OMC Vista Driver problem

Guest Skate Away

Guest Skate Away

Hi,

Apologies that my first post is about a known issue......

I bought a OMC a couple of days ago and would like it unlocked.

I've been trying to get the drivers to install for the last 2 days with no success.

I've read all the threads on here and worked through all the advice offered and the nearest I've come is the USBdeview route, after removing all usb entries that appear to be ZTE related (not sure how to tell for certain) and removing the drivers (the ones I could), I reconnected the OMC after a PC reboot.

Following this I saw the emulated CDRom appear for the first time and ran the exe - this didn't work, so I repeated and redirected to dowloaded files 'handset usb driver' (I think this is the same as the one on the cd), then tried directing to 'google USB driver' and then to 'android SDK'.

This all failed to I then tried again directing the driver install to C:/android-sdk-windows as someone reported success when the drivers were in C - I then reinstalled one of the 'handset usb drivers' and tried to pick up the drivers from the installed folder in C - I then tried the same with the OEM drivers.

I realise this isn't a unique experience and I'm sure some of you feel my pain and frustration....

Can anyone help ?

Pretty please ?

Edited by Skate Away

Guest arnoldziq
I've been trying to get the drivers to install for the last 2 days with no success

Try to use this drivers. Should work with Vista. http://www.filesonic...file/4040039534

I just found this: 'Monte Carlo Terminal software online upgrade tool (orange)' on the ZTE website.

Any ideas what it is or does ?

smile.gif

You can flash your OMC with this tool. The tool which will pickup from ZTE site 'proper' ROM for your phone... stock Orange ROM.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Since you are trying to unlock a brandnew OMC. the only driver you need is 'handset usb drivers' . Just make sure you have turned on USB debugging and if there is a virtual CDROM eject it by right click.

Guest Skate Away

Since you are trying to unlock a brandnew OMC. the only driver you need is 'handset usb drivers' . Just make sure you have turned on USB debugging and if there is a virtual CDROM eject it by right click.

Hi & thanks....

"Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone."

is that done in FTM ?

Guest Skate Away

Ok,

Still can't connect the phone to the pc....

Anyway, not much luck with the software either.

"1 Google "QPST 2.7 Build 366". Click the first link and download the file beside "QPST 2.7 Build 366" and install it."

The dll's all failed to register, is this program compatible with Vista ?

Edited by Skate Away

Guest Skate Away

Hi xiaoyaoswim,

As it is a brand new OMC, is it true I can skip step 4 ?

"Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone."

Thanks..

Edited by Skate Away

Guest Skate Away

ok...

Here we go again...

1) Uninstall handset usb driver 5.2066.1.8B04

(can't find any other installed drivers)

2) USBDeview - I can only find 3 items that seem to be related to the OMC

1 - USB Mass Storage Device (connected no)

2 - Android Phone, vendor specific (connected no)

3 - Handset Mass Storage USB Device (only this one appeared as connected)

All 3 items are now uninstalled.

Rebooting PC, now.

Any suggestions as to how to get the phone installed properly ?

How do I tell if it is ?

Should it appear in 'Computer' and if so, what should it be labelled ?

Should it be visible in device manager ?

Is this sequence correct ?

1) install drivers

2) connect (turned on, but not FTM) phone to pc with USB lead

Just wondering if there is something basic I'm missing ??

Thanks...

Edited by Skate Away

Guest Skate Away

Hi,

Just had about another 10 attempts, fed up with restarting the pc, so I'm going to wait in case anyone has any ideas on how to get the OMC to connect in VIsta.

I've read all the threads (again) and tried everything suggested (again).

Is there some basic thing I've missed or is it actually impossible ?

Any ideas anyone ?

TIA !!

:)

1322591671' post=1854200']

Hi,

Just had about another 10 attempts, fed up with restarting the pc, so I'm going to wait in case anyone has any ideas on how to get the OMC to connect in VIsta.

I've read all the threads (again) and tried everything suggested (again).

Is there some basic thing I've missed or is it actually impossible ?

Any ideas anyone ?

TIA !!

:)

My mate had same problem with vista Download windows 7 and whack it on ,problem solved !

Guest Skate Away

Ok, I think changing my PC OS is somewhat out of the question.

So, failing that, I'm going to have to give it another try (or several).

I'll remove anything I can find in USBDeview and uninstall the drivers, then reboot.

The correct procedure is then:

1) install drivers

2) connect running phone

3) eject virtual CDRom if it appears - do I try to eject the microsdhc drive if that appears ?

What do I do after that ?

What should happen ?

Any help greatly appreciated, if (??) other people have done this successfully, then it must be possible...

Can anyone see where I might be going wrong ?

Cheers

Guest Skate Away

Ok,

Here's plan B.

I've got a laptop that hasn't had the OMC plugged into it or any software added.

So....

How should I go about attempting to connect the OMC to it ?

Some advice that would optimise my chances of success would be greatly appreciated......

:rolleyes:

ps. which drivers are most likely to work & should I install them before attaching the phone ?

Edited by Skate Away

Plug OMC into computer.

Turn USB Storage On on phone screen

Eject device on computer

Turn USb Storage Off on phone screen

Press home key on phone

Go into settings on phone screen; Application Settings; Development; Enable USB Debugging

Drag down status bar at the top of the phone screen. You should see an option to turn USB connection back on

Turn USB On

Install drivers from this thread Drivers For OMCZTE Skate

It was learning that I could get at the USB Storage On / Off setting by dragging down the status bar that started making things happen for me.