[ROM] [Elitemovil Skate 2.3.5] [z3] Oficial (Kernel OC) [GB_THU_P743V1.0.0B01] (24-11-11)

Guest painkiller_93

Guest dibbles

I believe that Frankish had already contacted Paul about making a subsection here. I'm not sure how well that is progressing but I do think that it is important, in the meantime, to try and ensure that all the ROM's are kept to the first page.

Guest mankytata

Hi Thanks for posting this excellent rom just to let you know followed the instructions When mobile is ready and in launcherpro homescreen, press menu->preferences->restore backup->yes. (This is an Optimization for the Launcher).

This will leave you with a screem with icons for phone contacts and very little else with no way to restore the home screen me personaly not bothered but some might so dont do it many thanks mankytata

Guest victormun

Hi Thanks for posting this excellent rom just to let you know followed the instructions When mobile is ready and in launcherpro homescreen, press menu->preferences->restore backup->yes. (This is an Optimization for the Launcher).

This will leave you with a screem with icons for phone contacts and very little else with no way to restore the home screen me personaly not bothered but some might so dont do it many thanks mankytata

Actually, you should have followed those instructions before you built your homescreens and layout.

• 1 month later...

hi

can anyone explain me why ther´s an recovery.img on the zip? i can´t install the rom, i´m in the atomic rom with 4.0.14 recovery , and i trie to install this rom but allmost in the end it give ´s an error and then abort the instalacion , i remain with the 4.0.15 can i remove the recovery.img from zip and then install the rom?

Edited by hacrn

Guest dibbles

sorry for not replying earlier. In answer to your question, I would not know if you could do that. Even though though the ROM has been excellent for me I did not like having to use a swap partition or a EXT 3 partition for the APPS to install to. I did not seem to have choice as to whether these were to be used or not. I can't see a need for a swap partition with this phone and do not like having to have one on my SD card. I would also prefer to choose which APPS are placed on the SD card or used within the internal memory.

Other than the above the ROM had been really good on my phone.

Guest dibbles

I assumed that the person meant t replace the recovery.img with one of their own..? Not sure why that would be needed though or the reason for the question in the first place.

I also thought that the OP had just tried the flash this ROM through CWM without creating the required partitions first.

Edited by dibbles

Why would you want to do that ?

No recovery means you cannot install or backup rom!

maybe i do not explain well,

my phone has the recovery 4.0.14 with the atomic rom, and when i install this rom almost in the end, the instalation ends with an error of recovery.img. i can´t install this room.

then i went back to the atomic, my question is, the zip file of this rom as a recovery.img file inside why? all the other roms don´t have this file like the atomic, why i need to flash a img that i allready have in the phone?

and yes i did all the tutorial like the first page

Edited by hacrn

Guest John Rennie

Is it easy to replace the K9 mail by the standard Android email app? I can't get K9 to work with my Exchange server while the standard 2.3 email app works fine on my tablet.

Later: never mind, I flashed a stock rom instead and now the mail is working again :-)

Edited by John Rennie

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest WiiSky70

There's an error on my device when installing Z3 ROM :

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/recovery.img". "recovery")

E: Error in /sdcard/Elitmovil/ROM/[ZTE_SKATE_ROM]_(z3)_[GB_THU_P743V1.0.0B01].zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted

Here's what i've done to get the ROM installed on the OMC :

1. I've installed TPT Helper and download the "All-In-One" V1B Package

(V1B - 150MB system, 2MB cache and 288MB data. )

2. Done a clean wipe of the device to avoid potential failures or another crashes (This was not the case)

3. Created an ext3 partition by partitionating the SD Card on the CWM Recovery ( 1GB of 128 MB)

4. Mounted USB to the computer to place the ROM Folder with the Contained ROM and Kernel.

5. Attemped to install the ROM First BUT IT FAILED near the end.

NEED HELP !!! Really stuck and i don't know what to do next.