Photo

[ROM] : de-branded ROM for ZTE Blade 2/Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity [gingerbread]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 & ZTE Crescent

Hi All,Sebastian,

today I unlocked my Orange SF2 with r1_de-branded_blade2 but I have a problem with touchscreen which was discussed here.
Phone model: Orange SF2
the phone version: P736EB01

from this topic I'm not really understand how I can fix this problem. Could you please help.

Thank you in advance,
Serhiy

Have a look here for a fix:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1898914

Edited by Russ_uk, 28 February 2012 - 02:48 AM.

"Water which is too pure has no fish" - Ts'ai Ken T'an

techsolo

techsolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Love the smell of solder in the morning!
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent
Any updates?

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

Any updates?

Does there need to be? Have there been any updates to the stock ROM?

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

techsolo

techsolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Love the smell of solder in the morning!
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent

Does there need to be? Have there been any updates to the stock ROM?

Could have been :) Still waiting on the damn phone I ordered in the UK! Sad to see that over here (Flanders) they only sell low resolution huawai smartphones in that price range. After the blade (San Francisco) Mobistar (Orange) stopped selling ZTE phones...

rash.m2k

rash.m2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I'm having the keyboard issues as well - I try to select o but selects p instead.

Could we please have a San Francisco 2 debranded rom? (i.e. debranded from the SF2 stock rom and not the TMV?)

Much appreciated

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

I'm having the keyboard issues as well - I try to select o but selects p instead.

Could we please have a San Francisco 2 debranded rom? (i.e. debranded from the SF2 stock rom and not the TMV?)

Much appreciated

Use the stock San Francisco 2 kernel @ http://www.modaco.co...attach_id=77151

Flash it on top of the ROM.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

Prettygrim

Prettygrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
hi all. a while ago i revealed how i am a complete idiot with mobile phone stuff, but was lucky enough to have a mate that is pretty good. after probs with FnC 6 and 7 not working, used 4 for a while but had no free space, even though various bits were supposedly moved to sd card. anyway, am now using this debranded rom on my T-Mobile Vivacity. many tnx for doing the de-branding, Seb. as far as i can tell (early days yet) everything is working fine. i would like to know what speed the phone is running at atm, but dont know how to check it. can someone tell me how, please? i am curious as to whether it is possible/advisable to use an overclocking app? if so, which one is recommended and suggested settings please that wont totally ruin the battery life?

TIA guys

Prettygrim

Prettygrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
no one able to give me a bit of advice here then guys?

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
There are plenty apps to check cpu speed. Go look. Do you have a rom with the oc kernel patch? If not, there's a thread here. If so, get an oc app like setcpu or droidoverclock.
All oc will adversely affect your battery. I'm currently set to 920mhz as I find that very stable. If you don't need video playback, try dazzozo's CM9... it actually works better underclocked, and is way smoother than GB.

Posted Image

Prettygrim

Prettygrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
the reason i am using the de-branded rom is, as stated previously, FnC above 4 wouldn't install. dont know why. even with FnC4, there was almost no free space, even though A2SD told me stuff had been moved to the sd card. i know the cpu in the phone is an 800mhz, but dont know if it actually runs at that speed. no disrespect meant to anyone but after the problems before when trying other roms, am reluctant to change again. just wanted to up the speed a little, without causing too much battery drain or other problems. the fact that there are several o/c apps was why i asked for a recommendation from those who know much more than me. appreciate the help

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
The debranded rom doesn't include the overclock kernel, so I'm afraid you can't overclock. Simple enough to add the kernal, just flash the zip!

How about no frills cpu control?

Why not move your dalvic cache to sd card? It causes wear on the card, but so what? It's there to be used. You'll free up masses of space that way.

FNC 4 and below were based on the TMV and not your phone. V5 and up are based on the French Blade S, which is the same as the OSFII.

Posted Image

Prettygrim

Prettygrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
tnx again Fr0do. did say i am a complete idiot with mobile phones, so have no idea what you mean by 'add the kernal, just flash the zip'. sorry.

will look for 'no frills cpu control'. assume it's on Google play. would i use this on it's own or do i still need the kernal added you say above?

as far as i am aware, dalvic cache is now on sd card. with previous roms tried, had most apps left off as out of space. no probs so far with this de-branded rom.

my phone is T-Mobile Vivacity. when we tried FnC above v4, even with the needed kernal files, wouldn't work. dont know why, nor could raverrr suggest any reason. ended up going back to original rom, then putting FnC v4 on. that worked but no space free for apps, no matter what we tried. hence, where we are now. at least things appear to be working atm and got space free if needed

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
Well if you look at the third thread down on the stickied threads you'll notice one called "[KERNEL] Overclock kernel" - the clue is in the title ;) :D

Simply copy the zip to your phone and then install in the usual way with CWM

NoFrills simply sets options. It isn't what enables overclock.

Have you checked in A2SDGUI that Dalvik is on SD? Did you partition your SD card?

To get room on my phone, I installed the TPT to give the most space. Again... very simple and not risky (of course, you should backup your phone in CWM if you don't want to lose your setup (you'll have to start over if anything goes wrong)). You copy image.bin into sdcard/install/ and then go > about phone > system upgrade. the phone re-boots and you're done... you will then have enough room to install any rom on here.

(http://www.modaco.co...-vivacity-tpts/ <-- option 4)

Edited by fr0do, 05 June 2012 - 01:32 PM.

Posted Image

Prettygrim

Prettygrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
ha ha. will take a look. easy when you know where to look and what to look for. 'install in the usual way' isn't usual for me, fr0do, but i know a man that can do it. i know that if i attempt anything, it will turn to horse s**t! me and mobile messing really dont get on at all! anyway, will get the 'kernal' and the app you suggest as well as the TPT, just in case. mate put link2sd on phone, which seems to work fine. sd card is partitioned and afaik, have plenty of space atm. need to play safe and wait for him to be free to do this stuff. will let you know how it goes when finished. another maybe dumb question. when we put the unbranded rom on the phone, when checked in 'about phone', it says blade 2, even though it's a vivacity. all four buttons on front of phone work, so assume is ok. am i right? appreciate your time and help.

AmbushReality

AmbushReality

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Enter Shikari, Other Screamo bands?
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco 2

ha ha. will take a look. easy when you know where to look and what to look for. 'install in the usual way' isn't usual for me, fr0do, but i know a man that can do it. i know that if i attempt anything, it will turn to horse s**t! me and mobile messing really dont get on at all! anyway, will get the 'kernal' and the app you suggest as well as the TPT, just in case. mate put link2sd on phone, which seems to work fine. sd card is partitioned and afaik, have plenty of space atm. need to play safe and wait for him to be free to do this stuff. will let you know how it goes when finished. another maybe dumb question. when we put the unbranded rom on the phone, when checked in 'about phone', it says blade 2, even though it's a vivacity. all four buttons on front of phone work, so assume is ok. am i right? appreciate your time and help.

the blade 2, blade s or crescent are just ztes code name for the vivicity/osf2;)

If you stand for nothing, You will fall for Anything- Rou Reynolds, Enter Shikari
Current Devices- OSFII Running Dazzozo's port of CM9

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
Well there really isn't anything to it grim. You power on the phone holding volume down... that will get you into clockwork mod. If you know how to press buttons, that's all you need. You go to "install zip from sd card" > navigate to the file > install. Hardly rocket science.

Posted Image

Prettygrim

Prettygrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
you'he heard the phrase 'smile, things could be worse'? that's me. every time i smile, sure enough, things get worse. it's not that i am an idiot. far from it. i work with/on puters all day, no problems. there is just something with phones that as soon as i touch one other than to use it normally, it goes totally down the tubes! haha. better to wait for my mate to sort. i'll let you know. cheers. also to Ambush for the info

danbb

danbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi everyone, my first time here.

Thanks very much for this de-cluttered ROM, which is now running smoothly on my wife's Crescent.

A few questions, if I may:

1. What's the minimum partition size required by this ROM? I am thinking of using one of the Amphoras TPTs to creater a larger data partition.

2. I downloaded the "r1" version. The MD5 did not match (using hashtab on Windows 7 - this gives correct MD5 with other downloaded files). I get MD5 of 6C83A01131BD26EBB863C61FCD3383CC. I have tried the download several times, all with the same MD5.

3. The APN list is empty (not a problem for me). The features list states that international APNs are included. Could this be why the MD5 does not match?

4. As noted elsewhere in this thread, the email app crashes. Not a problem for me, as I will be using K9 anyway. However, can I reclaim the memory used by unzipping the r1 zip, deleting email.apk from system/apps and re-zipping?

Edited by danbb, 14 July 2012 - 09:14 PM.

danbb

danbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Re my last post above, any ideas/pointers anyone?

Also will Dark Tremor A2SD work with this ROM?

Many thanks.

ramzez_uk

ramzez_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,

I had 4.0.4 installed, but it was so buggy, that my gf couldn't use it. tried to reinstall stock rom, but now it got stuck on the android logo, how to fix it? each time i reboot to clockwork recovery, and doing stock-rom and kernel updates, it stuck on reboot, any ideas ? thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users