[ROM] : de-branded ROM for ZTE Blade 2/Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity [gingerbread]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest fr0do

The debranded rom doesn't include the overclock kernel, so I'm afraid you can't overclock. Simple enough to add the kernal, just flash the zip!

How about no frills cpu control?

Why not move your dalvic cache to sd card? It causes wear on the card, but so what? It's there to be used. You'll free up masses of space that way.

FNC 4 and below were based on the TMV and not your phone. V5 and up are based on the French Blade S, which is the same as the OSFII.

Guest Prettygrim

tnx again Fr0do. did say i am a complete idiot with mobile phones, so have no idea what you mean by 'add the kernal, just flash the zip'. sorry.

will look for 'no frills cpu control'. assume it's on Google play. would i use this on it's own or do i still need the kernal added you say above?

as far as i am aware, dalvic cache is now on sd card. with previous roms tried, had most apps left off as out of space. no probs so far with this de-branded rom.

my phone is T-Mobile Vivacity. when we tried FnC above v4, even with the needed kernal files, wouldn't work. dont know why, nor could raverrr suggest any reason. ended up going back to original rom, then putting FnC v4 on. that worked but no space free for apps, no matter what we tried. hence, where we are now. at least things appear to be working atm and got space free if needed

Guest fr0do

Well if you look at the third thread down on the stickied threads you'll notice one called "[KERNEL] Overclock kernel" - the clue is in the title ;) :D

Simply copy the zip to your phone and then install in the usual way with CWM

NoFrills simply sets options. It isn't what enables overclock.

Have you checked in A2SDGUI that Dalvik is on SD? Did you partition your SD card?

To get room on my phone, I installed the TPT to give the most space. Again... very simple and not risky (of course, you should backup your phone in CWM if you don't want to lose your setup (you'll have to start over if anything goes wrong)). You copy image.bin into sdcard/install/ and then go > about phone > system upgrade. the phone re-boots and you're done... you will then have enough room to install any rom on here.

(http://www.modaco.co...-vivacity-tpts/ <-- option 4)

Edited by fr0do

Guest Prettygrim

ha ha. will take a look. easy when you know where to look and what to look for. 'install in the usual way' isn't usual for me, fr0do, but i know a man that can do it. i know that if i attempt anything, it will turn to horse s**t! me and mobile messing really dont get on at all! anyway, will get the 'kernal' and the app you suggest as well as the TPT, just in case. mate put link2sd on phone, which seems to work fine. sd card is partitioned and afaik, have plenty of space atm. need to play safe and wait for him to be free to do this stuff. will let you know how it goes when finished. another maybe dumb question. when we put the unbranded rom on the phone, when checked in 'about phone', it says blade 2, even though it's a vivacity. all four buttons on front of phone work, so assume is ok. am i right? appreciate your time and help.

Guest AmbushReality

ha ha. will take a look. easy when you know where to look and what to look for. 'install in the usual way' isn't usual for me, fr0do, but i know a man that can do it. i know that if i attempt anything, it will turn to horse s**t! me and mobile messing really dont get on at all! anyway, will get the 'kernal' and the app you suggest as well as the TPT, just in case. mate put link2sd on phone, which seems to work fine. sd card is partitioned and afaik, have plenty of space atm. need to play safe and wait for him to be free to do this stuff. will let you know how it goes when finished. another maybe dumb question. when we put the unbranded rom on the phone, when checked in 'about phone', it says blade 2, even though it's a vivacity. all four buttons on front of phone work, so assume is ok. am i right? appreciate your time and help.

the blade 2, blade s or crescent are just ztes code name for the vivicity/osf2;)

Guest fr0do

Well there really isn't anything to it grim. You power on the phone holding volume down... that will get you into clockwork mod. If you know how to press buttons, that's all you need. You go to "install zip from sd card" > navigate to the file > install. Hardly rocket science.

Guest Prettygrim

you'he heard the phrase 'smile, things could be worse'? that's me. every time i smile, sure enough, things get worse. it's not that i am an idiot. far from it. i work with/on puters all day, no problems. there is just something with phones that as soon as i touch one other than to use it normally, it goes totally down the tubes! haha. better to wait for my mate to sort. i'll let you know. cheers. also to Ambush for the info

• 1 month later...
Guest danbb

Hi everyone, my first time here.

Thanks very much for this de-cluttered ROM, which is now running smoothly on my wife's Crescent.

A few questions, if I may:

1. What's the minimum partition size required by this ROM? I am thinking of using one of the Amphoras TPTs to creater a larger data partition.

2. I downloaded the "r1" version. The MD5 did not match (using hashtab on Windows 7 - this gives correct MD5 with other downloaded files). I get MD5 of 6C83A01131BD26EBB863C61FCD3383CC. I have tried the download several times, all with the same MD5.

3. The APN list is empty (not a problem for me). The features list states that international APNs are included. Could this be why the MD5 does not match?

4. As noted elsewhere in this thread, the email app crashes. Not a problem for me, as I will be using K9 anyway. However, can I reclaim the memory used by unzipping the r1 zip, deleting email.apk from system/apps and re-zipping?

Edited by danbb

Guest ramzez_uk

Hi,

I had 4.0.4 installed, but it was so buggy, that my gf couldn't use it. tried to reinstall stock rom, but now it got stuck on the android logo, how to fix it? each time i reboot to clockwork recovery, and doing stock-rom and kernel updates, it stuck on reboot, any ideas ? thanks in advance.

Guest robt77

Hi, you have two choices. You can install the stock Rom through clockwork mod recovery. Please remember that clockwork mod will get deleted once you have installed the stock Rom so if you do decide to try other custom roms in the future you will need to install it again. Please back up all your data eg contacts messages sd card as it could get lost when you flash back to stock. The stock Rom can be found at the following link http://files.podtwo.com/roms/stock/zte/blade2/OUK_P736VV1.0.0B09-update_signed.zip

Secondly you could choose to use a debranded Rom where you will still have root access and won't loose the recovery partition the link for that is on the first post of this thread

Guest Bloodr0se

Sorry, this may be stupid question but does this ROM fully support all of the phone's standard features and do the front camera and bluetooth work on it? Only my girlfriend has this model and is currently on FnC7 but bluetooth and the front camera don't seem to work with that ROM and she wants to use Skype.

Thanks.

Guest ramzez_uk

Yeah I tried installing. But it didn't work. However I downloaded an original stock rom from zte site and put it in image folder and it managed to boot with this rom. So all works fine. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bretty072

I experienced the same touchscreen issue. Vertically is perfect, but it seems as though it's slightly too narrow.

When I'm selecting "o" on the keyboard, it picks "p" instead, as the touchscreen seems to stretch a little.

Adam

http://android.modac...attach_id=77151 download zip copy and paste to your sd card then install from phone vai clockwork recovery this file is for use with touch screen out of snyc ,this will solve the proplem on sf11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Aztexa

Hmm I have downloaded this rom to flash my son's TMobile Vivacity BUT the checksum of the file is different from that reported in the first post by the OP (my MD5 : 6C83A01131BD26EBB863C61FCD3383CC).

2 Q: Is it "rooted"?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Sammonsmx

Hi, I don't see bluetooth scan working. My TMV is excellent otherwise. It is able to be discovered by another BT device, but when I touch Scan nothing happens. Is this a known issue? Any thoughts? I used CWM Recovery to install the rom, and I cleared cache prior to install. Thanks, great ROM BTW

Guest Sammonsmx

Bluetooth issue has fixed itsef. I installed a Bluetooth Scanner app, which worked. Subsequently the default BT scanner now works. Removed the scanning app, restarted and all is well!

Edited by Sammonsmx

• 5 months later...