Photo

Orange San Francisco II or T-Mobile Vivacity?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Orange San Francisco II or T-Mobile Vivacity? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one are you buying?

1. Orange San Francisco II (20 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. T-Mobile Vivacity (60 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

jp_hero

jp_hero

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:SGS2, t-mob vivacity, nexus s
  • Twitter:@jp_hero
Just got the vivacity. Mainly as a night out phone. So I dont smash up my sgs2 :-)

I am from www.coolsmartphone.com. Visit us for the latest Android news, reviews and app recommendations.

Posted Image

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

Just got the vivacity. Mainly as a night out phone. So I dont smash up my sgs2 :-)

Good stuff. Going to unlock it?

jp_hero

jp_hero

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:SGS2, t-mob vivacity, nexus s
  • Twitter:@jp_hero
Yeah will be. Hoping for miui or something cool for it. Just need to read up on rooting first.

I am from www.coolsmartphone.com. Visit us for the latest Android news, reviews and app recommendations.

Posted Image

CARL13

CARL13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:xda exec x 2, monte carlo
Hi,

Going to try a SanFran2 Wednesday as I like the look more and I see they both have a front Camera.

Have an Ulocked Monte (thanks to you Guys) but find it a bit of a handfull size wise.

Also, cant think why, but comparing the spec from both Providers the SF has slightly better Battery life than the V.

Carl

admanirv

admanirv

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3
Is the osf2 as thick as the tmv? The tmv is a bit bulky.

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 & ZTE Crescent
TMV is 11mm thick and the SNII is 10.6mm

Edited by Russ_uk, 02 December 2011 - 10:36 AM.

"Water which is too pure has no fish" - Ts'ai Ken T'an

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Tried an iPhone 4 case today on the TMV and the belly on the back is al that stops it fitting. Well that and the camera is in a sightly different place :P If you put the TMV in face down it fit perfectly.

Posted Image

SlavZ

SlavZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:San Fracisco
What is the screen resolution on T-mobile vivacity, battery capacity? any details? Thanks.

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
480 x 800
1200mah

Posted Image

arpiar

arpiar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys!

I'll buy one of this phones but I'm not sure about which one. The Vivacity, in my opinion, looks better but I read some things about it and I don't know if the SFII is exactly the same phone (inside).

The main problems of the Vivacity seem to be:

1) Response of the virtual keyboard
2) Battery life because I read that SFII's battery is 1400mah and Vivacity-1200mah.

Thanks in advance!!

sjoyce666

sjoyce666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I'm going to go for the Vivacity as I am already a T-Mobile customer and it means I do not have to unlock it or pay a higher price for the ZTE version

Looking for the best deal at the moment. Cashback is available when going through QuidCo or TopCashBack websites

admanirv

admanirv

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

I'm going to go for the Vivacity as I am already a T-Mobile customer and it means I do not have to unlock it or pay a higher price for the ZTE version

Looking for the best deal at the moment. Cashback is available when going through QuidCo or TopCashBack websites

7 days on of ordering and they still didnt track it (quidco), had to raise a 'claim'.

Mars104

Mars104

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:san francisco, iphone 3gs

Hi guys!

I'll buy one of this phones but I'm not sure about which one. The Vivacity, in my opinion, looks better but I read some things about it and I don't know if the SFII is exactly the same phone (inside).

The main problems of the Vivacity seem to be:

1) Response of the virtual keyboard
2) Battery life because I read that SFII's battery is 1400mah and Vivacity-1200mah.

Thanks in advance!!

+1
Have not decided which one to buy as an Xmas present for the misses.

A couple of questions:

1. surely the laggy keyboard is fixed by flashing a new ROM? must be a software issue on the vivacity!?
2. I have read different things about the battery are they really 1400 and 1200mah respectively, on their website's orange and tmobile quote the same talk time but orange quote slightly better standby than t mobile (9 days vs 200hs). However this may be due to rounding? Can anyone confirm (preferably owners) the actual capacity of the batteries?

Edited by Mars104, 08 December 2011 - 06:28 PM.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts
Laggy keyboard on the Vivacity is caused by the touchscreen controller. Hardware issue that may be improved in software but most likely not.

admanirv

admanirv

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
Thats probably only due to the amtel controller?

Not all vivacitys have an amtel, mine has a synaptics.

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
..and not all SF2s have synaptics - see the specs thread.

Posted Image

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 & ZTE Crescent

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to snap up a Vivacity from Very.co.uk for £39, infact i think i was the very last person to do so, as the second i complete the order, the product showed as 'Out of stock'.

Guess I'll have to see if they honor it (or not), but so far so good!

If not, I think I'm gonna be getting the SFII instead - Although I'll hold off my decision until a few complete reviews appear for both devices.

I'll update this forum as to whether or not the transaction completes.

*Update*

Today a package arrived and to my surprise it was my T-Mobile vivacity.

Think i was EXTREMELY lucky that very.co.uk honored my transaction. (Think it was fortunate it's so close to Xmas, any other time of the year i doubt they would of done)

So i got the TMV for the grand price of £39 :D

Happy Christmas to me !!!

"Water which is too pure has no fish" - Ts'ai Ken T'an

Reider59

Reider59

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

*Update*

Today a package arrived and to my surprise it was my T-Mobile vivacity.

Think i was EXTREMELY lucky that very.co.uk honored my transaction. (Think it was fortunate it's so close to Xmas, any other time of the year i doubt they would of done)

So i got the TMV for the grand price of £39 :D

Happy Christmas to me !!!

Well done! So glad someone played a blinder and got a deal. My OSF II has gone out of stock twice now and I have the money for one tomorrow. Just have to hope its back in by Wednesday noon and I can get one sent to the Orange shop on time. Rang the shop to see if any had come in yet, none last week and no answer so far. So its either order one on next day from my Littlewoods Catalogue (Wednesday noon latest order) with no memory card or offers, try and order the Vivacity or go for the Monte Carlo which was in store last week and still shows in stock online. Be glad when I know what`s happening lol.

Steve

Edited by Reider59, 19 December 2011 - 05:18 PM.

*** Just remember, any ROM change, Kernel change or any other type of change you do is at your own risk. Someone helping you is not responsible for any risks you decide to take. It works for many but their are situations, events and errors outside of the control of a third party that may cause a bricked phone. Think before you start. I took the chance and thankfully it worked for me. Had it not then only I would have been to blame. ***

fubaar

fubaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
For my girlfriends birthday i bought an vivacity yesterday (the sf2 was still to pricy on ebay and no shipping to the netherlands).
(today sf2 are listed to ship worldwide....my bad )

however i like the looks on the vivacity more than the sf2.

but i have some questions, maybe someone can answer them.

1) the vivacity and sf2 should be the same phone from zte.
however this site suggest that the vivacity has a sluggy keyboard:
http://www.3g.co.uk/...y-3g-co-uk.html

is that true and is it hardware or software?

2) the vivacity has touchkeys/softkeys instead of hard buttons as the sf2 has.
does this give problems with custom roms? do i have to use custom roms specially for the vivacity because of the soft buttons?

greetings

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
Greetings :D

It seems to be chance which touchscreen hardware comes with each phone, people have reported both types of hardware for both phones! If you have the better synaptic version on the TMV then people have reported problems with the menu button not working in CWM... but this can be overcome by using the cheat mode and the power button instead.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users