S-OFF with Alpharev queries

Guest ManOfSteal

Guest ManOfSteal

Finally decided to opt for S-OFF, but am not clear if attempting it using a rooted ROM with A2SD is not advisable? I know that a stock ROM is recommended, but is that only if you're using a ROM with data2SD?

BTW I have already tried to S-OFF (from MCR9 AS2D+, as no other ROMS seem to be stable for me), but when it rebooted after stage 1, it reported no device found, followed by "waiting for bootloader", even though the Desire had now rebooted into bootloader. As nothing further happened (after waiting 10mins), I just gave up, went into recovery and did a Nandroid restore. I suspect the issue there might be that the USB connectivity has to be redone at each stage (reconnected), since the Desire isn't seen, but unplugging during this process is obviously fraught with danger. I had of course installed the HTC Fastboot driver.

Any advice/help appreciated.

Guest ManOfSteal

Further to this, trying with a stock rooted ROM (no A2SD) made no difference. The problem is obviously with step 2 and the phone not being detected, I can't see how this can be overcome :(

Further to this, trying with a stock rooted ROM (no A2SD) made no difference. The problem is obviously with step 2 and the phone not being detected, I can't see how this can be overcome :(

I had a similar issue rooting my nexus. Try PDAnet it's a collection of drivers which seems to work.