• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

clefster

clefster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus

I have also found the battery life to be less than desirable. I've noticed the radio flicks from 3g to H alot where as on my desire it would rarely switch to 3G and would remain a solid H. I believe this has something todo with the drain discussed.

H mode uses more battery, and uses limited resources on your providers phone tower (there's only a small number of H slots). Switching temporarily into H while you need high performance is the correct behaviour. If your phone stayed in H all the time the battery wouldn't last very long. The only change in behaviour you could do here to save battery is to disable HSDPA altogether at the cost of performance.

danbrown162

danbrown162

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:pulse
well after a week of owning this phone my battery life has improved dramatically. 23hrs gone and still at 35% :)

Inquitus

Inquitus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@Inquitus
I am finding battery life pretty good. I have it set to Airplane mode from midnight to 7am, wifi only on where there's wifi, and brightness set to 70%. This has been a period of relatively light use by my standards, but my old HTC Sensation have been long long dead by now.

Posted Image

kenshinhimura

kenshinhimura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am finding battery life pretty good. I have it set to Airplane mode from midnight to 7am, wifi only on where there's wifi, and brightness set to 70%. This has been a period of relatively light use by my standards, but my old HTC Sensation have been long long dead by now.

Posted Image

I wonder if it is due to fast dormany issue thats plauging galaxy s2 too. I tried to use the same mmi code from s2 to nexus but its not compatible. Does anyone know the secret codes in nexus?

chowdarygm

chowdarygm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2
  • Twitter:@chowdarygm
Can anyone check my below screenshots and tell what's wrong with Android os thing running for 3.5 hours and gallery taking so much data. I don't see any wake locks on better battery stats app I am running ir4

Attached Files

Edited by chowdarygm, 04 December 2011 - 08:38 PM.

Current device estate:
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Asus Transformer Pad TF300T

chowdarygm

chowdarygm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2
  • Twitter:@chowdarygm
:( no one?

Current device estate:
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Asus Transformer Pad TF300T

Chris Jenx

Chris Jenx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, iPad 3
  • Twitter:@chrisjenx
Well android os is just any system tasks. Mines about 15% most of the time.
Gallery is syncing your photos to and from google plus, it should calm down after its finished syncing.
Really for me its the screen and google maps which are the biggest problems on batt, but i use my phone alot. Prob awake 6+ hours a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users