picture below)

And im sure its allso made by ZTE. So normally you could find it specially made for the OMC.

187_2_medion-life.png

The holder looks good, perfectly fit to our phone. We need this. Why they don't sell it separately ??

Guest Indiant

The holder looks good, perfectly fit to our phone. We need this. Why they don't sell it separately ??

I think the Medion holder is the same as Samsung GT-i9000 Galaxy S, HR24913 holder.

post-553161-0-30900400-1323946583_thumb.

It is looking similar, but the phones have diferent sizes:

Skate: 125.9 x 67.8 x 10.4 mm

Samsung I9000 Galaxy S: 122.4 x 64.2 x 9.9 mm

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm

I bought for me earlier one designed for Galaxy S II, which dimensions are closer to Skate, but it is still to small, even after I tried to modify it using a heater gun.

Guest Indiant

It is looking similar, but the phones have diferent sizes:

Skate: 125.9 x 67.8 x 10.4 mm

Samsung I9000 Galaxy S: 122.4 x 64.2 x 9.9 mm

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm

I bought for me earlier one designed for Galaxy S II, which dimensions are closer to Skate, but it is still to small, even after I tried to modify it using a heater gun.

I know the are in different sizes, but with Medion they give that holder. No Medion user said that the phone is not fit in it.

Guest Skate Away

Did you have any success at all ?

Unfortunately, no.

And I observed that this kind of holder sooner or later it would scratch the phone, because there is no soft surface in the contact points. So, personally, I would go for a holder like this.

Guest Skate Away

Unfortunately, no.

And I observed that this kind of holder sooner or later it would scratch the phone, because there is no soft surface in the contact points. So, personally, I would go for a holder like this.

I think I'd rather (much rather) wait for one that fits properly.

Guest protegeone

I went for the HTC Sensation car kit from ebay

HTC Sensation 126.1 x 65.4 x 11.3 mm

Skate 125.9 x 67.8 x 10.4 mm

but :( can report that it was a waste of money and time.

Guest protegeone

The wait is over B)

Taken my case that I was the sad owner of a HTC Sensation car holder, turned around quickly.

I have found the perfect fit cradle ( from the Medion kit ) available separately on the german amazon

This is the Link to the page

312%2BcfEH9cL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Salvaging the HTC holder now I have the perfect thing.

You can have the above holder for 15EUR incl. shipping, which is 13quid and you'll have to invest another quid for a car holder ( cheapest would do, as you'll only need the "neck" part from it ).

The important is that you'll have to get a HR type as these are compatible with the cradle.

Edited by protegeone