Current OSF vs OSF II pricing?

Guest Citrinas

Guest Citrinas

Why do you guys think Orange is charging the same amount for both the OSF and OSF II? OSF is an older phone, hence it should be cheaper... Do you think Orange will either drop the price of SF or increase the price of the SFII? Maybe Orange will even take out the SF out of production? What do you think?

Guest The Soup Thief

Why do you guys think Orange is charging the same amount for both the OSF and OSF II? OSF is an older phone, hence it should be cheaper... Do you think Orange will either drop the price of SF or increase the price of the SFII? Maybe Orange will even take out the SF out of production? What do you think?

The OSF II is only barely an upgrade. I would have thought it very likely they will cease (or have already ceased) production of the OSF and just continue on with the new model, which will be more tricky to sim-unlock (though certainly not impossible) cf the Skate/MonteCarlo, so they'll just gradually shift the stock of the old OSF - I wouldn't be holding my breath for any clearance deals as the original still has plenty to commend it (bigger active community still, ease of unlock etc)

The modest improvement for the user (in speed and camera terms) brings with it a bigger potential improvement for Orange if it makes it likely that fewer punters will unlock to another network. Dig?

Guest Atomix86

The osf 1 has been dropped 10 pounds at retail, and I imagine it'll be discontinued in the not too distant future. As for paying ten pounds more where did you hear that? My local orange store only makes you do that if you're paying by cash (some sort of fraud protection apparently).

Guest swisstourist

No more in Switzerland. They soldall stock included online. No osf2 so far, maybe in 1 weeks or 2, but once unlock it s the phone to go for the one looking for a good android at 1gz

But I will look for a skate first.

Guest Russ_uk

Then they force another £10.00 out of you for a sim card

Infact you have to top up by £20 when you buy the SFI from the orange website and £10 with the SFII

Meaning you have to lay out the same amount of cash for either phone.

Guest Atomix86

Infact you have to top up by £20 when you buy the SFI from the orange website and £10 with the SFII

Wow that's pretty underhanded, considering in stores you don't have to do this!

Guest Carbonize

As others found when buying the original SF most Orange shops will skip the top up if you are already an existing customer.

Guest Russ_uk

As others found when buying the original SF most Orange shops will skip the top up if you are already an existing customer.

Yes, quite true and with the 'phone fund' deal, the chance are most existing Orange users will get the device even cheaper.

The £10 SFI & £20 SFII top ups I mentioned is only (to my knowledge) on the Orange website store:

67035092.jpg

Guest Carbonize

[off topic]

And do we really think them headphones are worth the £60 the maker actually charges for them ;)

Whilst speaking of Orange I'm really p***ed at them right now as they are doing an offer for a free Xbox if you upgrade to a Lumia which is great as I am getting a Lumia.

When my contract is up in January :| Do we think the offer will still be running then as I highly doubt it.