How to root the new Acer..SOS

Guest basem1970

Guest basem1970

I am getting frustrated now as i have been trying to root my new acer (from Expansys) for few days to no avail.Can any kind soul here put a step by step guide, in simple plain english, which can help an idiot like me sorting this out..please

Guest Smeelious

I am getting frustrated now as i have been trying to root my new acer (from Expansys) for few days to no avail.Can any kind soul here put a step by step guide, in simple plain english, which can help an idiot like me sorting this out..please

http://android.modac...n-your-sd-root/

Third part of the guide.

Also, since in the other thread you asked about the same thing you said you couldn't find the drivers..

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Application/Application_Acer_1.0_A22F_A.zip?acerid=634261811335479139&Step1=Smart%20Handheld&Step2=Liquid&Step3=Liquid%20MT%20(S120)&OS=a04&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_4

Edited by Smeelious

Guest basem1970

thank you very much for the help. I downloaded the Acer driver but i am still having the same problem which is when i launch the recovery.cmd i follow the on screen instructions which keeps telling m to press any key and after 3-4 commands, the command screen disappears and nothing happens...what is wrong?

Guest Smeelious

thank you very much for the help. I downloaded the Acer driver but i am still having the same problem which is when i launch the recovery.cmd i follow the on screen instructions which keeps telling m to press any key and after 3-4 commands, the command screen disappears and nothing happens...what is wrong?

Maybe first I should ask..

Is your phone in debug mode before you start the recovery?

After pressing enter once....

you should get a notice with a device number. Is a number displaying? (on the terminal window on your PC)

After pressing enter twice...

Is the screen with the three coloured squares showing up?(on your phone)

Edited by Smeelious

Guest Smeelious

Actually I get the feeling...after thinking about it in the bathroom...where all good thinking happens....

Without doing anything else..

Can you boot into recovery?

Guest basem1970

Hi..I just managed to boot into recovery without having that recovery.cmd...just pressed power, volume up and camera.which is greta. I installed the superuser zip on sd card and rebooted in recovery..tried to install the superuser from sd card..it starts and then fails half way hrough...any ideas please?

Actually I get the feeling...after thinking about it in the bathroom...where all good thinking happens....

The bathroom is a thinking sanctuary.

it starts and then fails half way hrough...any ideas please?

Could you try it again and post what the error message was please?

Guest basem1970

i tried more than 10 times but i keep getting:

Finding update package...

Opening update package..

Verifying update package...

E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E: signature verification failed

installation aborted

Guest Smeelious

i tried more than 10 times but i keep getting:

Finding update package...

Opening update package..

Verifying update package...

E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E: signature verification failed

installation aborted

Goto install zip from sdcard

Toggle signature verification

and try the su zip again.

Guest basem1970

sorry but where can i find (toggle signature verification)?..when i log into recovery mode i get 4 options (Reboot, apply sd card:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition)and when i choose apply sd card update i get the following

../

the su zip

.android_secure/

.dataviz/

Android/

DCIM/

Lost.DIR/

documents/

Guest Chrisund123

Md5 is a checksum. It's best practice to to check the md5 before flashing the Rom. Generally the dev will list the md5 hash in the post containing the rom, you download the Rom, copy it to the SDcard and then check the md5 with a program. If it's the same then you can be confident that the file downloaded and copied to the SDcard without corruption, and the flash will be ok.