[APP] Google Wallet (APK/CWM ZIP: 1.1-R41v8) [18/12/2011]

Guest lukegb

Read me first!

There are currently two ways of installing Google Wallet on your Galaxy Nexus. I highly recommend the APK method above the older ZIP method. For instructions on the ZIP method, please email me.

APK method

Prerequisites

You need:

1. Pull down the notification bar and hit the settings icon next to the date. Then choose "About phone" at the bottom. If "Android version" is NOT listed as "4.0.2", you need to update to a new version. Do that before continuing.

Now, what needs to happen next depends on where you are:

I'm not in the US!

If you're NOT in the US, you'll need to be rooted. Grab Market Enabler from the Android Market and install it.

Run Market Enabler and set yourself as "US T-Mobile".

Now follow the US instructions.

I'm in the US!

Open the Wallet APK on your phone e.g. using ASTRO/File Expert/Root Explorer/the download manager.

Now just open Wallet, and it should correctly authorise.

Troubleshooting

Secure Element not responding!

If you have a Nandroid backup of a version of Wallet that worked, try restoring to that. Otherwise, you're screwed unless you get a new device. The Secure Element in your phone has now locked you out.

Insufficient Privileges. Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)

Err, what? This should only occur if you previously used the ZIP method. If so, you'll need to manually restore the old versions of the files.

This can be achieved by either restoring a Nandroid backup from before you flashed OR by following instructions in this post.

I have something not answered here!

Post in this topic and it'll probably get answered pretty quickly.

Changelog

18/12/2011

Removed old ZIP method. APK should work for most people.

Rewrote OP from scratch. 

Edited by lukegb

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rik Brown

Sorted it. Wiped all application data and then tried again.

I think it was because I lost signal in the middle of adding it last time for a few seconds.

Now... Greggs you say Paul? :D

Guest gavinlew

Just tried the new build in Subway, phone connected with the payment reader then Wallet reported that it had to close.

-- logcat

W/ActivityManager( 209): Unable to launch app com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/10060 for broadcast Intent { act=android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE flg=0x10000010 (has extras) }: process is bad

W/ActivityManager( 209): finishReceiver called but none active

D/PicasaSyncManager( 1244): active network: NetworkInfo: type: WIFI[], state: CONNECTED/CONNECTED, reason: (unspecified), extra: (none), roaming: false, failover: false, isAvailable: true

D/PicasaSyncManager( 1244): background data: true

E/TelephonyManager( 459): Hidden constructor called more than once per process!

E/TelephonyManager( 459): Original: com.google.android.location, new: com.google.android.gsf

D/StatsUploadService( 459): Upload disabled

I/MediaUploader( 1228): No need to wake up

W/ActivityManager( 209): Unable to launch app com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/10060 for broadcast Intent { act=android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE flg=0x10000010 (has extras) }: process is bad

W/ActivityManager( 209): finishReceiver called but none active

D/PicasaSyncManager( 1244): active network: NetworkInfo: type: WIFI[], state: CONNECTED/CONNECTED, reason: (unspecified), extra: (none), roaming: false, failover: false, isAvailable: true

D/PicasaSyncManager( 1244): background data: true

Edited by gavinlew

I'm getting "Insufficient Privileges. Insufficient secure element priviliges for this system image (release-keys). Please contact Google Support."

Installed, Booted, Rebooted, Fixed Permissions, Boot.

Suggestions?

I am having a little problem with Google Wallet. I had it working fine on my GSM 4.0.1 GN but then updated to 4.0.2. I had to wipe everything before updating (long story) and redid the procedure to install Google Wallet. It runs fine but I am unable to add the prepaid card to the phone. I get the E-Mail from Google whenever I attempt to add the card but it just returns an error.

Guest TheBishopOfSoho

I am having a little problem with Google Wallet. I had it working fine on my GSM 4.0.1 GN but then updated to 4.0.2. I had to wipe everything before updating (long story) and redid the procedure to install Google Wallet. It runs fine but I am unable to add the prepaid card to the phone. I get the E-Mail from Google whenever I attempt to add the card but it just returns an error.

Are you using a normail gmail account or an Apps account? Apps doesnt work properly with Wallet.

Guest StevenGoose

I'm a little confused. I flashed the "googlewalletfix_1.1R41v8_ICS_aok_galaxynexus" file in Recovery first. After, I followed the steps, and in adb i got an error when trying to do step 4:

Run adb pull /data/system/packages.xml packages.xml

error: device not found

what gives?

Rewrote the first post from scratch.

Nice. Any suggested method for those who flash zip after IrX? I have been doing so since Ir3. Was thinking to wait for Paul to add the apk to kitchen and then do full wipe flash.

Guest AndyCr15

Which Market Enabler are people using? There are two, and neither seem to work?

**EDIT** If anyone else needs, I used this one in the end -

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vicono.AndroidMarketEnabler

So, seems to work. Next problem, how do we top up? :)

**EDIT2** Also, I see we have to have the Market set to T-Mobile US to use it too :(

Edited by AndyCr15

Guest iconoclastic

Open the Wallet APK on your phone e.g. using ASTRO/File Expert/Root Explorer/the download manager.

Now just open Wallet, and it should correctly authorise.

I presume that this line about opening the apk in some file manager is just a fancy way of saying "install the apk",

and that a simple old 'adb install com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-2.apk' will work just as well?

Nice work, thanks!

Still trying to work out how to top up my prepaid card from the UK! :blink:

P

I'm curious...what method did you use to initially load Wallet and get it working?

I flashed the zip package from within recovery soon after the Ir3 flash pre initial boot. Have since no-wipe (other than d cache only) flashed Ir4 and Ir5 each time with same Wallet zip afterwards pre-boot and run Wallet error free for weeks.

In light of others who report on XDA they have Secure Elements issues I respect your thoughts and comments on this development.

Respectfully,

MoDaCo Kitchen User

Guest roswell_blake

Not working. Did the whole packages.xml things and everything went smoothly. I installed the apk and now it just force closes. Doesn't even give me an error.

Guest Highland3r

Not working. Did the whole packages.xml things and everything went smoothly. I installed the apk and now it just force closes. Doesn't even give me an error.

Ditto, packages was fine but this version gives secure elements error.

Guest roswell_blake

Ditto, packages was fine but this version gives secure elements error.

I can't even get an error. It just force closes the second the application is launched.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Luirawr

Guys Ive got it installed and the us t mobile market enabled at the moment. Running wifi trying to add the google prepaid card?

It keeps either Not doing anything at all, or just gives me an error. No error code given.

Ive restarted, reinstalled,cleared data and cache... still no joy!

Anybody got any tips?