hersos

hersos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia

I can't help you with that. Use Google.

Wi-Fi is the last option. Find a free wireless zone and download through it.

I downloaded this data via Activesync my friend!

But i would like to ask you some questions:

1) It is necessary to refresh every week this data from Enhanced GPS to have better GPS signal?
2) How can i use the Intermediate Driver?
3) In your device how much time it takes to you to get satellites in a clear and a closed space seperalately?

Hi, maybe your PC isn´t connected to the internet, or maybe your must set your active sync to enable internet connection between your PC and your phone.
To download Xtra you allways need an internet connection (via GPRS, wifi, or active sync). To navigate with the GPS you don´t need an internet connection but to download Xtra files you need the connection. Try it on a wifi zone, or enable your GPRS connection and then download Xtra files.
Hope the info was usefull for you, and sorry my bad English, Spanish is my native tongue.

No problem amigo! I downloaded finally this data and i want to ask you how much time it takes your GPS to lock satellites?

And are you refreshing this data every week?

Edited by hersos, 16 December 2011 - 04:54 PM.

The is only one phone Samsung Omnia i900

blade87

blade87

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
1. For a better signal - I think it's good to do it every week (I don't use the GPS daily so I don't download it every single week)
2. That driver is not needed if the connection to the serial COM port is successful.
3. In outdoors it really depends on the current meteorological condition. In closed spaces like a house or flat, I don't think it will ever connect.

hersos

hersos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

1. For a better signal - I think it's good to do it every week (I don't use the GPS daily so I don't download it every single week)
2. That driver is not needed if the connection to the serial COM port is successful.
3. In outdoors it really depends on the current meteorological condition. In closed spaces like a house or flat, I don't think it will ever connect.

Thank you man. But i downloaded this data and its too difficult to find GPS signal...

And about my previous question, i meant how time exact it takes you to catch GPS signal?

Edited by hersos, 17 December 2011 - 12:40 PM.

blade87

blade87

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Today it cloudy and started to rain, but the GPS connected under a minute. However, I've had days when it was sunny and it took over 5 minutes so I think it depends on many things.
If it can't connect after the downloaded data, then I don't know any other way to help.

hersos

hersos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Today it cloudy and started to rain, but the GPS connected under a minute. However, I've had days when it was sunny and it took over 5 minutes so I think it depends on many things.
If it can't connect after the downloaded data, then I don't know any other way to help.

I connect but i dont find GPS always. It continues difficult to find GPS signal. Posted ImagePosted Image
I expected more from Enhanced GPS...

Edited by hersos, 17 December 2011 - 06:14 PM.

blade87

blade87

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Maybe you need to wait longer. In another forum someone said that he has seen phones that need 15 minutes to connect for the first time.

hersos

hersos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Maybe you need to wait longer. In another forum someone said that he has seen phones that need 15 minutes to connect for the first time.

You dont understand me maybe my friend.

When i tried for first time to find GPS signal, i found satellites immediately!!! Posted Image

But the next few days i need a wonder to find GPS signal! Posted Image

Any help?

blade87

blade87

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Sorry, but I can't think of anything else that may help...

SmaRkieS

SmaRkieS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SII
I didn't touch my settings, I only use VisualGPS VisualGPSce, because it is easy for me to check the sattelite signals, about 3 mins i get satellite lock... make sure you are out door or open field.

hersos

hersos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

I didn't touch my settings, I only use VisualGPS VisualGPSce, because it is easy for me to check the sattelite signals, about 3 mins i get satellite lock... make sure you are out door or open field.

And this program helps you to find GPS signal faster?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users