[ROM] : de-branded ROM for ZTE Blade 2/Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity [gingerbread]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Currently very much a work in-progress custom ROM for the ZTE Blade 2/Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity device.

All the Carrier Branding has been removed, and any modified applications has been replaced with the AOSP versions. The aim is to revert the device to as close to AOSP as possible.

This ROM is based on the T-Moble Vivacity P736EV1.0.0B12 ROM shipped the current UK device

Features

• Based on the P736EV1.0.0B12 ROM
  • de-odexed all applicaions
  • all applicaions & framework resigned with test keys
  • Removed bundled applcations.
  • Removed bundled XT9 Keyboard.
  • Reverted to default homescreen layout.
  • Reverted to standard Android Splash screen
  • Reverted to AOSP lock screen
  • Reverted to AOSP browser
  • Added Google Voice.
  • Added Google Car Home.
  • Updated Google Market Application.
  • Updated Google Maps.
  • Updated Google Muisc.
  • Updated Google Mail.
  • Updated Google Voicesearch.
  • Added ChainsDD' SuperUser Application.
  • Disabled CarrierIQ tracking software.
  • Updated Busybox to v1.17.4.
  • Added international APN list.

DISCLAIMER I am not responsive for any consequences of installing this update, any house-fires, stray cats, legal action resulting from your use of it is ENTIRELY your own look out.

[ROM] : de-branded ROM for ZTE Blade 2/Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity [gingerbread]

Guest Sebastian404

Change Log:

2011-11-26 - r0

[*]Initial release

2011-12-03 - r1

[*]Added Google Car Home.

[*]Updated Google Maps.

[*]Disabled CarrierIQ tracking software.

[*]Automagic selection of correct kernel

Guest Sebastian404

Great work thankyou. TM emailed to say the Vivacity is out of stock so I can only watch :(

I'm told that T-Mobile only get shipments of new stock on Tuesdays, but there was some sort of internal dick waving contest went on with the SF2, so T-Mobile brought the release of the Vivacity forward a few days.. it was not due to launch until December.

I tried 3 stores yesterday before I found one that was selling it, I had to go to the FlagShip store on Oxford street.. I think the big stores will have them

Guest ian_blade2

hi kace just thought id add , i dont think this rom will unlock your phone bud , but if definatly works its took me all day messing with my phone as its just not wanted to be took away from orange crap but im now running sebs rom and it seems ok.rolleyes.gif

Guest ian_blade2

sebastian on ur rom is the keypad slightly out of sink or do i need to download a different keyboard device for my phone as some of the pad seems slightly out of sink its locked up a couple of times also so may redo the whole process today in work we shall see ......................does urs run totally smooth for now ?? ............id love to try some other roms out but cant see any others anywhere lol :) thanks ian.rolleyes.gif

Guest Simon O

sebastian on ur rom is the keypad slightly out of sink or do i need to download a different keyboard device for my phone as some of the pad seems slightly out of sink its locked up a couple of times also so may redo the whole process today in work we shall see ......................does urs run totally smooth for now ?? ............id love to try some other roms out but cant see any others anywhere lol :) thanks ian.rolleyes.gif

If you mean the XT9 keyboard that comes on the phone, I do believe Seb404 removed this from the custom ROM. It's crap anyway.

Guest ian_blade2

hi fibble san , umm im unsure as to which keyboard it is as im new to this side of the phone however i can tell u its the same as my sf1 keyboard but out of sink slightly example if u click i you will select o ? ? ring any bells lol ............i was unsure why this is different tho as my sf1 with 2.2 froyo jap jellyfish rls8 is working perfect and has never skipped a beat in a whole year keyboard has been no problems at all also....

does that make sence many thanks ian.

Guest Sebastian404

the XT9 keyboard is removed, you can tell which one your using by holding your finger on any text input field for a few sections and you can change to a different keyboard.. in this case it should be just 'Android keyboard'

are you saying the screen is off? you have flashed it to a Orange San Franscisco II right?

put *983*0# into your phone dialer and select touchpaint test and see how accurate that is

Guest ian_blade2

hi sebastian ,

thanks for that information i definatly flashed it to the sanfransisco 2 device lol , im using ur rom with clockwork recovery i also went thru with it the way u told me to go about it by putting old version of clockwork in same folder in c/ blade 2 file , it seems 90% of the phone is working fine its just the keyboard im real worried about as its preety unusable at the minute......................do u think ive done something wrong ?? ive checked gps and wireless and all seems ok but when i do the touch paint test it seems everything lights up red ? i take it the idea of that test is to do straight lines between each circle round the outside to the centre circle ?? if so everyone lights up red lol ................any ideas ? im tempted to put it all bk to factory and start again......but dont wana break it if i can fix it hehe

your helps outstanding by the way thx ian. :rolleyes:

Guest Sebastian404

ah, the paint test, the idea is to tap the circle, it lights up green if you get it right, and red (with a dot to show where it thinks you touched it) if your wrong...

if you think your having problems, do revert back to the stock and see if its the same, its not beyond possiblity that your digitizer is faulty, there was a lot of that with the ZTE Blade...

Guest Simon O

The XT9 keyboard isn't very responsive for me and it often thinks I'm pressing a different key. The normal Android keyboard works fine though. I have done the touchpaint test and that passed fine.

Guest ian_blade2

right thanks for that sebastian will give that a play when i get home from work ..................i may try downloading a different keyboard if i can get it to work stable ..........................is yours running stable on your custom rom with the keys etc working correct ?? and how do i know which keyboard im using again bud ?? ive not changed anything from when i loaded ur custom rom ??

many thx ian.

oh just to add this is what ive got on the test :( all seems to be to far right ? lol

SAM_1217.jpg

Edited by ian_blade2

Guest ian_blade2

just to update lol u wont believe this but ive restored the phone bk to last night when i put the rom on................through clockwork recovery , and now the keyboard is spot on and so is the sync of the phone everythings lined up green green green go go go :) so just need to unlock this and personalise it a little just thought id update thank you :)rolleyes.gif

Guest Adam Cable

I experienced the same touchscreen issue. Vertically is perfect, but it seems as though it's slightly too narrow.

When I'm selecting "o" on the keyboard, it picks "p" instead, as the touchscreen seems to stretch a little.

Adam

Guest ian_blade2

hi adam , just so u know for me fixing that problem was as simple as powering up the device with the vol down button pressed down then restoring the phone to the previous day lol it reloaded itself and sink was perfect mate try it :) rolleyes.gif

Guest podzemnik

I can confirm the same keyboard issue. It makes the phone virtually unusable. Unfortunately I havent got any positive results performing Ian´s procedure or I do not understand his procedure described. In all cases, we are having serious troubles with the keyboard. It does not have any connection with any hardware issues as the keyboard worked nicely with stock rom. Good job Sebastian, but I am afraid this issue is very serious and worth investigating as soon as possible,

Guest Sebastian404

I am not at all sure how, but it seems to be affecting just the SF2 guys... I will take a look at this tomorrow, its probably something that needs changing in the calibration..

Guest Sebastian404

I've updated this now to R1, with an super auto-magical selection of the correct kernel for your device.. it also will change the device name to be P736V (Orange San Francisco II) or P736E (T-Mobile Vivacity).

Guest Simon O

I've updated this now to R1, with an super auto-magical selection of the correct kernel for your device.. it also will change the device name to be P736V (Orange San Francisco II) or P736E (T-Mobile Vivacity).

+1