Photo

[ROM] [Elitemovil Skate 2.3.5] [z3] Oficial (Kernel OC) [GB_THU_P743V1.0.0B01] (24-11-11)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7

The swap partition has nothing to do with the apps2ext partition, the latter simply uses a chunk of the memory card space to store apps rather than using internal memory, which is fine as these apps are not going to be constantly accessed and moved to and from RAM (unlike swap).

I never implied that the swap partition had anything to do with the apps2ext partition.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Swappiness

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Devices:See sig

I never implied that the swap partition had anything to do with the apps2ext partition.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Swappiness

Yes you did, you even said apps2sd in your post. It deosnt change anything either way, swap is slow and uneccessary in this day and age.

Nasty budget phones, begone! Hello sexy brand new Galaxy S2!

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Yes you did, you even said apps2sd in your post. It deosnt change anything either way, swap is slow and uneccessary in this day and age.

No I noted "in the use of Apps2SD" knowing that it has nothing to do with the apps2ext partition. There may have been a misunderstanding there. It is that the GUI front end of apps2SD allows you to see, hence the screenshot, the control over the "Swappiness" aspect that has been applied when setting up the swap partition.

I am not sure of its value of relevance and even though it has been asked in the original thread...

http://www.htcmania....d.php?p=3171309

...I have not noted Elitemovil's response on it either.

But if set and then the ROM installed it is by default activated with a Swappiness value of 50

Edited by dibbles, 06 December 2011 - 07:00 PM.

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Devices:See sig

No I noted "in the use of Apps2SD" knowing that it has nothing to do with the apps2ext partition. There may have been a misunderstanding there. It is that the GUI front end of apps2SD allows you to see, hence the screenshot, the control over the "Swappiness" aspect that has been applied when setting up the swap partition.

I am not sure of its value of relevance and even though it has been asked in the original thread...

http://www.htcmania....d.php?p=3171309

...I have not noted Elitemovil's response on it either.

But if set and then the ROM installed it is by default activated with a Swappiness value of 50

I see, but I still don't understand the relevance of needing a swap at all in the ROM, that has been my point since the start.

Nasty budget phones, begone! Hello sexy brand new Galaxy S2!

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
I understand :)

Also I agree with you as I too am not sure about the need for it, but I do see that it is being used. How much, or if at all, it has an effect I just do not know.

Still I really do like the ROM and have found absolutely no issues with it. The config of Apps2SD is useful as it leaves so much space in the internal data partition, although that could apply to any ROM.

dadashi

dadashi

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Devices:MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D

I understand :)

Also I agree with you as I too am not sure about the need for it, but I do see that it is being used. How much, or if at all, it has an effect I just do not know.

Still I really do like the ROM and have found absolutely no issues with it. The config of Apps2SD is useful as it leaves so much space in the internal data partition, although that could apply to any ROM.

DarkTremors Apps2sd is the best and first app to use the sd-ext for system memory......and the Gui makes it even nicer...its as stabile as a brick sh*t house...

I keep getting problems with link2sd, its not "low level" like Apps2sd...Id rather just use the app2sd funtion built in all android roms without sd-ext and link2sd..

Edited by dadashi, 07 December 2011 - 12:00 AM.

MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
Using this ROM has been my introduction to the DarkTremors Apps2sd and it is indeed superb. It does the job and does it well. As long as the ROM supports it I would prefer to use it now. Then again I see little reason to change from this ROM as it does everything I need.

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
bumpy bumpy for a well made ROM - we really should have a ROM section.!

_hifi_

_hifi_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Monte Carlo, Hudl, Moto G

bumpy bumpy for a well made ROM - we really should have a ROM section.!

I agree with you, else you are loosing the ROM topics amongst the other. It should be similar as with Blade, ROM section, Themes section and general one

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD

I agree with you, else you are loosing the ROM topics amongst the other. It should be similar as with Blade, ROM section, Themes section and general one

Agreed,but who do we speak with to make it happen?

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
I believe that Frankish had already contacted Paul about making a subsection here. I'm not sure how well that is progressing but I do think that it is important, in the meantime, to try and ensure that all the ROM's are kept to the first page.

dadashi

dadashi

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
can I flash the battery-circle.zip from the Atomicv1.6 thread on the Elitemovile without problems..?

MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Z3 Compact

can I flash the battery-circle.zip from the Atomicv1.6 thread on the Elitemovile without problems..?

yes & the themes should also work when i get them up Posted Image

dadashi

dadashi

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
Great, thanks Tilaz

MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D

ciappy

ciappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate
Elitemovil, i modified your rom and injected toggle 2g by themasterbaron http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=739530 . This app sets the phone to 2g whilst in standby mode or when connected to wifi. It drastically change my battery use. Would you consider adding it directly into the next rom version?

mankytata

mankytata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Thanks for posting this excellent rom just to let you know followed the instructions When mobile is ready and in launcherpro homescreen, press menu->preferences->restore backup->yes. (This is an Optimization for the Launcher).
This will leave you with a screem with icons for phone contacts and very little else with no way to restore the home screen me personaly not bothered but some might so dont do it many thanks mankytata

victormun

victormun

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
  • Twitter:@_VictorMun

Hi Thanks for posting this excellent rom just to let you know followed the instructions When mobile is ready and in launcherpro homescreen, press menu->preferences->restore backup->yes. (This is an Optimization for the Launcher).
This will leave you with a screem with icons for phone contacts and very little else with no way to restore the home screen me personaly not bothered but some might so dont do it many thanks mankytata

Actually, you should have followed those instructions before you built your homescreens and layout.

If you want to learn about the latest Android news and hints, follow me on:

· Google+
· YouTube

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
Just wondering if you've publoshed the mods you made to your kernel?

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

dadashi

dadashi

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
Elitmovil, Z3 is a great rom, specialy with the kernel update...any chance of a Z4 for christmas..?

Merry christmas and a happy new year...

MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D

hacrn

hacrn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
hi

can anyone explain me why ther´s an recovery.img on the zip? i can´t install the rom, i´m in the atomic rom with 4.0.14 recovery , and i trie to install this rom but allmost in the end it give ´s an error and then abort the instalacion , i remain with the 4.0.15 can i remove the recovery.img from zip and then install the rom?

Edited by hacrn, 31 January 2012 - 05:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users