[ROM] : Stock ROMs for ZTE Blade 2/Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity

Guest Sebastian404

Guest fiskbulle

No, this is for the Blade S/Crescent

Okay, thanks.

I don't know if the actual Blade 2 has been released in any other country yet, except from Sweden. But is there any possibility that you Developer's could give a helping hand in creating a working ROM for the actual Blade 2? (Stock or Not, doesnt matter) I don't know what's needed for it, but i'll gladly help..

• 2 weeks later...

could this be used to flash on to the vivacity as its just a vivacity debranded?

if so anyone able to root it and apply app2sd?

I second that question as I am interested in unlocking & rooting & debranding my TMobile Vivacity, but would like to stick to 2.3.5 rather than experiment with 4.0.

Anyone can give a hint? or Two? ;-D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aztexa

Most recent/interesting is this one. It seems that this Optimus Barcelona = ZTE Atlas W = some Vivacity variation.

http://wwwen.zte.com...obile/Portugal/

http://wwwen.zte.com...31844117591.zip

ro.build.display.id=OPTIMUS_P736EV1.0.0B02

ro.build.version.release=2.3.5

ro.build.date=Thu Mar 15 01:03:41 CST 2012

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.3_r9

ro.build.sw_internal_version=OPTIMUS_P736EV1.0.0B02

Hey,

as it seems that TMobile UK is just a bunch of %$%I*&%& -> can i use abovementioned ROM for üpdating my TMobile Vivacity and get rid of those TMobile junk apps?

edit: How do I root TMobile Vivacity? After unlocking it and re-flashing a stock rom (aye, I need to have everything working as intended 'cause its my son's phone) I am stuck with unwanted bloatware running in the background (TMobile apps, Mapps etc etc)

Edited by Aztexa

Guest dimi89

@Aztexa even if you root thta phone you wont be able do delete that bloatware apps because they are system apps (i couldn delete them even with titanium backup) so i will suggest you do install clockwork mode and flash your sons mobile with this rom >>>> http://www.modaco.com/topic/349161-rom-flb2-completely-debranded-gb-rom-r2a/ and also download TMV stock kernel...This rom is stock rom with some tweaks and without bloatware and it is clousest to the original one that you get when you buy phone.

Guest Aztexa

@dimi89 Thank you for your advice! I will do as you suggested! Wish i knew it earlier so I would do that just after unlocking ;-D

edit: is there a way to root a stock rom somehow after it was installed?

Edited by Aztexa

Guest AmbushReality
@dimi89 Thank you for your advice! I will do as you suggested! Wish i knew it earlier so I would do that just after unlocking ;-D

edit: is there a way to root a stock rom somehow after it was installed?

You can root a stock rom by fastbooting CWM and flashing the SU Binaries

• 2 weeks later...

zte crescent , zte blade ii ( 2 ), orange san fransisco ii ( 2 ), t-mobile vivacity RE - LOCK app ? Hi there is there not a program which re locks as in the zte blade 1, zte san fransisco 1 see in the following forum - - The "Reset Attempts (and Lock)" button will reset the phone's internal idea of how many unlock attempts you have back to the initial 5. It will also put it back in the state where it will prompt for the NCK code when you use a different provider's SIM. This may be useful for putting the phone back to (seemingly) the factory state, or for the reported occasions where interactions with Orange [unblocking a phone?] have reset their end of the network lock [?not sure about this?]. -http://droidgram.com/forum/Unlock-ZTE-Blade-Unlock-Orange-San-Francisco (Changes in v1.3Add unlock reset. Normally you have 5 attempts to unlock your phone. With this feature, you can reset the number of unlock attempts back to 5.) so can someone tell me if that feature from that app is usable in T-MOBILE VIVACITY if so i will go ahead and unlock , root, debrand , and put oin CFW from this website if not can someone please edit the app and allow it to be used for T-mobile vivacity and if not then i will avoid voiding warranty and lock unlock, debrand and root.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Typhus_

if i flash stock rom will the phone go back as if i just got it from the shop and re locked

Well, what I can say is, yesterday I used an official update tool from ZTE Portugal, the one for Optimus Barcelona (it's a ZTE P736E) listed here, and my phone got back to "out of the box" state. No root, no recovery, etc.

When I downloaded that tool, and while running the application, it downloaded me a zip file. Inside that zip the stock rom should exist in order to flash it other way besides that tool. If I knew what to look for, I would gladly post the rom here. It's quite recent -> 28-12-2012.

Edited by Typhus_

Apologies if this is slightly off topic but I've posted this elsewhere on Modaco and despite over 100 views no replies - so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction?

I changed the ROM on my San Fran II to Fish and Chips but then realised it didn't unlock it so following the instructions at sanfranciscoandroiid.co.uk I tried to reinstall the Orange stock ROM. All went well until having installed the Orange ROM and other files on the SD card I waited for it to reboot (warned it could take 10 minutes) but after 20 minutes it wash't rebooting to the Orange ROM I pulled the battery.

So I can reboot to FTM, but if booting normally all I get is an Android image on-screen - HELP! what do I do now??

TIA

Guest Typhus_

Hmmm...

If you can get it to "FTM" state, then I guess you may communicate with your phone if, not even, just to flash a recovery.

Try to take a look at this -> http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2070477 and see if it works.

On the other hand, you may always boot normally, so that you see the android image, and then try to gain access to the root again by following THIS guide.

I've just remembered that you may also again follow the tutorials to unlock your phone, since, at the end of it, you'll have a recovery again.

Follow THIS guide or THIS one instead.

Edited by Typhus_

• 1 month later...

Hi finally got access to a Windows box to try this but no luck. I'm on the point of deciding my ignorance of Android means it'll never be fixed - anyone of a service where I could send the ZTE to have the stock ROM flashed on to it? Or shall I consider it a failed exercise and bin the (new) OSF II?

Guest Typhus_

Well, as a matter of fact, all links are dead... :wacko:

Anyway, HERE you have a stock ROM compatible with TMV. It's from Portugal and it's for Optimus Barcelona (ZTE Atlas, P736E).

Hope it helps.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...