how can you get transparent notification bar?

Guest tkelly0727

Guest KonstaT

I think it should already support displaying transparent images. You can try replacing SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/statusbar_background.png with a transparent image. It only works with certain launchers and you might have to use live wallpaper. And don't ask me why, I've never even tried this. :P

If you want to play with apktool you can edit SystemUI.apk/res/layout/status_bar.xml and try to change android:background="@drawable/statusbar_background" to android:background="@android:color/transparent".

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

How can you make transparent notification bar in UOT kitchen?

Moldovan MHMP already has transparent notification are. He clarified it twice that he means notification bar and you still don't understand... :P

I tested the android:background="@android:color/transparent" thing and it works with launcher pro, but you have to use live wallpaper. There are some other things that need some work too to make it look good though.

Guest KonstaT

It's not in framework-res.apk, it's in /system/app/SystemUI.apk. You can use some zip tool to replace res/drawable-hdpi/statusbar_background.png with transparent image inside that SystemUI.apk.

It also needs some work elsewhere. When you touch the statusbar then the date background is still black. Also lockscreen is somehow 'dimmed' in other places than the status bar.

You have beg for some themer to make it into a nice theme. ;)

Guest fallenangel32

How can you make transparent notification bar in UOT kitchen?

Moldovan MHMP already has transparent notification are. He clarified it twice that he means notification bar and you still don't understand... :P

I tested the android:background="@android:color/transparent" thing and it works with launcher pro, but you have to use live wallpaper. There are some other things that need some work too to make it look good though.

"is there anyway to get it transparent bar. the one that show the battery status and phone signal? """

test your english...tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Guest Amphoras

what rom you use ? give the link and i ll make a flasble zip for u with traspaernt the bar in the battery,singnal area

im running Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS6

Guest tkelly0727

i add 50% trasparend,if you thing its not enought tell me ok?wink.gif

i use the original files so i think its ok

but do a backup first,i cant be resposinble if somethig goes wrong

download this file and install it with recovery

http://www.multiupload.com/V3AQN16DXK

yea i'll let you know. i also tried one my self but im not sure of it. ohmy.gif

thanks for your help

Guest tkelly0727

i add 50% trasparend,if you thing its not enought tell me ok?wink.gif

i use the original files so i think its ok

but do a backup first,i cant be resposinble if somethig goes wrong

download this file and install it with recovery

http://www.multiupload.com/V3AQN16DXK

hey fallenangel thanks it works :). but the only problem was when i pulled down the notification area, where it display the date. it shows a bit darker than the rest.

and with my one every thing worked but the transparency. i had the android bot at the charger and it worked.

Guest tkelly0727

i'm trying to make my own. i think i found out where i went wrong. i'll upload it if im successful .

just finish customizing it. just waiting to download it from the UOT kitchen. can just wait and see wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest tkelly0727

Anyone know how to do this for CM7?

fallenangel could you upload the correct version for cm7?

i can try ans see if i can do one. i just need the framework-res.apk and the systemUI.apkbiggrin.gif

Guest jonmac73

TKelly - did your updated version work with the date background bit ???

Does anyone know if I will ever get to the promised land ............. having a ROM with 100% transparent notification bar with my choice of wallpaper ?

and what the combination needs to be ?? (ie. ROM / launcher etc.)

Guest tkelly0727

TKelly - did your updated version work with the date background bit ???

Does anyone know if I will ever get to the promised land ............. having a ROM with 100% transparent notification bar with my choice of wallpaper ?

and what the combination needs to be ?? (ie. ROM / launcher etc.)

i'm making one with 100% transparency in the notification area and the notification bar. but im also adding some icons in the notification bar.

but you can download multipicture live wallpaper and you can set it to one wallpaper or more than one. that is just for the notification bar. but the notification area will be 100% transparent even without the live wallpaper.

i'll upload it later tonight and see if i can show an example rolleyes.gif

heres a beta: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R01DEEZ3

but one little issue the notifications it self are fully transparent and hardly readable but i will fix that. and there also a different lock screen and flying effect.

• 2 months later...
Guest Butcher55

Please can someone help me?I use CM7.1.0 stable on my Blade and I want my statusbar to be 50% transparent like this. But not "forever" just in this MIUI theme. I tried UOT but nothing happened:/ Is this possible? Please can someone help me with that?Big thanks. And sorry for being noob and my english :P

miuipreview.png

Guest tkelly0727

Please can someone help me?I use CM7.1.0 stable on my Blade and I want my statusbar to be 50% transparent like this. But not "forever" just in this MIUI theme. I tried UOT but nothing happened:/ Is this possible? Please can someone help me with that?Big thanks. And sorry for being noob and my english :P

miuipreview.png

when u go on to UOT kitchen go to status bar and click the box to "Use this mod" than click Enable transparency in status bar and check top tool bar. set the color code to any one you want and by

its "FFFFFF" and in the box next to it click it and select 50%. use a black status bar and set it to 50%.

then go to file upload and upload the theme. when finish submit work to kitchen then download it and flash it. hope this will help :D

Guest kimomini

what rom you use ? give the link and i ll make a flasble zip for u with traspaernt the bar in the battery,singnal area

Could i be cheeky and ask if you could make me a transparent status bar if i provided you with framework res n systemui ive tried zdunes mod loads of times n i cant get his patcher to work.

Thanks