[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I can't get this to work. I've flashed both the system.img and boot.img as you've provided as part of a Gen2 TPT with a 210MB system partition (having checked the hashes before doing the TPT), wiped data and cache, and removed my SD card, but all that happens is that the screen goes completely black soon after the green android has been displayed for a few seconds - basically the phone appears to be off - and it does not respond to anything, including the power button.

I have a UK OLED blade. Any Ideas? @t0mm13b are you testing on an OLED Blade?

EDIT: clockworkmod works fine in the meantime, so the TPT seems to have worked fine.

Edited by hedgepigdaniel

Guest KonstaT

Thank you t0mm13b. Excellent work! :)

It still boots into a black screen for me. I can see from logcat that it boots all the way into Android though, so it goes much further than my own build. There is also no sign in logcat that it would react to touch. I did extract the files from your system.img and trimmed it a bit, but I doubt it would be because of that.

Here's that screen part from logcat when booting:

D/AndroidRuntime( 97):

D/AndroidRuntime( 97): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit <<<<<<

D/AndroidRuntime( 97): CheckJNI is ON

I/SurfaceFlinger( 96): SurfaceFlinger is starting

I/SurfaceFlinger( 96): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/W...

I/blade.gralloc( 96): using (fd=12)

I/blade.gralloc( 96): id = msmfb30_30001

I/blade.gralloc( 96): xres = 480 px

I/blade.gralloc( 96): yres = 800 px

I/blade.gralloc( 96): xres_virtual = 480 px

I/blade.gralloc( 96): yres_virtual = 1600 px

I/blade.gralloc( 96): bpp = 16

I/blade.gralloc( 96): r = 11:5

I/blade.gralloc( 96): g = 5:6

I/blade.gralloc( 96): b = 0:5

I/blade.gralloc( 96): width = 76 mm (160.421051 dpi)

I/blade.gralloc( 96): height = 127 mm (160.000000 dpi)

I/blade.gralloc( 96): refresh rate = 0.14 Hz

D/libEGL ( 96): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so

D/libEGL ( 96): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so

D/libEGL ( 96): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so

D/libEGL ( 96): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so

E/libEGL ( 96): eglSetSwapRectangleANDROID:1460 error 3008 (EGL_BAD_DISPLAY)
[/code]

Thanks for the compiling instructions too. Now I have to see if I can breathe new life into by own build. :)

I built this on a Atom N270 1.6Ghz with 2Gb RAM, running Arch Linux 32bit. It took a long while, about 31 hours to be exact. I timed this for the benefit of others to judge if they can get the build to work on a superior specc'd machine.

Well done just for that. :)

Guest t0mm13b

I can't get this to work. I've flashed both the system.img and boot.img as you've provided as part of a Gen2 TPT with a 210MB system partition (having checked the hashes before doing the TPT), wiped data and cache, and removed my SD card, but all that happens is that the screen goes completely black soon after the green android has been displayed for a few seconds - basically the phone appears to be off - and it does not respond to anything, including the power button.

I have a UK OLED blade. Any Ideas? @t0mm13b are you testing on an OLED Blade?

EDIT: clockworkmod works fine in the meantime, so the TPT seems to have worked fine.

Mine is TFT.... no idea.... :unsure:

You may have to re-read the first post to see that you may have to re-TPT the Blade to get a bigger partition....

Is there a way to know a partition size on the phone?? Because I don't remember!biggrin.gif

Guest t0mm13b

E/libEGL  (   96): eglSetSwapRectangleANDROID:1460 error 3008 (EGL_BAD_DISPLAY)

Thanks for the compiling instructions too. Now I have to see if I can breathe new life into by own build. :)
That is an interesting error found in frameworks/base/opengl/libagl/egl.cpp Just wondering is that because the screen density is incorrect for the display for ICS?

static EGLSurface createWindowSurface(EGLDisplay dpy, EGLConfig config,

NativeWindowType window, const EGLint *attrib_list)

{

if (egl_display_t::is_valid(dpy) == EGL_FALSE)

return setError(EGL_BAD_DISPLAY, EGL_NO_SURFACE); // <-------

//

.... SNIP

The above snippet 'if (egl_display_t::is_valid(dpy)...' is sprinkled all over the place, dpy is resolution for height ..... just saying...

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest KonstaT

That is an interesting error found in frameworks/base/opengl/libagl/egl.cpp

Just wondering is that because the screen density is incorrect for the display for ICS?

{
//
.... SNIP
[/code] There is some other error with adreno200-egl too:
[code]
D/libEGL ( 129): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so

D/libEGL ( 129): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so

D/libEGL ( 129): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so

D/libEGL ( 129): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so

E/Adreno200-EGL( 129): egliSwapWindowSurface: unable to dequeue native buffer

E/SurfaceTexture( 96): [<pid_129>] error binding external texture image 0x99ee0 (slot 0): 0x502

E/Adreno200-EGL( 129): egliSwapWindowSurface: unable to dequeue native buffer

E/Adreno200-EGL( 129): eglLockWindowSurface: unable to dequeue native buffer

E/SurfaceTexture( 96): [<pid_129>] error binding external texture image 0x99ee0 (slot 0): 0x502

And there is more later with surfacetexture...

Actually I saw some life in the screen when I pushed the power button after it was booted to android. I saw a CRT screen off animation. :) Is it even supposed to have that?

I attached couple of logcats from booting if that is any help.

Edit. And I have blade with TFT screen.

tommieb-ics.txt

tommieb-ics2.txt

Edited by KonstaT

Guest burstlam

That is an interesting error found in frameworks/base/opengl/libagl/egl.cpp

Just wondering is that because the screen density is incorrect for the display for ICS?

{

//

.... SNIP

Using OLED GEN2 ,STOCK PARTITION

I try repack it to cwm version and set density with ro as we have~

still a black screen

then I replace the files inside egl folder with the hero patch version~ I got the display

touchscreen not working for me

Guest oxyg3n89

http://www.multiupload.com/OVH06T8LFS here is additional link for the same ics image.

i have 160mb system partition and TFT blade, still do not get it, was said 160mb partition too small, won't it work at all ? if it was simple and safe way to change partion size to 210mb i would test that image :) waiting for answers, enjoy share link :D

Edited by oxyg3n89

updatez.zip for people that want it HERE

Thanks for this. but I get a black screen were I should get android animation and then nothing happen. I resize the partition with gen1 to gen2 tpt v8 stock but it's the same. I flashed with Clock Work Recovery. Am I doing somethin wrong or missing something?

Sorry for the noob questions on this post!

Edited by ayziaa

Guest t0mm13b

Thanks for this. but I get a black screen were I should get android animation and then nothing happen. I resize the partition with gen1 to gen2 tpt v8 stock but it's the same. I flashed with Clock Work Recovery. Am I doing somethin wrong or missing something?

It is not for the noob to try out and flash. As stated in the very first post, its highly experimental, the black screen that you're seeing is because there's issues with the touchscreen and with the ICS framework. And no you're not missing something or doing anything wrong, read the previous postings... :)

Guest oxyg3n89

Oled or tft?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Guest hedgepigdaniel

you're not the only one with that problem, read a few posts above yours.

It is not for the noob to try out and flash. As stated in the very first post, its highly experimental, the black screen that you're seeing is because there's issues with the touchscreen and with the ICS framework. And no you're not missing something or doing anything wrong, read the previous postings... :)

I did read the others posts, just read on XDA something about "checking the md5sum" in the resize process witch I didn't understand that's why I asked.

Anyway thanks for your work and I'll wait for something more stable.

Guest hugobosslives

I did read the others posts, just read on XDA something about "checking the md5sum" in the resize process witch I didn't understand that's why I asked.

Anyway thanks for your work and I'll wait for something more stable.

no offense meant here but: if you don't understand what a md5 sum is (/how to check it) then you shouldn't really be playing with a build like this.

no offense meant here but: if you don't understand what a md5 sum is (/how to check it) then you shouldn't really be playing with a build like this.

Non taken. Just wanted to try. Like I said, I'll wait for something more stable.

Edited by ayziaa

Guest furrabbit.nh

Read above, the black screen is a problem for some people if not all at the moment