Photo

Orange San Francisco II or T-Mobile Vivacity?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Orange San Francisco II or T-Mobile Vivacity? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one are you buying?

1. Orange San Francisco II (20 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. T-Mobile Vivacity (60 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

fubaar

fubaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Greetings :D

It seems to be chance which touchscreen hardware comes with each phone, people have reported both types of hardware for both phones! If you have the better synaptic version on the TMV then people have reported problems with the menu button not working in CWM... but this can be overcome by using the cheat mode and the power button instead.

so that problem is only with unlocking/ custom rome?
http://android.modac...keys-wont-work/

it would be a bummer when i give my girlfriend a present that comes with buttons that doesn't work :+

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Yes. Depending on which hardware the rom is built on. We need two of each kernal - one for each type of hardware. If you check your phone to see which it has first you can be confident it will work (if you have a synaptics touchscreen on the SF2 or the atmel on the TMV you're good to go - for other hardware check the fixes before you start! ;) (all roms will work if you know how))

Edited by fr0do, 30 December 2011 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image

jasonleeds

jasonleeds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:zte crescent & zte blade
I had a look at both in the shops, and I honestly thought the San Fran 2 was just that little bit slicker, has a Xperia look to it.
Personally not a fan of the the Iphone fad so the vivacity got the thumbs down.
Loving my San Fran 2

ZTE Blade - CM7
Samsung Galaxy Fit - Razodroid v4
ZTE Crescent SF2
  • developing - DroidTE @ Modaco Thread
  • main rom - Fish'n'Chips - RLS6
  • Testing - anything other than stock

Posted Image

Reider59

Reider59

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
It was right up to the wire with me, I had some money but with Christmas fast approaching knew I`d need it for bills. I did however have some money coming but it was a just over a week away. 3 times the SF II went out of stock in that short time. I could have got one from my catalogue (only £10 more-commission) which initially showed not yet in stock then changed to in stock. But I really wanted the 2gig memory card and the free gifts I`d get from Orange, knowing full well I`d unlock it anyway. The catalogue offered none of those because I emailed and asked them.

OK so not so many days before Christmas I decided to ring the shops, I`d already been in a week before and T Mobile hadn`t even heard of the Vivacity, Orange had only had one single SF II pass through its shop. No reply when I rang Orange, T Mobile surprisingly told me they had 2 Vivacities in! The bus came before I could go the Cashpoint to check the funds so I excitedly went to town. Checked again at Orange and no can do, initially they thought they had some in but they were the SF1. So off I trotted to the bank and the funds hadn`t been paid in!!! Posted Image

Next morning I was at my local Cashpoint at 8am on the dot, funds in. Hobbled home as fast as my walking stick would allow (spine op that went wrong). Ordered the SF II online to be delivered to my local Orange shop on Friday the 23rd. The rest is history except that I got a pair of headphones I wanted anyway, Mum will have the Piggybank, I kept the wipe and the double up earphone adaptor. I got £20 of apps too so my patience, worn very thin, paid off in the end. Friday night, the phone was unlocked. I wouldn`t have minded the Vivacity, I quite like the iPhone anyway but I am more than pleased I got the SF II. My target was always to get one or the other by Christmas. Posted Image

Steve

Edited by Reider59, 31 December 2011 - 09:45 PM.

*** Just remember, any ROM change, Kernel change or any other type of change you do is at your own risk. Someone helping you is not responsible for any risks you decide to take. It works for many but their are situations, events and errors outside of the control of a third party that may cause a bricked phone. Think before you start. I took the chance and thankfully it worked for me. Had it not then only I would have been to blame. ***

jasonleeds

jasonleeds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:zte crescent & zte blade
my girlfriend had a similar problem, wanted to get it for me for xmas. 3 times orange online was out of stock and both stores in Leeds only had one each which surprise surprise had sold out.
Was all good in the end as a week before xmas it come into stock @ 6am-ish was ordered, by 9am out of stock.
Looking like the first san fran put ZTE on the map

ZTE Blade - CM7
Samsung Galaxy Fit - Razodroid v4
ZTE Crescent SF2
  • developing - DroidTE @ Modaco Thread
  • main rom - Fish'n'Chips - RLS6
  • Testing - anything other than stock

Posted Image

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
I ordered the SFII first and then saw the TMV which I drooled over straight away coz I hate those physical buttons. Was a seller for me. So I cancelled the SFII en route. The £20 of free apps with T-Mob is a con. It's for their shop apps which are old games only. And after about 30 emails to support they still couldn't give me that. Credits run out now and I'm trying to shift to GiffGaff. That's going pear shaped too. Good job the phone is good! :)

Edited by fr0do, 31 December 2011 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image

Reider59

Reider59

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

I ordered the SFII first and then saw the TMV which I drooled over straight away coz I hate those physical buttons. Was a seller for me. So I cancelled the SFII en route. The £20 of free apps with T-Mob is a con. It's for their shop apps which are old games only. And after about 30 emails to support they still couldn't give me that. Credits run out now and I'm trying to shift to GiffGaff. That's going pear shaped too. Good job the phone is good! :)

I knew the £20 of apps on Orange would be naff but I figured I`d have them anyway, only the site appeared to have a server fault every time I went on with my Orange Sim. Said they couldn`t validate me yet they logged me on and let me use my own sim balance. Anyway, I could see the name of the game as my balance got smaller n smaller so I gave up. They made a point every time of telling me to turn off WiFi and use phone data.

I was twiddling my thumbs waiting for something so I later went to the same address with my 02 Sim card in. I had to go to it a second time by refreshing, only this time it asked for my phone number to validate it. I knew the phone recorded the Orange number even when the 02 sim card (different number obviously) was in. But just to make sure I checked in my notebook where I`d recorded both of them. Carefully typed in the Orange phone number (with my 02 sim card in the phone) and got sent to a site with all 6 naff games on. Cod7 was ok but I already had it, then it was Scrabble, and 4 others but hey better than nothing. Funny thing is I`m 99% sure only Wi Fi was turned on this time, yet they didn`t tell me to turn it off and put the phone data on instead.

Steve

Edited by Reider59, 01 January 2012 - 12:36 AM.

*** Just remember, any ROM change, Kernel change or any other type of change you do is at your own risk. Someone helping you is not responsible for any risks you decide to take. It works for many but their are situations, events and errors outside of the control of a third party that may cause a bricked phone. Think before you start. I took the chance and thankfully it worked for me. Had it not then only I would have been to blame. ***

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
Sounds like the same offerrings as T-Mob. Doodle Jump was on there apparently but I just bought that for 10p in the December blitz. I only have those things on the phone a few days before deleting them anyway. What I was hoping for was more utilities. Ah well :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users