PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Tesco Hudl
  • Twitter:@djsubterrain
No problem, Glad your brick is now a phone again ;)

Wireless working OK too?

plotter1971

plotter1971

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks to all - totally new to all this but by hook or by crook managed to unlock and install the custom rom on my OSF2
And don`t worry to anyone who ends up knackering their mac address without a QPST backup - I did this but found a small program somewhere which created a random one and fixed via QPST I think - I`ll try to remember if anyone needs it.

This might not be news to you guys but thought I`d share anyway - I found an adobe flash player that works with the OSF2 ARM V6 - just installed from sd card and seems to work well..........

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1357035

scorilo19

scorilo19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
"No problem, Glad your brick is now a phone again ;)

Wireless working OK too? "

Yes, no probs with the wireless! The qcn file recovered everything!

Edited by scorilo19, 12 December 2011 - 03:59 PM.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade

Let me guess you are using windows 7 64bit
Qpst won't work on 64bit
You need to run it on win 7 32bit and in windows xp sp3 compatibility mode

It works just fine for me with windows 7 64bit.

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

It works just fine for me with windows 7 64bit.

Same here, it works fine on Windows 7 64bit.

Markski

Markski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Orange SF

ian_blade2

i had issues with QPST on windows 7 32bit

but i then ran it in compatibility mode for windows XP sp3

works like a charm.....

not sure about your laptop issue

What issues did you have with QPST?My pc cannot find phone under software download so I am unable to save the QCN file.

Attached Files

mikeydood

mikeydood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Unlock_OSF2.zip (18.05 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/TWKP44A5AD

Unlock_VIVACITY.zip (18.04 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/ZXRBSG1JVI

Edit by Paul: DANGER! Using this may / will brick your device, proceed with extreme caution!

Edit by unrandomsam I don't think it will I did it much more carefully the second time (Not whilst doing something else and with the right files.). The dodgy link is gone afaik.

Edit from flibblesan: OSF2 unlock confirmed working, Vivacity unlock confirmed working by myself.

Hello mate
I used the above osf2 unlock tutorial but my phone has died. The screen backlight comes on but no screen. The sound buttons still work when pressed and give of sound. i see you have downloaded stock s/ware to reflash. any chance of a lil help so i can restore the phone to its working goodness ??

Thanx in advance
Mikey

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Let me guess you are using windows 7 64bit
Qpst won't work on 64bit
You need to run it on win 7 32bit and in windows xp sp3 compatibility mode

Incorrect. QPST works on Windows 7 64bit. I should know since I used it to unlock my own Vivacity.

project_tt

project_tt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Well it don't work on mine
Port configuration works fine
But software downloader won't find the phone
Works fine on any other pc that's not 64bit
Any advice would be cool why it is not working
Cos I could really do with 5 machines all running qpst

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Well it don't work on mine
Port configuration works fine
But software downloader won't find the phone
Works fine on any other pc that's not 64bit
Any advice would be cool why it is not working
Cos I could really do with 5 machines all running qpst

What version of QPST (I am using 2.7 build 366)

crappy antivirus ?

R2K

R2K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

What issues did you have with QPST?My pc cannot find phone under software download so I am unable to save the QCN file.

Now Got a step by step guide, every one can unlock the Phone without any experience. I have done on my own and this is my first android phone. Refer the site - http://ztecrescent.blogspot.com

Refer the Link on how to use the QPST for Configuration backup - http://androidtipsfo...using-qpst.html

-- R2K4Net

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Hello mate
I used the above osf2 unlock tutorial but my phone has died. The screen backlight comes on but no screen. The sound buttons still work when pressed and give of sound. i see you have downloaded stock s/ware to reflash. any chance of a lil help so i can restore the phone to its working goodness ??

Thanx in advance
Mikey

Still don't understand why.

You could try replacing the files folder with files from a newer revision of the OSF2 rom.

Sound buttons implies the rom is working.

purplegrape

purplegrape

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

All you need to do now is put your phone into FTM
Mode
Then open QPST
Make sure your phone is detected
Then click restore and select the Nv back up file you should have saved earlier

If you ain't got this file, I might be able to send you the back up from my phone ..., as it has been established that the NV file for the blade 2 will not actually effect the imei number of the phone
So I am guessing any blade 2 NV file will do to fix your Mac address issue

Hi all

Have managed to follow all the steps in the process, and have an unlocked phone which I have set to three with updating the settings - joy! But, no WIFI.
I have the QCN file from running the backup part of the process, and followed the restore steps, but it's not restored the Mac address. No, I didn't write it down. :(
Would anyone have a backup to share or thoughts on ways around this? I've tried the qcn file very kindly provided - DEADD00D_23.qcn, but no joy.

Cheers, Stephanie

UPDATE: rebooted again today, and now have a mac address - hurrah. It all works fine then. Thanks for all the guides posted here.

Edited by purplegrape, 20 December 2011 - 10:25 PM.

timpy

timpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey Just reading the various threads on Unlocking the SF2, Am i right in thinking your step by step guide in post #139 starts at around step 17 on this guide? http://ztecrescent.b...-unlocking.html i.e. you have simply missed out the backup stage using QPST at the start?

Need to unlock my new phone and just trying to work out which guide to follow! Sorry newbie round these parts!

Cheers

Hey, I'll take you through the steps I went thru to get it working..

You need to download the custom rom (flb2-r2a.zip) and the default kernel (ouk-stock.zip) for the SFII

Then grab the SFII unlocker (Which should load up the Clockwork Recovery Mod...but won't install it from here : http://www.multiupload.com/TWKP44A5AD

Unzip the Unlock_OSF2.zip file but don't unzip the other 2.

To use the clockwork recovery you use volume up/down to go up/down the menus, the home button as an enter key and the back button as a back key...just to clarify) so to carry out a command in the menus scroll to it using the volume buttons then the home button to carry out the command and you should see a resulting prompt underneath describing what it's doing.

Now carry out the following steps :

• Boot your phone into the FTM mode by turning it on while holding down the volume down button (hopefully you previously managed to backup your config with QPST)
  • Connect the USB cable
  • Run the unlocker (The download.exe file in the folder you made by unzipping the Unlock_OSF2.zip file) which should reboot the phone into the Clockwork Recovery Mode (Just click on START, which should be green, if it isn't then try unplugging the usb cable and then plug it back in and restart the exe)...DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR USB CABLE WHILE THE PROGRESS BAR IS GOING UP, once it's finished you should see "Download Completed" or something, I can't remember exactly what it says but it'll be something like that, then you can close the program and you should see the Clockwork screen on your phone.
  • Wipe both caches (by going to wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition
  • Now go to advanced
  • Wipe the dalvik cache then Wipe battery stats (This makes sure you get a proper charge)
  • Go back to the main screen and then to the mounts and storage menu
  • At the bottom choose mount USB storage to mount the sdcard and then copy both rom zip files (flb2-r2a.zip and ouk-stock.zip) over from the computer into the main folder of your sdcard, once you've copied the files then just go back to the main menu with the back button, the sdcard is automatically unmounted when you exit that section
  • Flash the custom rom first (go to apply update from sdcard then choose zip from sdcard), then choose the flb2-r2a.zip file, then without rebooting, flash the kernel for the SFII (repeat the same process to do that except for choosing the ouk-stock.zip)
  • If you have QPST, restore the qcn file which you hopefully backed up from the "software download" section, if you didn't back it up you may/probably will have lost your mac address and if you didn't take a note of it either then you're wireless will basically be buggered.
  • Reboot the phone (by going into the main menu on the Clockwork Recovery and then choosing reboot system now and hopefully it will reboot into the custom rom, also the tracking on the keyboard should be fixed because you have also flashed the kernel rom for the SFII
  • So, now you're actually in the phone, first of all, when it asks you to set up your google account, press the "I'll sign in later" or whatever it says cos you need to check the wireless and keyboard first.
  • Go straight into settings, then "About Phone", then check that the mac address is legit, if it says "11 22 33 44 55 66" then you've lost the mac address and you won't get wireless, if it shows a proper mac address then you should be ok. If it does show "11 22 33 44 55 66" but you have a note of the correct mac address then it is possible (and a bit complicated) to restore the proper mac address so don't panic, if you didn't take a note of it though then you won't ever get wireless and you also need a slap :P
Just to let you know, this whole process won't "install" the Clockwork Recovery mod but it will load it enough to let you flash the custom rom. If you want to properly "install" the Recovery you really need to use the adb method noted elsewhere in this forum, which I couldn't do cos I'm using Windows 7 64bit and it's a right royal pain in the butt.

Hope all that helps, come back if you're still stuck

questionquick

questionquick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey, I'll take you through the steps I went thru to get it working..

You need to download the custom rom (flb2-r2a.zip) and the default kernel (ouk-stock.zip) for the SFII

Hey is this custom rom android 2.3 gingerbread or is it 2.2??

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
Android 2.3.5, all the roms on here are because that's what ZTE provided, it's also the version pre-installed on both models

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa, 02 January 2012 - 03:13 PM.

Max-Power

Max-Power

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Just like to say Kudos to all the post's contributors on unlocking these phones. I'm an OSF1 user thats possibly looking to upgrade to this soon.

Well done all <3

Julieee24

Julieee24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco 2
Heey, i have tried all these stuupid online calculators which havent worked and i only have 1 try left before my phone gets wrecked, and i dont have a clue how to do all this technical stuff, how can you pay orange to unlock it and how long does it take, any help wil be much appreciated... thanks :)

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
A guy on eBay is charging £15. That's about it I think.

Posted Image

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Heey, i have tried all these stuupid online calculators which havent worked and i only have 1 try left before my phone gets wrecked, and i dont have a clue how to do all this technical stuff, how can you pay orange to unlock it and how long does it take, any help wil be much appreciated... thanks :)

I think its £20, and you have to wait until 3 months after you bought the phone before they will give you it. Have a look at unlocking it using the guides on here. As long as you take your time and follow the instructions then you should be fine. If you aren't sure about something, then just ask as there are plenty of people who can help you.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users