the new acer..ho to root

Guest basem1970

Guest basem1970

As i said in another post i have just received mynew acer from expansy with gingerbread instaled..i want to root it but the instructions on the site are for the ones with froyo...i dont want to damage my new phone..please help me

Guest Chrisund123

Flash cwm recovery (see sticky).

Then flash the superuser .zip

You are rooted.

Do a search if you need more info, it's been covered quite a few times before.

Guest Chrisund123

http://android.modac...?/topic/342583-[RECOVERY]-CWM-Recovery-for-LiquidMT-v3.0

That's the thread for the ClockWork Mod recovery (CWM). Download it, and extract it.

Make sure your phone has usb debugging enabled (menu - settings - applications - development) and that you have the usb drivers installed for your phone on your pc. With your phone switched on and booted up normally, plug your phone in to the usb.

Now go to the folder where you extracted the recovery installer, and run the install recovery command. It will load a command window, and follow the on screen instructions. Your phone will reboot into fastboot mode and then install CWM recovery.

Now reboot the phone, find the superuser.zip, (This link might help! http://androidsu.com/superuser/ ) download it to your sd card, and boot into recovery mode (I can't remember the button combo, it's tricky - look it up, or install Rom manager from the market and choose reboot in recovery mode).

Choose install zip from sd card, and find the superuser.zip. install it, and reboot

Edited by Chrisund123

Guest shuaib10

Thank you very much..iam at work tonight but i will follow the instructions when i get home tomorrow

Let us know how u get on, I want to root my phone too, I bought it from expansys last week

Guest basem1970

i tried it but not working....when i run install the recovery command i get no where..i keep pressing enter until the command disappear. By the way what do you mean by installing acer driver on pc? i only connect it to pc via usb cable..where do i find the driver? sorry to be a pain

Guest Chrisund123

Check the Acer website for the driver. To check its ok, open a command window, and cd to the directory where you extracted the recovery.

Now type "adb devices" without the quote. You should get a bunch of numbers if you have the driver installed and the phone plugged in with usb debugging switched on. If that happens, then you should be ok to install the recovery.

Guest basem1970

Acer Website says that there are no drivers for this phone..this thing is driving me mad. I need to root so i can transfer apps to SD card and also to be able to use wireless tethering for root users app...help please