What's the best mod?

Guest SuperSkill

Guest SuperSkill

Have been testing all the latest kitchens and kernels, for me I believe Fr19 still are faster and more responsive compared to both gr4 and gr5. As an experienced noob I wonder what makes so many others are more pleased with the GB rims. Is it because it's newer and therefore hotter to run or which details makes it better, when it all comes to the end they all do the same main operations. Anyway, Pauls and everyone else who contributes to the scene deserves credits and donations as hell :-).

Will be happy to hear from all of your experiences here. PS! Have also tried the powerpacks etc.

SuperSkill

Guest rjpa123

Tried stock 20L, Topogigi, Thanatos2X, CM7 Nightly, MIUI, DragonBlaze and went back to FR19.

For me, nothing can match a lean, bug-free FR19 kitchen bake with the (battery friendly) MCKr20.

Have not tried GR5, though.

..after testing nearly every rom (stock 20L, Topogigi, Thanatos2X, CM7 Nightly, DragonBlaze, ...) on XDA with and without PP and several kernals, i am now on CM7 203 with swiftextreme 1,2 powersaving kernel...

This rom is fast stable smoothieeee and i can use my phone normaly 2 days without charging... I can´t understand why everybody do not use the really great CM7:)

Edited by Craxx

Guest SuperSkill

Craxx hi, i have used cm alot, great rom, fast and stable, some shutdowns during charging (nightly 150-170), testing Pauls nightly kitchen noe, seende very good :)

Guest mankian

I'd say CM7 at the moment. Nightly 204 seems rock solid using Pauls kitchen. I think pretty much every bug I've had with this phone has been finally ironed out!

Guest SuperSkill

I'd say CM7 at the moment. Nightly 204 seems rock solid using Pauls kitchen. I think pretty much every bug I've had with this phone has been finally ironed out!

Yep, seems like it's rock solid :)

Guest SuperSkill

New update to CM7 for P990! Kernel gets a slight update and gets merged into nightlys. Look for new builds in my signature.

Seems very good, Thanks alot :-)

Guest mankian

Best mod at the min, gotta be CM7 nightly 204 (baked using Pauls kitchen) with 0725 v10d baseband and RIL. nice one for posting that newer CM kernel too!

Edited by mankian

• 3 weeks later...

New update to CM7 for P990! Kernel gets a slight update and gets merged into nightlys. Look for new builds in my signature.

The official CM7 website showing 7.1 only. May I ask why this rom is 7.2?

Guest Macheath

The official CM7 website showing 7.1 only. May I ask why this rom is 7.2?

This here is also official, scroll down and you will see 'bumb to RC7.2'.

The homepage will not show 7.2, cause it is still in development (nightlys) and latest 'stable' (only a renamed nighlty) was CM7.1.

Guest Carbonize

Macheath I installed your latest Kang but I'm not getting any data connection with it or rather I do but very very sporadic.

Hmm I have done a roll back and still happening so the issue is elsewhere. Partner's phone on same network appears to have no issues. Weird.

Edited by Carbonize

Guest Macheath

Most likely it is a baseband issue. Which one are you using? Notice, that CM7 for Optimus 2X is based on BB218, therefore Ril218 is already integrated.

Notice also, that Gingerbread Basebands (e.g. BB725) do NOT work in any way on Cyanogenmod.

Guest Carbonize

I'm actually on 725 assuming we are talking the last three digits (1035.21_20110725). As I said above I believe it's actually an issue with the network right now as i put my sim in my old ZTE Blade, also running CM7, and it couldn't connect to mobile data neither. My 2X is getting a connection now with only the odd moment when it loses it.

Guest Macheath

This may be a coincidence. I repeat, Gingerbread Basebands (e.g. BB725) do NOT work in any way on Cyanogenmod with Gingerbread RIL.

CM7 is developed for Froyo Baseband, notice also we are taking about P990 and this gets a different CM7 than your ZTE Blade.